• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Which I appreciate. I'm alright with being the center of attention I guess but it makes me uneasy regardless. I'm waiting on MiR because I have nothing besides an assumption, and I would to get in his head more and know what he was thinking before I made that call. I'm not intent on making a vote unless I feel somewhat strongly about.
AEROGIANERGOAWIRGWANETLRIEGMNUORAEG

Is it really just me?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
@ Gargaglione Gargaglione

Thoughts on this?
That seems like sensible reasoning.

What's odd about it is that he seems to be waiting exclusively on him and expects it to be his saving grace or something

He could be just playing with what's actually here rather than saving himself for a prospect

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I don't care that you're trying to calm yourself down rather than being aggro Soup. If anything, keep that **** up! Your only visible direction seems to be that Make it Rain thing, and you're intent on that being the thing that gets us out of RVS or something like that if I'm putting words in your mouth let me know. But when something happened and the spotlight turned on you (and quite frankly all it was was Fandangox laying a vote on you without a stated reason), you actively tried discrediting it? Why? I think if town saw something RVS stirring up on its way, they'd take advantage of it and work around it. Not even a question was thrown your way before you decided that it was just too stupid to continue, and it HAD to stop. The logic makes no sense to me.
Because I know in my head it's wrong and Gova is right that I was worried about a possible HBC, even if that sounds silly. I was very discouraged honestly. No, I don't think that's what the only thing that can get us out of RVS and I would say right now that RVS should be stated done because now people are laying down their reasons to dislike me, which is what I was hoping to see.

#HBC | ѕoup

Ok? Does that matter? Who cares if scum jumps on?

Unless you suspect this to lead to your lynch, this seems rather unusual to be worried about so much.
Is it? Would you not be somewhat uncomfortable knowing you had 4 votes on you that had no reason, regardless if it was RVS? It's a very daunting thing to deal with.

#HBC | Gorf

idk about you, but HBC mentality has been strong around here lately. it ruined one of my games and im still a little salty about it, rvs quicklynches arent gone from dgames yet. That's the only possible explanation i can think of why he'd be worried other than lol sucm

but yeah science rules obv :gova: k ty
Yea but he's only at L-3 with 7/12 to lynch...

I read Gorf more as just trying to get reactions out of me like stated otherwise, and I've been eyeing Potato a bit too, which is why I asked what Gorf thought of him.
Oh it was totally for reactions, it started actually feeling grimy around the time that I said that you're proclaiming that the game needs to get moving... But just not on you.

Ok? Does that matter? Who cares if scum jumps on?

Unless you suspect this to lead to your lynch, this seems rather unusual to be worried about so much.
Oh cool I'm not the only one.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
At Gabe. Well their votes were in the very beginning of the game, with no reasons stated. I took it as RVS because of that. That said now that you mention it, I would like to know @Potassium Why did you join MiR's vote?

@MakeItRain Why change votes from Handorin to Soup? What's your take on his reaction on the wagon?

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Is it? Would you not be somewhat uncomfortable knowing you had 4 votes on you that had no reason, regardless if it was RVS? It's a very daunting thing to deal with.
Here's my problem with this, Soup.

You're an experienced player. You know pretty much every vote on you is BS.

Do you reaaally think that SWF Town, in a game without Ryker or Marshy, is going to pull a D1 quicklynch?

I just don't understand why YOU of all people are coming across as so panicked about this. If it was HollowNote, or one of the less experienced players, I would understand.

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh it was totally for reactions, it started actually feeling grimy around the time that I said that you're proclaiming that the game needs to get moving... But just not on you.
Brutal honesty, I play and work better when I'm not under pressure. I don't like dealing with games or anything when I know someone is breathing down my neck. I like knowing that I have room to work with.

#HBC | ѕoup

Here's my problem with this, Soup.

You're an experienced player. You know pretty much every vote on you is BS.

Do you reaaally think that SWF Town, in a game without Ryker or Marshy, is going to pull a D1 quicklynch?

I just don't understand why YOU of all people are coming across as so panicked about this. If it was HollowNote, or one of the less experienced players, I would understand.
I don't want to cause a mislynch because I got misread from an outburst of either me calling everyone out on it or me not doing enough and letting it happen. It's always part priority of me to try and make my play presentable as I feel people will listen to me more if they are under the impression I am level-headed, which is why I regret any outbursts I make.

You guys are really making me spill my guts here.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I don't want to cause a mislynch because I got misread from an outburst of either me calling everyone out on it or me not doing enough and letting it happen. It's always part priority of me to try and make my play presentable as I feel people will listen to me more if they are under the impression I am level-headed, which is why I regret any outbursts I make.

You guys are really making me spill my guts here.
But you shouldn't really be making outbursts to begin with, with the understanding that the votes on you aren't with the intention of really lynching you.

#HBC | ѕoup

Oh, I know. That's just how I am however. There's many times where I've lost my **** over trivial things and I've had people scum-read me because of it, which put me in a place where I was trying to explain my intentions. I don't want this to be a repeat of Tranquility or FE:A.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
But you shouldn't really be making outbursts to begin with, with the understanding that the votes on you aren't with the intention of really lynching you.
dude, man, outbursts are reactions. we're trying to get those, for stuff or something

#HBC | Gorf

Could you elaborate?
Is it really just me seeing the disingenuousness (is that even a word) of Soup's play.

Brutal honesty, I play and work better when I'm not under pressure. I don't like dealing with games or anything when I know someone is breathing down my neck. I like knowing that I have room to work with.
Well then don't out yourself so early next time :gova:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Inquiry, then, Soup.

Have you gained any useful reads from how people are approaching your wagon and your reactions to it?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
I think that's this point? Like an if people scum read him when he has outbursts why have outbursts as any alignment sorta thing.
uh he said he shouldn't be making outburst tho

#HBC | ѕoup

Inquiry, then, Soup.

Have you gained any useful reads from how people are approaching your wagon and your reactions to it?
Everyone speaking to me right now and asking me questions give me a good vibe. I can see Gorf's thought process clearly and whlie he might be scum-reading me it looks townie because the way he is handling me. I also don't mind Fandango/You either, or Gova. I can't say I town-read Gova/You yet but I'm leaning town on Gorf/Garg at the moment, and possibly Fandango once I get a bit more out of him.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
uh he said he shouldn't be making outburst tho
I meant that he shouldn't in the sense that if he were truly not so worried about the votes, he would be able to shrug it off better.

I'm not saying that I don't want reactions to get things from.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yea cuz Soup said outbursts = people scum reading him. With Soup's logic, unless soup wants people to scum read him, he shouldn't make childish outbursts. Y/N?
He's honestly pretty null to me. His reactions are extraneous but soup is kind of a hothead, so I don't know how to take it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Soup, if ya don't mind me asking, what happened in tranquility/FE:A

HBC struck again or something?
I got uppity about something I felt strongly about and people misread me as scum flailing or something along the lines of that. In FE:A it was mostly the same deal when Xatres made a crappy case on me and I proceeded to call him out on it and try to explain why I was playing the way I was.

#HBC | Gorf

He's honestly pretty null to me. His reactions are extraneous but soup is kind of a hothead, so I don't know how to take it.
I was thinking this was what you were thinking. I mean if it ain't what you meant it ain't what you meant n I should shut up but yea.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
I thought we may've been on to something, Gorf, but I'm coming out of this with a town-lean on Soup after we talked him down. Slight, but it's there.

Reason being is that his concern over the wagon seems that he genuinely doesn't want to see a ML over stupid ****. He's not thinking solely out of self-preservation. If it had been the latter I'd have been more worried, and seeing where his head is at (reads-wise) after the wagon just makes me feel better about it overall.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Reason being is that his concern over the wagon seems that he genuinely doesn't want to see a ML over stupid ****. He's not thinking solely out of self-preservation. If it had been the latter I'd have been more worried, and seeing where his head is at (reads-wise) after the wagon just makes me feel better about it overall.
I agree on soup seeming pretty sincere.

Top Bottom