• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Work In Progress Fire Emblem Heroes: Finally found Forrest, MIA since 2017

Best hair colour for Forrest?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member

The fire chick with a sword, don't ask me to spell her name tho

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
It's "Laegjarn is an Arena bonus unit" season

I also ran into two +10 Surtrs on the same team, and the Ylgr was +10 too. Talk about a whale of a whale. Still beat them fairly easy though, his daughter is too stronk, Book II's end game continues to be BS.

I also set Laegjarn as my primary unit for the Voting Gauntlet so let me know if any of you want her and what build you prefer.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
I also ran into two +10 Surtrs on the same team, and the Ylgr was +10 too. Talk about a whale of a whale. Still beat them fairly easy though, his daughter is too stronk, Book II's end game continues to be BS.
> Two +10 Surtrs and a +10 Ylgr
> Can't be bothered to upgrade the Heavy Blade seal

So this person is willing to spend probably a small fortune on some mobile game, but can't stretch to spending a couple of fictional coins to make the unit they spent hundreds of real money on even stronger? I'm confused.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
> Two +10 Surtrs and a +10 Ylgr
> Can't be bothered to upgrade the Heavy Blade seal

So this person is willing to spend probably a small fortune on some mobile game, but can't stretch to spending a couple of fictional coins to make the unit they spent hundreds of real money on even stronger? I'm confused.
Whales only know how to spend money, not how to invest it wisely.

And let's not even get into teaching them how to manage resources they can't buy with money.

If any of you are a whale, I'm sorry

D

Deleted member

Yeah, I'm a whale
W-completely
H-without
A-any
L-****ing
E-money

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
No ragrets:
Screenshot_20181204-002440.jpg

I expected him to be the unpopular, but turns out Helbindi is Team Feathers.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
This final day of the Legendary Hero banner has been... meh.

I decided to give a final go at summoning from that banner for either a better nature'd Hrid or another Brave Hector for Bold Fighter fodder. I didn't get either of them unfortunately. The best I got was this:

It's Summer Cordelia, and she was my first summon for the final day. Her IVs are nothing outstanding, nor are they awful: +Res -HP.

Wasn't really planning on pulling her tbh. My +Def -Res Legendary Ephraim already does a very fine job as my blue cavalier; Summer Cordelia feels rather redundant.

This has been eventful Legendary Hero banner overall though. Finally pulling a perfect nature'd Brave Hector and my first Hrid were the main highlights, with my other new 5-stars from the banner being another Legendary Ryoma, my first Legendary Lucina, and now my first Summer Cordelia.

A few days ago, I also got another Brave Ike as my free summon for that new Ward Skills banner that came out then. Always good to have more Steady Breath fodder!

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
The only notable things I got off the legendary banner were Nina and a second legendary Ryoma.

Technically, I WAS looking to get Nina, but I'm dumb and she didn't have a skill I thought she did that I wanted for SI. Which on further thinking I didn't need anyway.

Both Legendary Ryomas I have are -Spd. :v

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
I can't wait to be able to spend orbs again after all these months.

It's been an interesting time, but I'm eager to see results at this point.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
So in the Lego Banner I got... nothing
Just did a full circle and left lul

Im focusing on a couple of Surtrs at the end of his banner and the Christmas rerun.

Feels good to save, man.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
So I checked my ranking immediately after I did my most recent Voting Gauntlet match just a few minutes ago, and OMG!

I'm currently the #1 rank on Team Hrid!

This is the first time I've ever achieved this at some point during a Voting Gauntlet! The highest I've ever placed during a round within a Voting Gauntlet was usually around the top 200 and that's it. Never have I reached this high of ranking until now. Reaching first place at one point? Now THAT'S even more of a shocker.

I'm all out of flags though. I used them during the multipliers Team Hrid got during today (and he got a lot in this fierce battle with Team Laegjarn so far). Thus, it probably won't be long until someone snags the number one rank from me.

Still, this will go down as one of my proudest moments in Fire Emblem Heroes!

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Oh ****, finally some news.
Opossum Opossum for Shadow Dragon love.

Of course Navarre gets a weapon named after his title. That said, awesome to see that both Robins are finally get unique weapons. Unsurprisingly, neither of them are Thoron+. Here's hoping they get some good weapons.

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
CATRIA REFINEMENT LET'S GO! FINALLY SOME LOVE FOR THE WHITEWINGS. I just hope her base effect is the -1 cooldown as my Catria really used that for her advantage. Interested in the Robins too, hopefully they give them something interesting, like a raven tome with triangle adept or something like a spectrum rally.

Ivander

Smash Legend
CATRIA REFINEMENT LET'S GO! FINALLY SOME LOVE FOR THE WHITEWINGS. I just hope her base effect is the -1 cooldown as my Catria really used that for her advantage. Interested in the Robins too, hopefully they give them something interesting, like a raven tome with triangle adept or something like a spectrum rally.
We may have hers, Palla's and Est's weapon effects.
(lit. "triangle"): If the number of allies within ??? spaces ≥ ???, grants stats+??? during combat, and unit attacks twice.
Considering their whole deal was the Triangle Attack, it wouldn't be surprising if they got a weapon that gave them an effect to be something like the Triangle Attack.

Last edited:

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675

Considering their whole deal was the Triangle Attack, it wouldn't be surprising if they got a weapon that gave them an effect to be something like the Triangle Attack.
If that's the special refinement on top of the -1 cooldown, I'm down for it! With Catria's really balanced stats, if she get's even more stats all across the board plus a guarantee follow up, I'm in! It would make better that I ended up choosing a +atk Catria instead of +speed, since she won't be needing as much speed with that. I might have to change her brazen attack/speed with something else though, maybe it's time I give her DC...

Heck, I might make a +10 Palla and have all whitewings as +10 (even if Est is 4 stars lol).

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Excited to see refines for Palla, Catria, M!Robin and F!Robin. Hopefully all of them get good weapon effects. Currently got 600 dew on me so I will be able to refine three of these character's weapons if they are good. And I was just thinking of spending 400 dew on Alfonse's and Sharena's weapon refines so I am glad I didn't do that now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
OGMA AND PALLA REFINES AHHHHHHHHHH

Really excited to see what Gladiator's Blade will have as an effect. The Whitewing Weapons had their abilities datamined, at least. Also between these and the Gharnef GHB, I'm thinking there's gonna be an Archanea banner soonish.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer

So wait, it's like a brave weapon that boosts stats too? That's pretty ludicrous. I'm guessing if this is it, either the stat boosts are going to be small, and/or it'll need two or three allies in range to activate.

but the powercreep train is rolling at full speed now so it'll probably be like +10 to all stats if another ally is anywhere on the map

>Navarre gets a refine
>Not Joshua
Wake me up inside
Look on the bright side. The longer it takes to show up, the more broken it'll be when it arrives, right?
that's the only thing keeping me sane with how long Forrest is taking

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So wait, it's like a brave weapon that boosts stats too? That's pretty ludicrous. I'm guessing if this is it, either the stat boosts are going to be small, and/or it'll need two or three allies in range to activate.
The description says "If the number of allies within ??? spaces ≥ ???." Combined with the usual requirement for the triangle attack, it's likely based on having 2 allies within 2 spaces.

Ivander

Smash Legend

but the powercreep train is rolling at full speed now so it'll probably be like +10 to all stats if another ally is anywhere on the map
I'm positive it'll need the 2 allies, considering the whole deal with Triangle Attack was having 2 of the Whitewings next to the Whitewing doing the attacking.

Moydow

The fairest of them all
BRoomer
The description says "If the number of allies within ??? spaces ≥ ???." Combined with the usual requirement for the triangle attack, it's likely based on having 2 allies within 2 spaces.
That's what I figured, but depending on the sort of team you're running that's not exactly a tall order. So I figure the stat boosts shouldn't be that high. But on the other hand, maybe they need something strong like that to keep up with other, newer units, so maybe it's not so bad.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
why

why do you exist

>After this pity break, game leaves me with a pool of 3 Reds after barely giving me any
>Buy 10 Orbs
>5-Star Katarina

I thought this was a good banner for building up merges but this has been some of the worst luck I've had in a while. Red pool demotions can't come soon enough.

This is also my case in point for why Heroic Grails should allow you to obtain any character you already own.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
ROBIN REFINE

OH GOD YES

I’ve been waiting for this for so long, I’m thrilled they’re finally doing something with them. Hopefully they get something good to compensate for their stats being terrible.

And hopefully it’s something better than or at least a strong alternative to what I already run.

34F601DD-0038-4EFE-AF2F-346CA3B1ECE1.png

This guy doesn’t really need a buff, but it would certainly be appreciated.

Wonder what the Prf will be?

Jojalole

Henshin a go go baby!
Switch FC
SW 7943 9867 0675
Hold up, I don't know if I'm reading this correctly. Are you guys saying that the whitewings don't get a guarantee follow up, but a brave effect on both phases as long as some allies are near them? Plus giving them some stat-boosts?? NOW I REALLY WANT THAT, CATRIA WOULD BE HELLA BROKEN WITH THAT!

I think it's too good to be true, but hey, looking at what Saber got, it might be a parallel to that. The requirement is different, one having the special ready and the girls being near allies, both would give stat boosts (probably +3 like Saber's) and instead of DC they get a brave effect. I'm so damn excited for this refine if true, good lord...

Ivander

Smash Legend
Hold up, I don't know if I'm reading this correctly. Are you guys saying that the whitewings don't get a guarantee follow up, but a brave effect on both phases as long as some allies are near them? Plus giving them some stat-boosts?? NOW I REALLY WANT THAT, CATRIA WOULD BE HELLA BROKEN WITH THAT!

I think it's too good to be true, but hey, looking at what Saber got, it might be a parallel to that. The requirement is different, one having the special ready and the girls being near allies, both would give stat boosts (probably +3 like Saber's) and instead of DC they get a brave effect. I'm so damn excited for this refine if true, good lord...
After what Saber got, anything is possible at this point. I mean, who the heck was expecting Distant Counter on a Refine? Granted, it only DCs when his Special is ready, but that already works well with his original set of Aegis + Shield Pulse + Quick Riposte Seal, making him a great Magic Counter. Then there's also Special Spiral which ensures he has a Bonfire or Luna ready after battle, so Saber got it quite good.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Can Robin get a Close Counter prf with extra stat boosts? :happysheep:

D

Deleted member

We'll eventually get a bunch more of Magvel refines and Lyon gets Close Counter with Triangle Adept as a special refine. You heard it here first, folks.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Based on the name, I'm betting the refine will have a tactics effect.

I could also see built in TAdept.
That's possible, yeah, but then Draconic Poleaxe and Solitary Blade had nothing to do with dragons or solo skills, respectively.

On that note, I'm mixed regarding the possibility of a built-in Tactics weapon. On one hand, Tactics are fantastic, and being able to run Robin with multiple tactics at once makes them really useful as support units.

However, aside from the fact that limiting an otherwise flexible unit to pure support is somewhat controversial, Robin wouldn't even be as effective as Titania in this role. Infantry units are harder to use as Tactic buffers since they're so common, and generally they want to be the ones receiving the buffs since that's the only consistent way they have access to +6 buffs. Not to mention if they just copy Draconic Poleaxe, getting stuck with a TA prf isn't all that fun.

I'm hoping for something a little more interesting, or at least something that would fit Robin well as a unit. One thing I could see them doing is mimicking the Bond refine that the Awakening Falchions received, which not only would be greatly beneficial to Robin as an almost straight upgrade to their preferred Owl tome strategy, but also fits the theme of Awakening that the three protagonists were designed with in mind. (Ever notice that Chrom, Robin, and Lucina all have Spur skills in their base kit? And that they all say "Our bonds give me strength!" as a special quote? That Bond refine Chrom and Lucina got was no coincidence.)

(Speaking of which, that's also why I think a Tactic refine might not be the best option. Robin's partially designed to be used alongside Chrom and Lucina. They aren't compatible with Tactics buffs.)

Anyway, whatever happens, I hope it at least gives my Robin some fun new toys to play with.

Last edited:

Ivander

Smash Legend
Based on the name, I'm betting the refine will have a tactics effect.

I could also see built in TAdept.
How about the opposite of Chill skills? Instead of targeting an enemy with the highest ATK or SPD and reducing it, they affect the ally with the highest ATK or SPD and increase it even more. Their Refine effect is reducing the closest enemy's DEF or RES Stat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

How about the opposite of Chill skills? Instead of targeting an enemy with the highest ATK or SPD and reducing it, they affect the ally with the highest ATK or SPD and increase it even more. Their Refine effect is reducing the closest enemy's DEF or RES Stat.
This would actually be a cool skill but they'd have to make the buff be, like, 8 to be worth not affecting your other 2 units.

I think the Robins might get an effect nased on Rally Spectrum actually.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Crossing my fingers for Laegjarn in the VG. I saved my flags for the end of the round but we've been stuck in Same almost every time I checked. I'm just gonna burn the last of them and hope that others do the same and that we overtake Hrid in the last hour. I don't think either team is getting a multiplier at this point.

On one hand, she deserves justice and I want her to win, but if she gets knocked out, well, I can not worry about the VG for Smash Ultimate weekend.

Top Bottom