• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
This. Friggin. Guy.

Oh and there is NO MOTHER FUCKING WAY that this guy didn't notice the whole Gova catching dabuz' slip. If he noticed the wagon, he noticed the slip. Plus he had PLENTY of time to catch onto the fact of why he was. If he read that dabuz had votes, he definitely read why. And if I have to explain why that's scummy to anyone I will, but oooooh man Kantrip you done ****ed up.
I mean, I did so I guess there was a way

I think you should explain why that's scummy so I can try to tell you what's up and clear up the confusion

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
You thwarted off the wagon on dabuz at first. It looked good and reasonable, and even though it'd spread wifom who knows whether or not town would actually let him live to see past toMorrow. You expect me, or anyone else for that matter, to believe that you skimmed the one and only reason that the dabuz wagon went through, while clearly recognizing that we turned back to going through with it? My suspicion is that you thought that you could be firm enough about it to get people back AWAY from that lynch in spite of gova's catch, and when you realized it wasn't, your lack of mentioning it was enough for it to look like you could've gotten away with skim moar. No of course there's no way to prove that, but it's surely enough to make ME look twice at what you've done all Day. You know how you have that feel on me? Consider that my feel on you. That's just too much of a coincidence for me to buy. Oh and no you weren't the reason that the dabuz wagon started, you just made a big enough post about it.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Note: Ruy just did all this from his phone, final vote count when he was hammered, flip in a sec.

Votelog:
1. HollowNote - Make it Rain!
2. Handorin - ScaryLB59>Make it Rain!
3. Gargaglione - Make it Rain!>Dabuz>Handorin>Dabuz
4. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry) Handorin>Soup>HollowNote>Dabuz
5. Gorf - Gargaglione>Soup>Dabuz>Handorin>Dabuz
6. Raziek - Dabuz
7. Potassium - Soup>Gorf>Dabuz>Handorin
8. dabuz - Make it Rain!>Handorin
9. Top Deck BLS - Make it Rain!>Dabuz
10. Fandangox - Gorf>Soup>Dabuz
11. Gova - Make it Rain!>Dabuz
12. ScaryLB59 - Fandangox>Dabuz>Handorin>Dabuz

Votecount:
1. HollowNote -
2. Handorin - dabuz, Potassium,
3. Gargaglione -
4. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry) - HollowNote, Handorin
5. Gorf -
6. Raziek
7. Potassium -
8. dabuz - Fandangox, Gorf, Gova, Gargaglione, Top deck BLS, Raziek, ScaryLB59
9. Top deck BLS -
10. Fandangox -
11. Gova
12. ScaryLB59 - Handorin

Not voting: Make it Rain!,

Deadline set for February 2nd 11:59 PM CST

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Everyone gathered for the end scene.

Dabuz would not go down without a fight, he gathered his army of pokemon to fight on the battle field.

Unfortunately it was raining so he brought a bunch of pokemon bad in rain, whoops.

The rest if town beat through it with water pokemon and ones good in rain.

Dabuz, Pokemon Conquest Goon, has been lynched.

It is night 1, send me your night actions by February 4th, 11:59PM CST.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
The day has opened with everyone awake but, gasp.

Two people have been incapped!

Raziek and Potassium have been incapped, but only 1 can be saved!

Votelog:
1. HollowNote
2. Handorin -
3. Gargaglione -
4. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry) -
5. Gorf -
6. Raziek -
7. Potassium -
8. Top Deck BLS -
9. Fandangox -
10. Gova -
11. ScaryLB59 -

Votecount:
1. HollowNote
2. Handorin -
3. Gargaglione -
4. Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry) -
5. Gorf -
6. Raziek -
7. Potassium -
8. Top Deck BLS -
9. Fandangox -
10. Gova -
11. ScaryLB59 -

Not voting: HollowNote, Handorin, Gargaglione, Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry), Gorf, Raziek, Potassium, Top Deck BLS, Fandangox, Gova, ScaryLB59,

Uncap vote count:
Raziek -
Potassium -

Not voting: HollowNote, Handorin, Gargaglione, Make it Rain! (Xonar/WashedLaundry), Gorf, Raziek, Potassium, Top Deck BLS, Fandangox, Gova, ScaryLB59,

Deadline set for February 12th 11:59 PM CST

#HBC | Gorf

Hmm.

So dabuz flipped pokemon conquest, and potassium got incapped. By logical deduction it wouldn't make sense for the pokemon conquest team to incap him because he either IS that partner or they could use that hardcore defense against him to frame him, so I think it's fair to say the DC comics incapped em. With that in mind, I think our best bet for the incap would be to find out if Kantrip and dabuz are connected. With the flip, Kantrip shot to top priority, but reading back, his approach to dabuz seemed really genuine and much like him scum reading dabuz. That being said, I personally think we should uncap kantrip. I really think it holds merit to deduce that the DC comics are the ones who incapped em, and his play makes me feel like he's not scum with dabuz.

Discuss.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
i concur, we should uncap potassium

lynch handorin imo

best course of action

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I am more concerned as to why would Raziek be incapped considering his minimal presence in the previous phase.

Also I agree on Gorf's post last page in that it is very unlikely that Potassium just skimmed over Gova pointing out Dabuz's slip. If he didn't actually missed and pretended to, we have to think WHY would he do that.

@ Gova Gova Lets wait for @Handorin and @HollowNote and see what they have to say before lynching them.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
there's a few reasons why raziek would be incapped but there's no point in talking about it

just like i dont think we're gonna get anything useful from hando or hollow

Fandangox

Smash Lord
there's a few reasons why raziek would be incapped but there's no point in talking about it

Why would there be no point talking about it? At least mention why you'd think he would be incapped.

I still want to hear what Hando and Hollownote say before we decide to lynch them.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
cause it's wifom, not gonna talk about things that i have no evidence for lol

if you want some ideas, go read the previous mafia qts

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Hmm.

So dabuz flipped pokemon conquest, and potassium got incapped. By logical deduction it wouldn't make sense for the pokemon conquest team to incap him because he either IS that partner or they could use that hardcore defense against him to frame him, so I think it's fair to say the DC comics incapped em. With that in mind, I think our best bet for the incap would be to find out if Kantrip and dabuz are connected. With the flip, Kantrip shot to top priority, but reading back, his approach to dabuz seemed really genuine and much like him scum reading dabuz. That being said, I personally think we should uncap kantrip. I really think it holds merit to deduce that the DC comics are the ones who incapped em, and his play makes me feel like he's not scum with dabuz.

Discuss.
I agree with this. DC are the most likely ones to have incapped Potassium.

With that said that means Conquest faction (i.e Dabuz's partner) incapped Raziek. For a reason.
Raziek hasn't done much this game, just until very recently he started chiming in. Aside from my #651, MiR going after Raz earlier, and Potassium vaguely naming Raz as scum possibility I don't remember any other relevant mentioning of Raz through the game. There was also Raz questioning Soup and later the wagon on Soup.

Dabuz trying to make Handorin the fallback lynch makes it very unlikely that Handorin is the conquest partner. Dabuz started to go after him when a Dabuz lynch seemed more and more likely. So I don't think that was a distance tactic.

I am gonna re-read and see who was opposed or indiffirent to the Dabuz lynch before it became very obvious that was going to be the first day's lynch.

#HBC | Gorf

Honestly if you agree with the idea that kantrip was capped by comics, then you either think Kantrip is dabuz' mate or he's town. There's no ifs ands or buts. For all we know, conquest capped em cuz he is an untraceable target, but I mean I can't think of a direct reason for them to wanna do that, nor do I see why it matters. Maybe they scum read em. Maybe they're threatened by em. But it's either him or Kantrip, so I'm gonna have to go with gova here.

uncap kantrip

I agree that Hando and dabuz are likely not mates, but he can definitely fit the bill for comics. Like I said, I wanna see their insight before pursuing either hollow or HandoHando

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Dabuz's 759
http://smashboards.com/threads/fire...n-conquest-day-2.346599/page-19#post-16272030

Dabuz goes after Potassium when he is at L-4 and thinks that he is going to be that phase's lynch. Doesn't seem to me like distance, but Dabuz defelcting the heat to another player when he was in trouble, like he did most of the phase.

So far from re-reading Dabuz tried to go after Potassium when he thought he was in trouble, and after Handorin when he thought he was about to get Lynched. So unless that's bussing I find it very unlikely that Hando=Dabuz and Potassium=Dabuz.

So that means Gorf is probably right in DC capping Potassium. I haven't found much yet in terms of Raz. I think I'd rather go for a Ptoassium uncap, but gonna wait for others to chime in and see what they have to say.

#HBC | Gorf

In hindsight "uncap" is ****ing stupid. If incap is short for incapacitated, then uncap is short for... Un... Capacitated? That's not actually a thing right?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Not sure if all this quote digging will be useful, but whatever.

I think I'd actually rather Handorin at this point.

Still not a huuuuge fan of Dabuz. Problem is, I'm unsure if it's Town grasping at scum to throw under the bus, or scum doing so.
Raz prefers Handorin to Dabuz as a lynch.

Potassium asks:

Why Handorin?

Why do you hate dabuz and yet want to vote alongside him?

Do you not think dabuz is being a tad opportunistic with his Handorin stuff? Like, a few people said his vote was bad and dabuz goes balls deep on that and blows it way out of proportion.
Raz answers:

You make valid points, but look at this from the perspective of TownDabuz.

He gets this huge wagon on him, and his MiR push isn't seeing substantial support. If you're VT and want to save your hide, where do you turn otherwise?

Like yeah, his posts are opportunistic, but Handorin is ALSO gross and it's really his only viable option to prevent himself being lynched.

I'd personally be totally fine offing either, given that Hando is not even being inactive at this point, but is instead obstinately refusing to provide content. He's directly stonewalled requests for explanations on his reads/votes multiple times at this point. Dabuz is at least providing us with content to deal with, even if a lot of it is scattered questions.

Ugh. I think Dabuz is scummy, but Handorin is useless AND scummy.
His reads on Handorin and Dabuz:

2. Handorin - Active refusal to provide content and explain himself does this slot no favors. This is typical of Handorin's play, so I'm doing to defer to Rule #1: Handorin is scum unless proven otherwise.
8. dabuz - I can't really add much to what's been said already. The play has been opportunistic, and did change as it was pressured, as people pointed out, but I don't want to ignore my feeling that TownDabuz might just be in a ****ty spot to deal with. Unless there's sufficient support for Handorin, I'm going to try to ignore my gut here, as most of the players I'm Town-reading are also scum-reading this slot.
He then questions Dabuz about this:

You seem just as unreasonably paranoid about that as Soup was.

Why are you so paranoid about QL's when half of the perpetrators of that lynch either aren't in this game or weren't active at the time?
Then states:

Deadline is tomorrow at midnight, right? Does anyone have some ground-shaking direction to push, or are we just lynching Dabuz?
He then disappears. I think its obvious that by that after all of that he was okay with a Dabuz lynch over Handorin, and then YET he doesn't vote Dabuz until after Gova confirms the slip. I am probably reaching, but I could see Dabuz=Raziek being a possibility. That vote could be a very easy bussing vote.

Uncap: Potassium.

That said, the only question marks for me now are if Potassium did really miss Gova confirming the slip, and this:

This is my way of insinuating that I can see a connection between em. Depending on dabuz' flip will determine whether or not I wanna go back n see. My first thought WAS that they're not aligned, but honestly the hop seems really off base and I can imagine from scumdabuz' POV that going for a lynch on his very inactive partner would be feasible, but I'd wanna look n see how they've handled each other throughout, ya feel me?
You just said that you think Hando=/=Dabuz. I am not seeing Dabuz=Handorin, but re-reading this, that could be a very good point you made there. What made you change your mind?

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth

Why does it not matter?

What should we do about them?

Top Bottom