• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
What are you implying with that vid, Gorf?

Gova: I can understand why Soup has a problem with MiR. Mainly because MiR hasn't done anything after trying to make it MY job to explain the push, rather than explaining it himself.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Okay, but I seem to recall a few people having problems with his statements regarding MiR, like he was using that slot to defer pressure or something, so I'm not sure if somehow magically everyone is just okay with that now.

gonna have to go back and see

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
What are you implying with that vid, Gorf?
I thought we may've been on to something, Gorf, but I'm coming out of this with a town-lean on Soup after we talked him down. Slight, but it's there.

Reason being is that his concern over the wagon seems that he genuinely doesn't want to see a ML over stupid ****. He's not thinking solely out of self-preservation. If it had been the latter I'd have been more worried, and seeing where his head is at (reads-wise) after the wagon just makes me feel better about it overall.
I agree on soup seeming pretty sincere.
Fandangox can bee my crutch.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
What's your stance in regards to this?
I also understand Soup's thinking about MiR and finding myself agreeing with it for now. That's where that "I'll drink to that" post came from. MiR could certainly use more pressure as arguably one of the strongest slots in the game. getting a better feel for them would be quite useful

:gova: intensifies

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Okay, but I seem to recall a few people having problems with his statements regarding MiR, like he was using that slot to defer pressure or something, so I'm not sure if somehow magically everyone is just okay with that now.

gonna have to go back and see
I never said I was okay with it.

I'm saying I think his initial reason for finding a disliking to MiR is fine, but his insistence with it is odd, considering there's not anything else to go on.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
yeah i said "people" as in i'm pretty sure someone didn't like it tho i forgot who it was, not saying that it was your or raz

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Well I only found it that Soup was focusing on MiR more than Potassium, and Potassium more than Gorf. Because MiR hasn't gotten back at him, and Potassium hasn't posted since that Gheb comment. I again, would like to know what Make it Rain! and Potassium think of the wagon's reaction.

Also Gorf what do you mean by crutch O:

#HBC | Gorf

Damn Gova I didn't click on your vid at first but now that I did DEM NOSTALGIA FEELS.

Celine Dion writes so many generic sounding songs but THEY'RE ALL SO MEMORABLE.

And THAT'S the way it is :)

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Let me start off by saying that RVS was trash. People were deferring pressure when there were opportunities to get the ball rolling, particularily Raziek.
Actually, Gorf, tell me how I should feel about Gargaglione. How do you best read this slot?
^that gig went on way too long
Guys, it's time to lynch scum.

Vote: @ScaryLB59

There were some stupid comments in there that I think deserve some attention.
I'm not taking it as scum, not yet at least.
Elaboration would be nice here.

I don't like MiR at all coming into this game because his vote on me is non-confrontational and he's acting pretentious.
This post is bull****. What does pretentious even mean in this context?

I can't dodge a question that has no substance to begin with.
This post ticked me off. Not only is it a chance for Raziek to get into the game (something Ive seen him struggle with before), it is also entirely wrong to say our request has no substance. It forces you to analyze a situation and take a stance on it.

Now on to various comments/questions.

Was it the way I reacted to Gheb dying?
Yes. Yes it was the way you reacted to Gheb dying, and that's all it takes to start off an RVS wagon.

Why Raziek?
Answered.

I mean it in the sense that he went and turned something around and made it Raziek's job to explain his own vote. I can see how he might use this as a way to read Raz in his own way but if MiR snapped back at me I might have been able to read into why he did what he did in the first place, his whole disposition on me seems like he isn't intent on doing that and he's playing more to an image than scumhunting. I don't know why if I was the center of attention for him he would ignore me calling him out on his vote in the first place.
This is pure assumptions. Please.

idk about you, but HBC mentality has been strong around here lately. it ruined one of my games and im still a little salty about it, rvs quicklynches arent gone from dgames yet. That's the only possible explanation i can think of why he'd be worried other than lol sucm
Because I know in my head it's wrong and Gova is right that I was worried about a possible HBC, even if that sounds silly. I was very discouraged honestly. No, I don't think that's what the only thing that can get us out of RVS and I would say right now that RVS should be stated done because now people are laying down their reasons to dislike me, which is what I was hoping to see.
This exchange is so weird. Soup just takes the first out he can, meanwhile he said earlier that he "did not feel the pressure". I like soup but the **** he slings around from time to time make me question him immensely immediately after feeling better about him.

@MakeItRain Why change votes from Handorin to Soup? What's your take on his reaction on the wagon?
I agree with what has been said before, Soup has been tunneling a lot and it's not pretty. That said, I do like the fact that earlier on he did try to redirect questions to various members and tried to get the ball rolling.

Our direction/thoughts/stances incoming next post.

#HBC | Gorf

Trying not to step on anyone's toes is what Soup was insinuating to be scummy. I'm saying that I'm not reading it as scummy, but that I don't know if I'd say the same thing later on in life if he continues the "not stepping on anyone's toes" thing. Idk if it'll be scummy in the future, but in that instance it ain't.

#HBC | Gorf

Make it Rain! said:
This post ticked me off. Not only is it a chance for Raziek to get into the game (something Ive seen him struggle with before), it is also entirely wrong to say our request has no substance. It forces you to analyze a situation and take a stance on it.
Umm no it isn't? What analysis of your post could be made at the time? You've lost all merit if you try to say your vote at the beginning was serious btw.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Umm no it isn't? What analysis of your post could be made at the time? You've lost all merit if you try to say your vote at the beginning was serious btw.
It wasn't serious, but it had a cause (our vote being the effect). Soup was confused, so at the time it was obvious more to it than "lol he just picked soup and voted dat ass". No, it won't be in-depth, it was a single vote based on a single action with a few responses, but you gotta start small. If everyone jumped on the Soup train and the fact that we voted him on it, we would've (probably) gotten stuff rolling a lot faster.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
@ Make it Rain! Make it Rain! I don't understand what you mean. Is it that there were posts I should've seen and reacted/voted on other than scary?
There was, but it isn't a big deal. Just something I noticed. If I thought more of it I would've said something about that quote, innit?

Trying not to step on anyone's toes is what Soup was insinuating to be scummy. I'm saying that I'm not reading it as scummy, but that I don't know if I'd say the same thing later on in life if he continues the "not stepping on anyone's toes" thing. Idk if it'll be scummy in the future, but in that instance it ain't.
Works for me, cool.

#HBC | Gorf

It wasn't serious, but it had a cause (our vote being the effect). Soup was confused, so at the time it was obvious more to it than "lol he just picked soup and voted dat ***". No, it won't be in-depth, it was a single vote based on a single action with a few responses, but you gotta start small. If everyone jumped on the Soup train and the fact that we voted him on it, we would've (probably) gotten stuff rolling a lot faster.
You make it seem like you were setting up Raz to look like a tard. It was TOTALLY RVS haha voted dat ass looking, and if Raz said anything else other than that I'd have likely called him the tard. My what analysis of your post could be made at the time question is serious btw, what were you looking for when he said that? Cuz I still don't see anything outside the realm of lol voted dat ass, aside from maybe "MiR was try'na get a feel for how Soup would take that post." I'm not calling you scum on it but I don't think it makes sense to call Raz scum on it either.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
You make it seem like you were setting up Raz to look like a tard. It was TOTALLY RVS haha voted dat *** looking, and if Raz said anything else other than that I'd have likely called him the tard. My what analysis of your post could be made at the time question is serious btw, what were you looking for when he said that? Cuz I still don't see anything outside the realm of lol voted dat ***, aside from maybe "MiR was try'na get a feel for how Soup would take that post." I'm not calling you scum on it but I don't think it makes sense to call Raz scum on it either.
I was already in process of typing this all out in terms of a larger post but it's more likely to get people to read it if I break it up and I don't wanna seem schizo by saying one thiing and getting another. That response in and of itself wasn't by-and-large what pissed us off about him this game. This was:

So HollowNote is new, and I don't know Gargaglione.
Who is you, Gargaglione? I've heard your name, but we've never had the pleasure.
Word.
Are you any good? :o
Actually, Gorf, tell me how I should feel about Gargaglione. How do you best read this slot?
This is all he did in RVS. Despite a budding wagon on Soup, to which Soup was clearly reacting and feedback was being generated from other players (Potato, Fanny, you to a lesser extent, Scary had a couple of posts, Garg), this is how he responds. He doesn't choose to start the game off by looking at things actually going on, he instead chooses to focus on **** he doesn't know about. So, hoping to get him to take something of a stance on anythiing (even if it's just the Soup wagon and why it existed), instead of taking ANY type of stance, he just responds with this:

I can't dodge a question that has no substance to begin with.
I'm sorry but that's the grossest way to cap this off. You don't start a game by taking the most non-committal approach to a game you can find and then ******** when someone calls you out for a stance to something going on around you. That's really bad and that's why we disliked that post so much. It's not because we expected him to have this grandiose reason for us to be doing something, it's that he dug his heels in the dirt on taking an actual stance. It reminds me a little bit of what IR did in D.Gray-Man Mafia hosted way back when, where they started the game of as scum by focusing on then-newbie Bardull instead of other thiings happening in the game.

His more recent posts are better, once he realizes he can't dodge the Soup wagon any longer and is forced to start talking about it, but his early posts are just so bad that it'd be a crime not to highlight them.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Your question was pointless.

The only correct answer "You did it to get reads/generate pressure/get our of RVS" leads nowhere even if I provided it.

Both of you know damn well that I don't participate in giving momentum to RVS wagons that I don't think will lead anywhere. That's why I let the wagon do its own thing and then talked to Soup myself to actually gain some information on him and his reads.

Gorf, can you explain to me why you're holding a scum read on Soup even after the wagon's conclusion? I was with you on his reactions seeming entirely too concerned with it (while he was saying otherwise), but I changed my mind after he explained himself. What made you stick to that read? Any post in specific?

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Your question was pointless.

The only correct answer "You did it to get reads/generate pressure/get our of RVS" leads nowhere even if I provided it.

Both of you know damn well that I don't participate in giving momentum to RVS wagons that I don't think will lead anywhere. That's why I let the wagon do its own thing and then talked to Soup myself to actually gain some information on him and his reads.

Gorf, can you explain to me why you're holding a scum read on Soup even after the wagon's conclusion? I was with you on his reactions seeming entirely too concerned with it (while he was saying otherwise), but I changed my mind after he explained himself. What made you stick to that read? Any post in specific?
Yeh but that's not the issue at hand, babe.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
But yeh, Soup really didn't redeem himself. I don't see how some slots felt better about him on a whole when Gorf is very accurate in that the things he's saying are very different than the things he was doing. He was threatened about the simplest of RVS wagons enough to start getting massively defensive and that was ****ing weird. Him saying he townreads all of the active slots at the moment doesn't redeem him--that's so easy to say. The fact that he continued to be adamant about the pressure he was getting that wasn't bothering him and then kept trying to explain away (very poorly I might add) why he reacted in such a bad way does not make me feel better about that slot. It's real convenient for him to say "I'm threatened by #HBC" when Gova just said it and it doesn't even make sense because Marshy/Ryker/Zen/Kevin and other notorious #HBC members aren't even present in the game. The only real ones you have are me on occasion, Soup himself, and Gorf. That's it.

Hell, Raz, that's something you pointed out so I don't see why you think that wagon's ended. Gorf and I still do not like Soup and both our votes are still there.

Top Bottom