• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I mean it was kinda obvious to me that he was arguing about soup's intent/point of view based on the line of questions, you were arguing about soup's scumminess.
Where did he make it obvious is what I am asking.
Show me.

I did not see any implications or inferences.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Alright, you've expressed that you don't think dabuz is scummy, but what makes HollowNote a priority over Handorin to you?
Hando is usually inactive and usually standoffish, lynching him for being inactive and standoffish seems stupid. I only dislike the opportunism of his vote. I have no prior interaction with Hollow and his assurance both Hando and Dabunz are town is concerning. I don't like his vote on me either.

Also, can you give me a briefing on your Potato stance?
Still developing but haven't trusted that slot since his entry into the game. Wary it's EnA Potato that looks really townie until he gets real excitable.

@BLS: Get at me on that last line.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
What is the cost of attempting the claim from a town perspective if you're screwed without it? Your death is inevitable. Either you get lynched or get killed and you can at least try to keep it from wasting a town lynch.
I get that I already said its probably one of the reasons why a town cop would do that, but I still think its really unlikely for a town cop to do that in this situation. I specially don't buy it in this situation considering how Dabuz has been playing.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Hando is usually inactive and usually standoffish, lynching him for being inactive and standoffish seems stupid. I only dislike the opportunism of his vote. I have no prior interaction with Hollow and his assurance both Hando and Dabunz are town is concerning. I don't like his vote on me either.

Still developing but haven't trusted that slot since his entry into the game. Wary it's EnA Potato that looks really townie until he gets real excitable.
But Hollow is even more inactive and quite standoffish as well. His only substantial deviation from that is, as you said, his claim on hando and dabuz, which your disdain towards is very understandable.

and okay

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth

@BLS: Get at me on that last line.
I do not remember EnA outside of the struggle to survive PoE at the end and our constant argument with PJB in our QT as we bussed him.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Well then before we kick off the MURDER BUS, let's take a second to think. In the example that Gova posted with the afterlife QT, there was mention of crumbing the results. Has there been any possible indication of Dabuz crumbing at all? We should probably review his pushes and intents through the day just to get some ideas. Especially since we've been given the extra day. If there really isn't much of a clear indication, drop the bomb on him.

Unvote

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
if he was the cop, he would have claimed his results in the same post he claimed

no point in looking for crumbs

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
Comp cop should target some combination of me, MiR, and Kantrip, imo.

Or HollowNote. God knows that's the only way we'll read him.

Kantrip

Kantplay
The last line is exactly why I'm blown away by the preference for a Hando lynch.
I would go Hollow if that had the support, I was under the impression Hando was a more agreed-upon fallback but I agree that Hollow is scummy and needs to be dealt with

Kantrip

Kantplay
Why didn't you back off then if you got these vibes? Why didn't you at least take them into account?
I got them while catching up on what was happening, they literally happened like 5 minutes before making that post.

And then

you just launch

into some

massively mechanical bull****

that has no bearing

based on his dabuz read

what the flying ****

This is so mechanical in its basis. He randomly quips at the beginning he thought dabunz might've been town cop but that seemingly didn't stop him from making comments like this:

based on his read of dabunz. Yet once dabunz claims, he drops everything to propose some mechanical bull**** on how we should handle dabunz that is not at all based on his read nor how other people read him and instead tries to push a vote onto Hando because it's easy. I don't like this at all. It can be completely independent from dabunz's alignment because Potato doesn't have to be his scummate to make a play like this. It's just ****ing gross because as soon as dabunz claims he throws everything out the window to lynch Hando despite the fact that he was massively scumreading the player on the drop of a hat. This is how a scummer would handle this claim.
The thing is.

Anyone who claims cop is going to be incapped.

If they're town, by two scumteams.

If they're scum, by the other scum team.

So toMorrow we can just not uncap him and we don't need to use a lynch to kill him.

It's not mechanical bull****, it's ****ing logical thinking and making scum do our work for us so we have more lynches to use on making sure our LyLo isn't comprised of **** like Hando + Hollow. Why would we waste a lynch on someone who is basically 100% going to be incapped at least once and therefore able to be killed by us just not uncapping them? It's called making the best use of the action economy that this setup provides me. A scum who claims Comp Cop is obviously fishing for CCs, but if we don't CC them they're still 100% dead before LyLo so there is NO REASON to worry about them ASAP when there are 3 other scum to find and inactive slots that need pruning.

I still think dabuz is likely scum, but any scum who claims cop is already a walking corpse. It's an open setup, there aren't any surprises that can happen to us by leaving scum alive. We would only benefit by having the other team incap him and we don't even need to use a lynch.

Seriously it's such basic ****ing logic I am dumbfounded by you guys

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Here's the thing potato.

If Hando isn't scum (or by hilarious plot twist, is Cop), then you're just giving scum a free mislynch on a Townie.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Nvm. I realize it could be CC bait.
What's CC bait.

I specifically said that no one should CC under any circumstances. Sure the claim could be CC bait, but if no one CC's then if he's scum the other scum team will incap him because they can't risk leaving the town CC (on the chance that he is town) alive to get free results. So we can kill him by not uncapping him and save a lynch, and he doesn't get any CC's out of it.

Win-win, easy peazy, really ****ing obvious ****.

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
With a line like that posted, you couldn't pay me enough money to incap a claimed cop under suspicion.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Here's the thing potato.

If Hando isn't scum (or by hilarious plot twist, is Cop), then you're just giving scum a free mislynch on a Townie.
On someone who will still be scummy toMorrow, who we will still likely ****ing lynch toMorrow, on someone we still want gone before LyLo.

We just wasted our lynch on someone who would have been dead toMorrow without us lynching him, since I just noticed all the votes that went back onto dabuz.

Even if he's scum that was stupid

Kantrip

Kantplay
With a line like that posted, you couldn't pay me enough money to incap a claimed cop under suspicion.
And if they're town, they got a free result in the Night and scum who leaves them alive for the WIFOM is screwing themselves over by giving town free information in the form of comp cop results.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
On someone who will still be scummy toMorrow, who we will still likely ****ing lynch toMorrow, on someone we still want gone before LyLo.

We just wasted our lynch on someone who would have been dead toMorrow without us lynching him, since I just noticed all the votes that went back onto dabuz.

Even if he's scum that was stupid
What?

There's no assurance that he will be nightkilled at all, and scum will most likely avoid doing that, since it's expected of them

Top Bottom