• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: The Discussion Thread (keep FE Fates story under spoilertags)

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
So, I was wondering, what was the final Class you kept your Avatar on in Awakening? I went with Dark Knight, since it was a bit too identical to Grandmaster, but had more movement and slightly better stats (if memory serves.) Also, what was your final Skill build on him/her? Mine was Renewal, Ignis, Rally Spectrum/Armshift (I can't remember.), Sword Flair, and Limit Breaker.

So if it wasn't already obvious, I abandoned the run where my Eliwood is total garbage.

For some strange reason, Eliwood, no matter the mode you're in, is usually a coin flip. Rarely will he end up being better than Hector or Lyn without the mentioned two being underpowered themselves. Not to mention how late he Classes Up, and the fact that at that point, it's hard to train a level 1 Unit (I'm looking at you, Nino. >.>).

...And my post messed up, and I'm not sure as to why I can't remove what I said from the Quote. :I

Edit: I figured it out. Never mind.

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
It's actually not for "some strange reason".

It was mathematically calculated, and Eliwood is actually the unit MOST LIKELY to be RNG-screwed due to his growths. THey all float in the 30-50 range for the most part, which is a rough spot to be. Runner-ups for RNG-problems include Erk for a similar reason.

Eliwood will actually probably be the first lord I class up. I proooobably won't be promoting Lyn, so Eliwood gets claim to the first Heaven Seal.

Also, Nino starts at level 5. :p

As for my avatar....

Tact up to 15, promoted. Grandmaster to 5 (Ignis). Reclassed to Merc (Armsthrift), promoted at 10 to Hero. Leveled to 15 (Sol, Axebreaker). Reclassed to Berserker, leveled to 15 (Axefaire). Reclassed to General, leveled to 15 (Pavise) Reclassed to Dreadfighter.

Final Skill Build: Limit Breaker, Armsthrift, Agressor, Pavise, Axefaire

Was briefly a Sage in order to beat Apotheosis, where I switched out Axefaire with Tomefaire.

So, I was wondering, what was the final Class you kept your Avatar on in Awakening? I went with Dark Knight, since it was a bit too identical to Grandmaster, but had more movement and slightly better stats (if memory serves.) Also, what was your final Skill build on him/her? Mine was Renewal, Ignis, Rally Spectrum/Armshift (I can't remember.), Sword Flair, and Overlimit.

For some strange reason, Eliwood, no matter the mode you're in, is usually a coin flip. Rarely will he end up being better than Hector or Lyn without the mentioned two being underpowered themselves. Not to mention how late he Classes Up, and the fact that at that point, it's hard to train a level 1 Unit (I'm looking at you, Nino. >.>).
I never remember. The only classes I ever used are the default for each character, cav/pala, merc/hero, darkmg/sorc. The skills I cannot recall either.

It was mathematically calculated, and Eliwood is actually the unit MOST LIKELY to be RNG-screwed due to his growths. THey all float in the 30-50 range for the most part, which is a rough spot to be. Runner-ups for RNG-problems include Erk for a similar reason.

Eliwood will actually probably be the first lord I class up. I proooobably won't be promoting Lyn, so Eliwood gets claim to the first Heaven Seal.
Might as well not even use the heaven seal for your funds ranking :D

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
you get 2 heaven seals (third is auto use) and he's choosing to not use one of them. Plus since he's using the MK bonus disc he has plenty of funds with an early silver card

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675

Also, Nino starts at level 5. :p

As for my avatar....

Tact up to 15, promoted. Grandmaster to 5 (Ignis). Reclassed to Merc (Armsthrift), promoted at 10 to Hero. Leveled to 15 (Sol, Axebreaker). Reclassed to Berserker, leveled to 15 (Axefaire). Reclassed to General, leveled to 15 (Pavise) Reclassed to Dreadfighter.

Final Skill Build: Limit Breaker, Armsthrift, Agressor, Pavise, Axefaire

Was briefly a Sage in order to beat Apotheosis, where I switched out Axefaire with Tomefaire.
... That... explains a LOT about why my Erk was always getting screwed in almost every Stat... Neither his Speed nor Magic would have even made it to15 (AS A SAGE!) without the constant amount of times I had to use Save States on my Emulator. XD

Bah! No one has any love for Lyn. </3

Yeah, but Nino isn't even a Sage. I just meant that she's just as hard/HARDER to level as Eliwood, since (correct me if I'm wrong) most enemies at the point you get her are Second Class, Level 5-10. :I

Huh? I thought that Limit Breaker was a requirement for beating Apotheosis? Or rather, it made it easier to do so.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Both versions have been done without LB. Normal route is intended to be done without it. Secret route CAN be done, but it's insanely hard without LB.

On Nino, I was just noting that her base level is 5, since you said level 1. It's obviously tough, still.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I just realized that such a thread exist anyways.,,this one of the things that I want in Fire Emblem:

The next Fire Emblem game should include Online battle with maps as huge as Fire Emblem 4, where 4 players can play on the same map each holding a castle, you can do truces and alliance on the same map with other players, you can claim 3 units from each losing side if you seize the castle, but you shouldn't kill the units you are recruiting, the cast is formed of Fire Emblem All-star where each lord and main character has a team of 11 units each unit is a known character in the Lord respective game, that's my Ideal Fire Emblem Online experience...

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675
I just realized that such a thread exist anyways.,,this one of the things that I want in Fire Emblem:

The next Fire Emblem game should include Online battle with maps as huge as Fire Emblem 4, where 4 players can play on the same map each holding a castle, you can do truces and alliance on the same map with other players, you can claim 3 units from each losing side if you seize the castle, but you shouldn't kill the units you are recruiting, the cast is formed of Fire Emblem All-star where each lord and main character has a team of 11 units each unit is a known character in the Lord respective game, that's my Ideal Fire Emblem Online experience...
...You are well deserving of the honorific, "Sama." :cool::ike:

But yes, a more expansive online experience would be great. I feel that Awakening was somewhat toying with this idea a bit, mayhaps to test the waters for something similar to what you described to appear in a potential Console release Fire Emblem game. Oh! or it could even appear in the upcoming title: Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (or as I like to call it, " Fire Emblem X I Don't Care Because Fire Emblem Is Mentioned In The Title And That's All That Matters. XD) which is planned to be on the Wii U, so there's almost limitless possibilities there.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Fire Emblem Online just had to make defense/siege maps with a turn limit. Person on offense of course gets more units to use. Then you just design various maps like a castle a ton of balistas lying around (think Fire Emblem 10 when the laguz alliance is retreating) or like the 3-13 map.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I don't think Intelligent Systems is ready for real Fire Emblem multiplayer, these games have not been balanced for it at all.
Awakening is probably the best game to build off of, since the problem of the RNG determining your character's worth doesn't exist, it would still just become a bunch of Morgan's running around with forged Aversa's Nights. It would be pretty silly and would mostly come down to chance with skills that will give you a one hit kill.

I don't even want to think about multiplayer in a game with canto.

That said, I wouldn't mind if IntSys decided to work on multiplayer(Though FE4 sized maps would not be the direction I'd want them to go,) I'm prepared for their first few attempts to be silly messes.
I'd also love to see a map editor like Advance Wars has, more than I'd want to see multiplayer.

Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem (or as I like to call it, " Fire Emblem X I Don't Care Because Fire Emblem Is Mentioned In The Title And That's All That Matters. XD).
You should take a look, they're some of the best JRPGs out right now.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
I don't think Intelligent Systems is ready for real Fire Emblem multiplayer, these games have not been balanced for it at all.
Awakening is probably the best game to build off of, since the problem of the RNG determining your character's worth doesn't exist, it would still just become a bunch of Morgan's running around with forged Aversa's Nights. It would be pretty silly and would mostly come down to chance with skills that will give you a one hit kill.

That said, I wouldn't mind if IntSys decided to work on multiplayer(Though FE4 sized maps would not be the direction I'd want them to go,) I'm prepared for their first few attempts to be silly messes.
I'd also love to see a map editor like Advance Wars has, more than I'd want to see multiplayer.

Luck doesn't mean a thing if you know your Fire Emblem, but OFC balance is Important, and they need to give you preset teams...What about this idea, you can promote your units in the heat of the battle, you just need to do some objectives like kill 5 enemies and the unit will promote and become stronger, which motivate people to attack more, OFC you can have let's say 5 pre-promoted units, but if you lose these units you lose them forever...maybe we can have a mix of card game with Fire Emblem, you can make and call the game Fire Emblem: Einherjar , where you compose a team of 12 units, each card is a unit and each unit has a role, you have one slot for the Lord, 4 slots limit for mounted units, 4 slot limit for ranged units, the rest of the unit types has no limits. you can only have 5 promoted units in your team excluding the Lord. Each card come with fixed stats and fixed skill-set....If this happen I can die happy xD, but if didn't I need to make a Kick starter for such game xD.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I like the Einharjar idea, but why slap limitations on how many of which type (mounted, ranged, etc.) of unit you're allowed to have? That's stifling strategy for no real good reason. If balance purposes necessitated it, sure, but if I want to use every single Wyvern Rider in the series, I should be allowed to. :p

Also, is anyone who frequents this thread going to Apex? If so, I will see you there! Be on the look-out for my Street Pass team. :D

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
Luck doesn't mean a thing if you know your Fire Emblem, but OFC balance is Important, and they need to give you preset teams...What about this idea, you can promote your units in the heat of the battle, you just need to do some objectives like kill 5 enemies and the unit will promote and become stronger, which motivate people to attack more, OFC you can have let's say 5 pre-promoted units, but if you lose these units you lose them forever...maybe we can have a mix of card game with Fire Emblem, you can make and call the game Fire Emblem: Einherjar , where you compose a team of 12 units, each card is a unit and each unit has a role, you have one slot for the Lord, 4 slots limit for mounted units, 4 slot limit for ranged units, the rest of the unit types has no limits. you can only have 5 promoted units in your team excluding the Lord. Each card come with fixed stats and fixed skill-set....If this happen I can die happy xD, but if didn't I need to make a Kick starter for such game xD.
In a fight where two characters have the same stats, and heal themselves during every attack, a lucky skill activation or maybe a crit would be the best way to win in that situation. There can be other solutions for the situation I gave in my last post, such as simply having more characters nearby, but that's not as optimal as a skill or crit. I feel luck would play a bigger role in multiplayer Awakening.

Obviously predefined characters would be the easiest solution, but I didn't bring that up because I feel it would take away your ability to customize your characters, which I feel is a key part of FE.

Your new idea would certainly work, but I think it would just be best to give character's predefined stats and let you pick the skills(from a selection specific to that character) and no restrictions on who you can pick. Maybe throw in a set amount of gold and let you buy weapons and items when you build your team.

There are many ways for IS to approach multiplayer in FE, I would personally prefer if they kept as much of FE's customization as possible.

Fire Emblem Online just had to make defense/siege maps with a turn limit. Person on offense of course gets more units to use. Then you just design various maps like a castle a ton of balistas lying around (think Fire Emblem 10 when the laguz alliance is retreating) or like the 3-13 map.
I would like to see a throwback to advance wars with a fire emblem theme.
Luck doesn't mean a thing if you know your Fire Emblem...
Literally, the first few chapters of L+ are completely luck based.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ch. 19: This one took a few tries to get it down, but as usual, cleared without too much trouble once past the first few turns. Uhai is a pain to kill, but I got him. Didn't catch the Thief with the Torch staff, though, he moves too quickly to kill without getting totally swarmed. 10-turn clear. (+0)

Turn Count: 96 (+3)

Ch. 19x: Not bad. The Pegs all using Axereavers was a godsend, tons of free EXP for Eliwood. Fielded: Eliwood, Lyn, Hector, Pris, Raven, Canas, Florina, Matthew. Got the second (lol) Silver Card and the goddess icon, Canas did hella work taking out quite a few mages. Did this one in 13 turns (-3) because I wanted to make use of the massive hunks of EXP from Kishuna's morph squad. No chance I was killing Kishuna though, but I had planned to skip 19xx anyway.

Turn Count: 109 (+6)

Ch. 20: Not too bad, actually. Just took a bit of luck to get to Legault in time. Raven, Guy, Pris and Erk handled the right side stream of enemies. Oswin hung around and killed re-enforcements in the south, aided by Canas and Rebecca, who farmed some free levels from the Mages that come out of the stairs. Hector, Lyn, Eliwood, Matt and Serra made the rush up the middle/left side to get Legault and the Member Card. Matt is like level 18 and his stats are the same or worse than most of Legault's, so he'll be getting benched soon unless I find myself in a situation where I need two thieves.

Ended up leaving the Brave Bow behind, unfortunately. I didn't have enough keys or time to grab it. Kinda regretting that now because I had forgotten what a beast Geitz is with it, but I'll live. Cleared in 12 turns. (-4) On target to get Linus' version of FFO, which has a much higher turn count that I can use to save turns, or farm the arena for EXP/Gold. Hector is 16, Eliwood 11, Lyn 13, but they're all right on the cusp of leveling, so I'm pretty much at.... 43/50 required levels.

Turn Count: 121 (+2)
Current Rating on the Oswin-o-meter: 4 Tactics, 5 everything else.

EXP Benchmarks:

Eliwood: 1088
Lyn: ~600
Hector: 1689
Pris: 695
Matt: 1190
Canas: 546
Raven: 702
Serra: 616
Guy: 816
Oswin: 987
Erk: ~475
Rebecca: 605
Dart: 107
Kent: ~350
Florina: ~800
Sain: ~400
Lucius: ~370
Dorcas: ~200
Marcus: 120
Lowen: 368
Bartre: 347
Wil: ~100
Legault: 82

Total: ~13,253 (+1403)
Benchmark for this Point: 11, 850

I'm about one chapter ahead on the EXP, which looks like it's probably gonna be the category to worry about. Gonna try to bring in some of the weaker units, and make use of Arenas, 23x and 32x as best I can.

Funds should be no problem, and they give you a million turns to do some of the later chapters.

Last edited:

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
Hey there fire emblem pros. The only fire emblem I ever played was the one for gameboy advance that I borrowed from a girlfriend a long time ago. I really enjoyed it and started researching the recent fire emblem games. They still fetch a decent amount of coin for gamecube and up. I have access to gamecube, wii, and wii u. If I were to buy just one, which one should I purchase for one of the 3?

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Hey there fire emblem pros. The only fire emblem I ever played was the one for gameboy advance that I borrowed from a girlfriend a long time ago. I really enjoyed it and started researching the recent fire emblem games. They still fetch a decent amount of coin for gamecube and up. I have access to gamecube, wii, and wii u. If I were to buy just one, which one should I purchase for one of the 3?
Which ones are you considering? Also, by "the one on GBA", do you mean "Fire Emblem" or "Sacred Stones"?

XTheElegantShadowX

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3625-7979-8675

Well, adding certain restrictions like, "No Forged Weapons," or, "No Legendary/Special Weapons," could remedy some of those problems.

I personally don't think that Canto would be THAT big of a deal in a competitive online Fire Emblem game. I mean, both players would likely have access to the skill, so it's not like anyone would be locked out of it, per se. That said, if it's like PoR's Canto, where only Mounted Units have access to it, then to keep Foot Units from being at a complete disadvantage, they could restrict the number of certain Classes, so that you couldn't have a team consisting of nothing but Paladins and Valkyries. That or they could just add some penalty to the Skill such as, "if you use Canto, on your next, your Movement will be halved for the duration of said turn." or something along those lines.

I know, I was half joking, really. Though, Persona is the one I'm truly interested in playing.

Hmm.... If you have a 3DS, I'd recommend getting Awakening, since it's the newest Fire Emblem game out there, and is by far the easiest to get into and learn from. If you want something a bit different from standard Fire Emblem games though, you may want to consider getting Path of Radiance/Radiant Dawn.

With only a gamecube and wii you pretty much have access only to Radiant Dawn (RD) and Path of Radiance (PoR).

RD is a very unique addition to the FE series. It contains most of the stuff the series is known to have, but does something interesting. It attempts to divide the game into sections with you controlling sort of separate armies. Some units can be shuffled between groups in various parts. At the very end they all collide together. The only downfall is that sum characters get very little show time while others get a lot.

For a more traditional FE experience you should go with Path of Radiance. Otherwise, I really liked Radiant Dawn for how it split up stuff into parts.

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I personally don't think that Canto would be THAT big of a deal in a competitive online Fire Emblem game. I mean, both players would likely have access to the skill, so it's not like anyone would be locked out of it, per se. That said, if it's like PoR's Canto, where only Mounted Units have access to it, then to keep Foot Units from being at a complete disadvantage, they could restrict the number of certain Classes, so that you couldn't have a team consisting of nothing but Paladins and Valkyries. That or they could just add some penalty to the Skill such as, "if you use Canto, on your next, your Movement will be halved for the duration of said turn." or something along those lines.
It's not so much that Canto would be a massive balance problem, but that I personally think that Canto is not a good mechanic.
I don't like sitting through an enemy turn where a horse runs up, pokes you, and runs away so ten more horses can do the same, it's boring. I think it would make for some very slow multiplayer matches.
I also don't care for how it makes hit and run tactics far easier for the player, as well as how it affects a tank's ability to wall off enemies. And it bugs me that only mounted units get it.

Canto movement after rescuing is fine though, and I really like Galeforce because it isn't restricted to mounted units and requires you get a kill.

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
With only a gamecube and wii you pretty much have access only to Radiant Dawn (RD) and Path of Radiance (PoR).

RD is a very unique addition to the FE series. It contains most of the stuff the series is known to have, but does something interesting. It attempts to divide the game into sections with you controlling sort of separate armies. Some units can be shuffled between groups in various parts. At the very end they all collide together. The only downfall is that sum characters get very little show time while others get a lot.

For a more traditional FE experience you should go with Path of Radiance. Otherwise, I really liked Radiant Dawn for how it split up stuff into parts.
Thanks for the detailed response. I don't have a 3ds so yes I'm limited to Wii/Wii U titles and gamecube.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Had ample time traveling to/from Apex to play, so here's a whole mess of chapters for an update on my S-rank run.

Ch. 21: 10 turn clear. (+1) All villages visited, stole the Hero Crest from Oleg. Some godlike levels obtained. Flew by the seat of my pants, though. Planning on writing a children's book about this level called “There are too many Wyvern Riders!” Fielded: Hector, Eliwood, Serra, Pris, Erk, Rebecca, Dart, Legault, Ninian.

Turn Count: 131 (+3)

Ch. 22: 10 turn clear (-1). Guy killed Eubans, got the Knight Crest and both chests. Got a few levels for Heath. Fielded: Hector, Eliwood, Lyn, Ninian, Guy, Raven, Oswin, Erk, Serra, Pris, Legault, Isadora.

Turn Count: 141 (+2)

Ch. 23: 11 turn clear. (+2) Took a tiny bit of extra time to grab what treasure I could. (Hero Crest, Light Brand, Ocean Seal) Had to leave behind Filla's, Eclipse and the Body Ring or my turn count would've gotten murdered. Stole the Guiding Ring and the White Gem. Qualified for Genesis (23x). Also hit my level requirement for the Linus version of FFO. (19 Hector, 15 Eliwood, 16 Lyn)

Turn Count: 152 (+4)

Ch. 23x: Dear god, this one was hellish. So much of it just came down to sheer RNG on the status staves. Fielded: Hector, Hawkeye, Serra, Pris, Guy, Heath, Legault, Rebecca. Guy and Heath handled most of the right side, Serra and Pris had to trade Restore back and forth a few times to combat the Silence/Berserk staff. Hawkeye did serious work in this level. I'd have rather given others the EXP, but he was my best bet for killing the promoted enemies in the bottom half of the map without (or with minimal) counter-attack damage, thanks to the Brave Axe and having 18 Res after Barrier. Got all the chests, obviously didn't kill Kishuna. Unfortunately I didn't see exactly what my turncount was, but I know it was no more than 16 (-9), so I'm just going to use that number.

Turn Count: 168 (-5)

Ch. 24 21-turn clear. (-1) Afa's drops went to Heath prior to the chapter. Got a bit messy due to all the Wyvern riders, but I managed to spread EXP pretty well. Eliwood, Dart, Florina and Pris all went East to recruit Geitz, snag the Earth Seal and combat the re-enforcements. Heath, Raven, Guy, Rebecca, Canas, Hector, Serra and Ninian all went into the village. Had a good farming block set up by the vendor using Heath as a wall. He'd weaken the Mercs/Wyvern Riders and Canas/Rebecca would pick up kills on potshots.

Several units promoted during this chapter. Heath, Serra and Guy all hit 20 and promoted. Guy spent a few turns at the end in the Arena, promoted, and then softened up Linus for Serra to snag the kill. Converted a ton of my items into more useful items this chapter. Sold some excess stat boosters (Secret books, mostly) and converted them into Reaver weapons, which will be much more useful to me.

Turn Count: 189 (-6)

As an aside, going to compare my units to their averages when/if I promote them.

Guy (Valued are adjusted to compensate for average HHM bonuses):

Level: 20/1
Hp: 41 (-1.75)
Str: 18 (+3)
Skill: 20 (+0.5)
Speed: 20 (+0)
Luck: 17 (+4.35)
Def: 12 (+1.45)
Res: 7 (+0.75)

Guy's doing super well, really happy with his performance currently.

Heath (Adjusted for HHM, but not for Afa's drops, because calc'ing that is a huge pain):
Level: 20/1
HP: 48 (+1.6)
Str: 20 (+0.5)
Skill: 18 (-0.5)
Speed: 16 (-0.85)
Luck: 11 (+1.4)
Def: 14 (-0.9)
Res: 6 (-0.6)

Relative to his averages, he's actually not doing that amazing (I gave him Afa's at 16, after Genesis), but he's still by far one of my most important units, boasting amazing durability, movement and damage capabilities.

Serra:
Level: 20/2
Hp: 31 (+1)
Magic: 12 (-1)
Skill: 15 (+2.3)
Speed: 19 (+2)
Luck: 17 (-0.4)
Def: 6 (-0.85)
Res: 16 (-1.45)

Doing solid, most notably in the speed department. She'll continue to be very useful and durable thanks to her speed and luck.

Onward to Ch. 25, which is a 0 chapter. As much as it's going to pain my OCD tendencies to do so, I'm NOT recruiting Farina because funds.

Currently 5-stars across the board on the Oswin-o-meter.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Ch. 25: 11-turn clear. (+11) Got a BOATLOAD of Exp. Raven handled the lower left fortress with all the Axe users, netting around 4 levels. Florina handled the North-east fort, netting 2 levels (hitting 20), promoting, and getting one additional level. Rebecca did work with the Ballistae, netting 2-3 levels on potshots with the Longbow as well. Canas got 1 or 2, Pris got 1, Eliwood got 1, and Kent got like 5 (I had he and Eliwood handle the ridiculous flow of Cavaliers). Farina not recruited, as expected.

Merlinus promotes as well~!

Turn Count: 200 (+5)

Ch. 26: Pretty easy chapter. Got levels for Eliwood (who I'm going to promote because his stats are nuts), topped off Matt at 20, got one each for Raven, Erk, Kent, Rebecca, Canas. Possibly a small handful of others. Got the village no trouble.

Turn Count: 211 (+5)

Florina Averages:
Level: 2
Hp: 42 (Robed) (+1)
Str: 17 (+2)
Skill: 14 (-3)
Speed: 20 (+0)
Luck: 20 (+3)
Def: 8 (-1)
Res: 13 (+0)

She's doing fine, totally cool with trading skill for Strength & Luck.

EXP Benchmarks Again:

Hector: 1900
Eliwood: 1820
Lyn: ~840
Serra: ~1393
Pris: 1241
Canas: 922
Raven: 1294
Dart: 1049
Rebecca: 1585
Ninian: 528
Kent: 504
Heath: 1300 + 42
Erk: 905
Matthew: 1300
Legault: 656
Florina: 1200 + 157
Guy: 1700 + 14
Hawkeye: 293
Oswin: 1100 + 0
Sain: 298
Lucius: 370
Dorcas: 200
Lowen: 368
Bartre: 347
Isadora: 10
Will: ~100
Rath: ~40
Geitz: 97
Louise: 27
Pent: 62

Total: 23,662
Benchmark for this point: 19,550
S-rank Requirement: 40,000

I'm starting to worry I may not make the S-rank requirement. Reading a play log, the guy who was playing was looking at having 120 levels to go, where I still need like 165? Although he beat the requirement by a sizeable chunk, I'm still gonna have to dig deep. We'll see.

If I can't S-rank it and instead nab the A-rank, I'll still be quite happy with that.

smashmachine

Smash Lord
Both versions have been done without LB. Normal route is intended to be done without it. Secret route CAN be done, but it's insanely hard without LB.

On Nino, I was just noting that her base level is 5, since you said level 1. It's obviously tough, still.
"insanely hard" as in "don't worry, you have plenty of overhead?"
because whether you go solo or use a full team, it's just cheese strats all the way

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
"insanely hard" as in "don't worry, you have plenty of overhead?"
because whether you go solo or use a full team, it's just cheese strats all the way
No? I don't agree that "cheese strats" are necessary. What exactly do you consider cheese?
Did you end up resetting to avoid Lyn Mode at all?
I did not.

I'm feeling a bit better right now though, as I was able to pull in a solid chunk of levels on some of the lower-end units of my team in PFoD. Dorcas and Lucius got like 8 levels between them. Not going to be able to salvage Bartre, Lowen or Wil, though. They're simply too low level. Gonna try to pull some levels out of Rath, Nino when I get her.

Ch. 26: This one was quite easy. Nabbed several levels for Eliwood having him fight the Wyverns, got a couple for Erk, Raven and Kent down south.

Turn Count: 222 (+5)

Ch. 27: My under-use of Dorcas/Bartre meant I've got the Kenneth version of this map. Would've liked Jerme's to shave more turns, but I made this one work. Dorcas snagged some levels killing the South-west Wyvern re-enforcements with the Dragon Axe, while Merlinus stalled out the General so that I could get Harken. Eliwood, Dart, Hector, Pris and Pent moved up the middle between the buildings, with Pent eventually falling back to ensure Dorcas stayed alive. Eliwood hit 20 and promoted, while Dart hit level 20 and will now be riding the bench due to the Ocean Seal's cost. Raven, Rebecca, Lucius, Serra, Legault and Ninian took the east side, netting a handful of levels for each of them. Had to let the Thief open all the chests, then boxed him in so I could have Legault steal the items back once he got there. Got Harken no trouble. Eliwood grabbed the kill on Kenneth, netting a 17-turn clear (-1).

Turn Count: 239 (+4)

Eliwood's Averages:
Level: 20/2
Hp: 38 (+0)
Str: 19 (+3)
Skill: 12 (-3)
Speed: 19 (+3)
Luck: 19 (+3)
Def: 14 (+2)
Res: 12 (+2)

For the first time ever, Eliwood has seriously impressed me.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Speaking of blessed units:

Fire Emblem 3000.png

His AS is 0 because Javelins are ridiculously heavy(20 Wt) in FE3

I don't know how this stacks up to average, but I'm pretty sure he's not supposed to be doubling nearly as often as he is.

Top Bottom