• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Vult Redux

Smash Lord
NNID
Voluero
okay so ryker

Raz is mostly null. Would rather have him over Kantrip. He hasn't done anything I want him to die for yet.
how do you justify saying this when Raz conveniently disappears during the length of time Dabuz is digging his own hole and then reappears when dabuz is already doomed?
Your read on Raz is still only null despite this?

because it is exactly this that makes me regret switching my uncap to Raz. it's so very tempting to go running for the hills when you have a scumbuddy under fire and you don't want to risk voting him to seal his fate nor protecting him to getting associated.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Quoting cuz I'm bad.

Also please don't Uncap Potato, Uncap Raz. Raz is A.) more useful, B.) less connections based on flip, and C.) No one has truly pointed out why he deserves to die besides Kanty which is a plea for his own survivial so it's to be taken with a grain of salt. The votes are tied at the moment so someone needs to budge and move.

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf
@ Gova Gova

If I can convince marshy to let you(Gorf) live for toDay and would you move your uncap to Raz?
i don't know why you're asking me but

A) useful is a platitude; he hasn't been useful, he wasn't here d1 and d2 has been mostly centered around his survival
B) so what? the connection that fandango pointed out is much stronger and more of a reason to let him die
C) no one has pointed out why he deserves to live

off the top of my head ive seen

gets better late game - who doesn't? with more time comes more information for people to make better decisions
he's focused and level-headed - platitudes; these means nothing
obvtown - lol okay; i disagree

it's so very tempting to go running for the hills when you have a scumbuddy under fire and you don't want to risk voting him to seal his fate nor protecting him to getting associated.
what are you saying here? can you reword it? youre not seriously implying that ryker is potentially making votes based on not wanting to be associated with his scumbuddy are you?

yeah gorf youre scum

These red flags are the ones that are raised when somebody just comes in and decides that a play should be made, and a multitude of people just decide that it's the right way to go. Before your presence in this game (which I'm sure you're totally oblivious of) the most anybody has had to say about my slot is that there were some off things here and there and wording or some **** like that. Aside from that I've been generally on the good side of the list. Then suddenly you come in and I'm a play because you say so. I know how much you'd love to believe it's because your presence helps people see the light but ****ing think. I got like 5 voices of support in a matter of a couple of pages because you said so. Think of MMU where Raz decided that he wanted LaundRake dead D2. Once he, a townie mind you, decided that that's the direction he wanted to go, THREE SCUMBAGS decided to pursue that spur of the moment play. I don't give a **** how scummy you think I am, that wagon was in no way town fueled. These are the red flags that I was mentioning. They are conducive to seeing scum alignment out of people. Scary and possibly gova are the people I'd look at most upon a reread with this information. I'm not just tossing out meaningless drivel to save my scummy ***. Your logorrhea disgusts me. And yes this will be a recurring phrase used.
so you are JUST NOW pointing out that you take issue with scarys and maybe govas approach to your wagon? see this is why youre full of **** gorf. if that was REALLY true youdve said so WHEN IT HAPPENED. town players dont just get wagoned and sit back like "yep ima note this for later" especially when youve been actively posting. am i really suppose to believe this ****?

Earlier I WANTED to lynch hollownote because of his complete absence. I didn't have a scum read on him, because there was nothing that can be said about him that couldn't be combated by thinking of him as chicken-with-his-head-chopped-off town. Now Vult's in the game and I'm willing to let him redeem the slot. It's that simple. Raz said that hollownote holds THE STRONGEST connection to dabuz. Even considering how wrong I think he is based on his reasoning, from Raz' POV this is the person he holds the strongest scum read on, and I will not stop pointing out why this is weird to me. Call it flinging **** all you want though you're really getting your point across.
but that was such a ****ty approach to take. you JUST whiteknighted an inactive in one of the last games we played JUST so you could focus on active players. there was PLENTY of information in the thread at the time you couldve used to pursue a scumread or push one but you seriously wanted to lynch an inactive player when there was content to be analyzed. it was utterly bat**** insane and how people are STILL overlooking your bull**** play is utter insanity

Again your logorrhea disgusts me. I do want to keep Kantrip around. I know it's convenient for you to call Raz obvtown because you want Kantrip dead but if Kantrip dies...That still leaves Raz null as null can get. Again... who Kantrip was targeted by will actually yield the ability to read him. If he was targeted by Conquest, he's going to shoot up my scum list. If he's targeted by Comics, he's either dabuz' mate or town. Considering the fact that the end of yesterDay is just WAAAAAAAAAAAY too risque for a scumKantrip to try and attempt saving his mate, this will make me think he's town. If Raz was targeted by Conquest, well then he's not dabuz' mate. If Raz was targeted by Comics, well then he's either dabuz' mate or town. But the fact is that it's very conceivable to see him on either team imo. Is it perfectly clear why I want to save Kantrip > Raz yet? Or should we have a circular argument about it?
this is COMPLETE bull**** gorf. i know youre a smart guy. even if someone is on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to activity i know you will make an effort to read them. raz has PLENTY of posts to analyze that one can use to pull an alignment out of and youre def the kind of player who would put in effort into doing so. but you havent. youve just been taking the easy route all ****ing game and now youre seriously using team arguments to justify your ****ty choice. i can understand where youre coming from regarding potato being town but that doesnt excuse your laziness and nastyass approach with regards to raz. you just keep saying hes null. you are legitimately telling me youve had no INKLINGS with his alignment?

I am SERIOUSLY not townreading raz here. Yes he JUST posted a readslist, but what does that matter? I heard this rumor that scum has the capability to make readslists. With this knowledge does it make you think twice before conveniently thinking that posting a readslist is a town tell? ACTUALLY, believe it or not, we didn't just finish as scumbuddies in a game where raz literally scumread no one for the entire game as town. We just finished as scumbuddies in a game where raz was moderately inactive (null tell) and openly pursued a reasonable amount of scum reads for somebody who's not quick to call out *****es to die. Remember LaundRake D2? Yea I led that because Raz gave the kick. Remember when he was scum reading PJB D1? Oh you don't? Sorry to make you recollect something inconvenient for you, I promise I won't do it again. And again the whole logorrhea disgusting me thing.
lol @ the rumors comment

the rest of this is fair and i concede this point. youre still scum tho

Yes Raz is unreadable. Yes Kantrip is readable. Word. Please read the quote you quoted of mine to see what alignment Kantrip is. Raz being inactive and unreadable is actually, indeed, the case. I don't know if you skimmed it or something but I have openly tried analyzing his play and *gasp* INTERACTED with him! His play still reads as null and his style of play still reads as unreadable. In MMU he was borderline transparent early on. He's yet to emulate that transparency and I mean if you actually see it I'll take a master class with you on how to read Raz but then again I still think it's convenient for you to call Raz obvtown like I've been saying. Oh and I love how every single post you make about must be concluded with a different phrasing of "scum must die" in order to maybe get the attention of the Scary's of this game. Obviously if it works I can't call you dumb cuz well you're getting what you want done but yea. Logorrhea.
at this point youre still clinging onto "raz is inactive and unreadable" but ignoring my insistence that youre being lazy with reading him. youre pointing at mmu when he latched onto people here and there but lets be real how far did those pushes go? he NEVER pushed any of that **** through. even when jerkus was going down that was mostly you and some ******** townies while raz was lazy and laidback about it. i dont actually expect a response to this part cuz i agree i dont want this to go in circles

gorf youre still scum

except that part

No can do. If I had more time sure, but I still have about 15 pages left and also I am busy all day today and tomorrow.
can you do it over the night phase should he escape the noose?

i wont be around for deadline so heres the keys to the hydra. i also endorse a hando lynch but wait for what i am assuming is rykers last push. also do whatever you have to do to keep raz over potato. cannot believe people legitimately want him around any longer

Kantrip

Kantplay
gorf doesnt have to be scum with potato. hes just clinging onto that to try and discredit his wagon

#savingprivateraz
I'm glad you can recognize this much.

I won't be suuuuper mad at you guys if Raz is town because it just means you prefer him to me which I understand. But if you try to justify uncapping him over me as something else I'll be a little peeved.

Kantrip

Kantplay
okay so ryker

because it is exactly this that makes me regret switching my uncap to Raz. it's so very tempting to go running for the hills when you have a scumbuddy under fire and you don't want to risk voting him to seal his fate nor protecting him to getting associated.
Then switch it back

:gova:
obv

Kantrip

Kantplay
Everyone seems so "fine" with pushing between Gorf, Hando, and Vult freely and wagons for the three of them seem very easy to make materialize out of thin air.

If scum is within that trio, which I think there's at least one in there (definitely no more than 2), there is most certainly some hidden agendas for why people are directing the push the way they are. Especially with people who say they're fine for multiple lynches and then slightly prefer one over the others. I feel like we have a link to the DC Comics scumteam in one of Gorf, Hando, and Hollow.

sigh

its built off a lot of personal history with raz. you dont read him by holding him accountable to activity. he gets bored. he gets more interested in other games. he LITERALLY said "guys id catch up but i wanna play this fighting game" which is 100% tried and true raz. ive played games with him where the utterly craziest and most alignment telling **** is poppin off in the thread and he sits back due to waning interest in the game. the posts he HAS made where he attempts to bite into things and/or explain his thoughtsve pinged well with me. MUCH more than potato who consistently ****posts. i think towns focusing on much of the wrong information when it comes to raz. i know someones gonna come in here with "hur meta raz is inactive unreadable" but its true

at the very least i ask you hold off til we can get hando in here

@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu

please prod hando

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
okay so ryker

It's not only null after this day phase. It's a town lean. Even knowing WHY he dipped coming into this Day Phase when I had him at null, he still hadn't given me much. I know WHY he didn't give me much, but that doesn't give me a better look at his slot.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
so you are JUST NOW pointing out that you take issue with scarys and maybe govas approach to your wagon? see this is why youre full of **** gorf. if that was REALLY true youdve said so WHEN IT HAPPENED. town players dont just get wagoned and sit back like "yep ima note this for later" especially when youve been actively posting. am i really suppose to believe this ****?
No I am not JUST NOW pointing out that I take issue with scary's and maybe gova's approach to my wagon. I addressed this point exactly earlier in the thread after the afromentioned quote and no I'm not gonna dig to find it if you just skimmed it. If you refuse to look and I'm scum for making you do so well then cool, my point has been proven.

Nightmare to Deal With When He Thinks You're Scum said:
but that was such a ****ty approach to take. you JUST whiteknighted an inactive in one of the last games we played JUST so you could focus on active players. there was PLENTY of information in the thread at the time you couldve used to pursue a scumread or push one but you seriously wanted to lynch an inactive player when there was content to be analyzed. it was utterly bat**** insane and how people are STILL overlooking your bull**** play is utter insanity
Truth be told? After having reread I couldn't find somebody outside of Hollow/Hando who I felt was firmly scum. Dabuz was my top scum read yesterDay. He got lynched and he flipped scum. I read back last Night, and I came back with a fair amount of town reads, some nulls n leans, and then lost causes Hando and Hollow. I actually DON'T have somebody toDay that I feel confident enough to lynch and expect scum. I had Hando and Hollow, who's deaths will benefit in that they won't just be here, and I had the flip of whoever would be incapped by the end of the Day. I AM going to try to find time to read back toNight and see who is play. Sue me.

Nightmare Before Hard **** in the Mouth said:
this is COMPLETE bull**** gorf. i know youre a smart guy. even if someone is on the lower end of the spectrum when it comes to activity i know you will make an effort to read them. raz has PLENTY of posts to analyze that one can use to pull an alignment out of and youre def the kind of player who would put in effort into doing so. but you havent. youve just been taking the easy route all ****ing game and now youre seriously using team arguments to justify your ****ty choice. i can understand where youre coming from regarding potato being town but that doesnt excuse your laziness and nastyass approach with regards to raz. you just keep saying hes null. you are legitimately telling me youve had no INKLINGS with his alignment?
I have analyzed his posts. I won't go through all that is Raz right now but throughout the early stages of yesterDay (give or take the first half of the Day) I was generally town leaning on him. He seemed like he was interested in moving along, and I thought he handled Politoed's pressure of him really well. But as the Day progressed, he seemed to slip more and more into the background and his pushes all around felt less enthused, for lack of a better word. Then, upon being incapped, he (eventually) comes into the Day with the Dabuz connections thing (call it obvtown all you want but it's not especially when taking into account that he's up for possible death) and THEN starts diving more into reading people and improving activity. If he was up for lynch I'd be against it for these reasons. But that's not the case. He's up for incap. No I haven't been taking the easy route and yes I am seriously using team arguments to justify my rational choice, and you obviously agree with your next statement about understanding where I'm coming from when saying Kantrip is town. My laziness and nastyass approach to Raz doesn't exist. Logorrhea. The fact is that the only tangible things you've said about my play have taken place AFTER your proclamation of me being scum. Not before. And plus, you've overly scrutinized every facet of every post I've made since then and ad hominem'd your way to attracting votes. THAT'S a lazy and nastyass approach to a read if I've seen one, but hey I guess you get a pass for being marshy and having the audacity to do it, right?

That being said, you can help J if you want to try and convince me to move my vote to Raz for uncapping. It's win win. I get a different perspective on Raz (maybe even the obvtown side of things) and you get the vote. I'm not unreasonable.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
no I'm talking about Raz disappearing during Dabuz's claim at the end of D1. Not Ryker.
There aren't time-stamps for me to know for sure, but that entire debacle went down on Sunday February 2nd, PRETTY LATE AT NIGHT IIRC. I'm in an eastern timezone (GMT -4) Atlantic Time, so I'm pretty confident in saying that I probably just wasn't here, and then I think I checked the thread before bed, saw a totally botched claim, voted, and ****ed off to go to sleep because my Mondays are 8AM - 9PM (night class).

Like, I can't really defend that it looks like I waffled on the wagon, but it was ****ty ****ing timing.

I can't read Dabuz, and then I showed up when I no longer had to.

At the moment I really would not prefer the Gorf lynch, as I'm simply not confident in it. Can we not just CCop the man and prune the scummy, inactive slot that NOBODY likes? (Hando) I'd also settle for Vult but I don't think that has the support.

you pointed those suspicions out and proceeded to do absolutely nothing with them. big whoop

im calling bull**** on being satisfied with going hando/hollow. you yourself said you had leans in that post above. as town youd go for a scumlean over a straight null inactive. your justification sounds nice on a surface level but hints at poor prioritizing thats consistent with scum going for a convenient lynch

i sincerely doubt you havent had doubts about potato here and there for you to be as stubborn as you have been with your uncap choice. you swear youve analyzed razieks posts but YOU JUST ****ing pointed out that he got more active without mentioning WHAT in those posts mayve led you to x or y. you continue to cling onto activity arguments over intent. my approach to garnering votes is irrelevant and is just needless slinging onto my slot to discredit me. im well aware my slot looks like a madman without the j half and you taking advantage of that is noted

well see if j can get you onto raz in my absence. im hoping to see town wise the **** up and off you to a scumflip next time i get a chance to really see this thread

Handorin

Smash Hero
Got off work, but I'm tired. School got canceled tomorrow because there might be 1-3 inches of snow or something. Lol. I'll hit this thread tomorrow.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
But Raziek is whom I think is most likely to be Dabuz partner. Potassium has been pretty scummy this phase, but considering Dabuz and Potassium's interactions I don't think he is Conquest.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Fanny. Fanny. Fanny. Fanny. Fanny.

Listen. I love you bro. You're the homie. Please, please, please, please, please help me kill Kantrip. I am going to do it. You know I will. It will end up taking a lynch and being in the way. Please?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
You not quoting really makes this annoying to respond to.

you pointed those suspicions out and proceeded to do absolutely nothing with them. big whoop
The mere fact that I point out their existence in thread IS doing something. I could've just stored them in the compartment of out-of-the-ass reads for later as scum, but I noticed I didn't like something and I verbalized it. It makes me want to not just overlook and bypass Scary when rereading, for one. So yes the whole doing absolutely nothing with them thing is just another exasperation.

NBH said:
im calling bull**** on being satisfied with going hando/hollow. you yourself said you had leans in that post above. as town youd go for a scumlean over a straight null inactive. your justification sounds nice on a surface level but hints at poor prioritizing thats consistent with scum going for a convenient lynch
The above post being my 2184? The one scum lean I was referring to was Kantrip going into toDay, and since you admit my reading Kantrip point is logical I'll say that my mind changed because he came in here incapped. I was in no way feeling him as conquest, and it just doesn't make sense for conquest to target him in this situation. They possess more thread control trying to push him as a lynch rather than an incap. The rest were mild-to-moderate town leans, and then nulls. "Poor prioritizing?" I lynched, accurately I might add, my top scum read yesterDay. You should've seen it daddy you would've been so proud, but since I STILL think you skimmed too hard to let yourself see my play as a whole I guess I'll just have to earn your pride some other way.

NBH said:
i sincerely doubt you havent had doubts about potato here and there for you to be as stubborn as you have been with your uncap choice. you swear youve analyzed razieks posts but YOU JUST ****ing pointed out that he got more active without mentioning WHAT in those posts mayve led you to x or y. you continue to cling onto activity arguments over intent. my approach to garnering votes is irrelevant and is just needless slinging onto my slot to discredit me. im well aware my slot looks like a madman without the j half and you taking advantage of that is noted
I have had doubts about Kantrip here and there, but the stubbornness with my uncap choice stems simply from the fact that I think Kantrip yields a more likely chance of flipping town than Raz. It's really as easy as that. Oh come on you're not actually going to tell me that me not mentioning what in those posts may have led me to x or y is indicative of not having analyzed Raz' posts. When you, marshy, read and analyze players, do you outline what your suspicions are of said players? The answer is no judging how your reasoning for finding me scum before you started attacking every fiber of my recent posts was "his posts make me think he's scum." I'm not going to write a novel about how every post he's made has shaped my opinion of him in which way or what, but I'll be damned if you're gonna sit here and tell me that my posts show a lack of interest in reading him.

NBH said:
well see if j can get you onto raz in my absence. im hoping to see town wise the **** up and off you to a scumflip next time i get a chance to really see this thread
I'll be anxiously waiting for your return.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I don't understand how you misread me so frequently.

But if you're honestly going to try to lynch me if I survive this Day, you're really going to **** up the game.

I hope to hell that Raz is town or your scum mate, for your sake

-.-

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Am I just dumb or do we not have access to all of a player's post in one thread without reading all 55 pages?

Top Bottom