• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
There may not be much in the way of connections but there is some stuff, and he is almost universally agreed upon to be grimy this game. It's essentially a fall-back lynch, and I'm open to other suggestions (but I think Hando is a better lynch than Hollow), but we do need to come together to lynch someone
Why is Hando a better lynch than HollowNote? If you don't lynch him today, when are you going to get around to it?

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
Am out for now, but not out for good. I will be out for good when I go to watch the Super Bowl.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Guys, 10-13 pages of stuff since I last looked at this.

Give me some cliff's notes, or anything you feel is important. It'll help me weed through the useless junk so I can concentrate on reads, and help me get reads on you since you pick and choose what to share.
You have me for roughly 30 minutes. I am half of my slot. What is happening at the moment, please give me cliff notes.
>Handorin and Hollownote hop on the MiR wagon with little to no reasoning.

>Dabuz jumps ship from the wagon, claiming it "looks bad" Most of us think the backpedal looks bad, and makes him look more suspicious.

>Dabuz votes Handorin, tries to push his lynch.

>We all agree that Handorin is scummy as hell, but some of us state we'd rather lynch Dabuz first.

>Dabuz claims the reasoning for jumping off the MiR wagon was that he felt better about his slot earlier (we asked him why didn't he just abandoned the wagon before, then) also says he didn't want MiR to get quick lynched.

>Raziek and I question Dabuz about how unreasonable was to think there would be a quick lynch considering the situation and everyone's stances.

>MiR appears, shows dislike for the reasoning behind the Dabuz wagon, despite not completely liking the slot. Specially on the "he accomodate his play according to criticism"

>We tell him Dabuz is most likely doing this out of out of self preservation.

>MiR votes Dabuz, Dabuz hits L-1

>Dabuz claims cop

>We argued about the possibilities of the claim, whether he is telling the truth, and possible outcomes. From this point on its all wifom.

>Garg is pregnant with Armando's baby, but still loves gorf.

>Potassium argues that claiming marks him for death anyway, and makes Handorin a fallback lynch stating scum would be forced to lock their night kill on dabuz, says that if Dabuz survives the night we just kill him D2. He votes Handorin.

>Gorf, Garg, and Scary agree, voting Handorin. Handorin is at L-2 now.

>I ask people to question the intent of the claim, but so far only Potassium has answered that question.

>You two lazy bums appear and ask for a summary.

>I am angry about it, but I am a sucker so I do it anyway.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Yeah, you keep going in circles because it keeps going in circles forever. That's what WIFOM is. That said, can you link me the claim?
Welp, **** this. Feel like I completely screwed town this game, really do, sucks. Potassium and Garg ended up being loud brick walls, I wanted to push and not let my role dictate how I play, maybe I shouldn't have done that...

I'm the cop.

I do legitimately believe Hando is scum, can't blame me for wanting to not only push someone else but get people off my case when i'm the cop. Was hoping MiR -might- be able to pull this wagon elsewhere since no one would listen to me and just really, felt like I was out of options agains the stubbornness of Pot + Garg.
I think it reeks of the self-preservation that has been so consistent with how he has been playing this game.

Like he just throws that out there, why do that at all? The only way I could see a D1 cop who is about to get lynched thinking that a cop claim would help town is that if he somehow correctly assumes that EVERYONE would just go and assume he is telling the truth, which allows him to survive one day and forcing scum to night kill instead of whoever they planned to nightkill. Its a VERY risky play for a town player to do, and I honestly don't see how anyone would think it would work if they were on his shoes. but then its all WIFOM from there on.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Why is Hando a better lynch than HollowNote? If you don't lynch him today, when are you going to get around to it?
For the time being, at least I'm inferring for now, Hollow can serve as a second backup lynch should a situation like this arise again. This is also assuming Hollow's play continues as such as well.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Sorry for taking so long. My main issue with how Dabuz accommodated his play is (like garg has already pointed out) that the intent seems to be more out of self preservation, the one time I actually saw a post of him that I really like was when he made tha tpost explaining why he felt the Soup wagon was bad reading that made me rethink about keeping my vote on BLS for a while ( I still held it for very long cause BLS never got back on me on my questions) I liked this post a lot cause it was the only istance I can remember where Dabuz actually went and did scumhunting and calling out a bad case without anyone telling him to specifically do that. think that was his 603. Will check on later.

Still, what I think its worse in the things we criticized about his play was when he abandoned the wagon, he claimed that he did it because he thought you would have gotten quick lynched and he was already planning on abandoning it before (which he should have just done so then)

http://smashboards.com/threads/fire...n-conquest-day-1.346599/page-27#post-16283449 I made a list with my thoughts on how unlikely a quicklynch was, I wanted to know why he thought that, as I thought it was unreasonable.

He did get back on me on that, but only commented on a few players, and didn't get back on me when I made a follow up question (if he did I missed it, will double check).
Here's the entire problem with this logic: you're saying it's bad to change your play mid-game when it's clearly not the right thing to be doing. This is the same thing I was trying to say by saying his jump off of us wasn't nearly as bad as you ****s think it was. By saying he's scummy for essentially backpedaling or trying to alter his focus, you're not only saying it's bad for him to do it, you're saying it's bad for the whole game to do it and that's not good. I already laid out why the way he treated our wagon wasn't bad and all I got was "he's doing it to be self-preservational".

Hurp durp?

I mean, self-preservational play isn't even inherently scummy because, surprise, no one wants to die! That includes town! You're not gonna see players willingly off themselves and if you are, it has very little to do with their alignment 9/10. As a result, self-preservational play isn't scummy, it's null. You guys are pushing dabunz for null reasons. That's why I didn't want any part of this wagon and seeing as we have an extension now:

unvote

I wanna reread Potatos' magically mechanical bull**** again.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Welp, **** this. Feel like I completely screwed town this game, really do, sucks. Potassium and Garg ended up being loud brick walls, I wanted to push and not let my role dictate how I play, maybe I shouldn't have done that...

I'm the cop.

I do legitimately believe Hando is scum, can't blame me for wanting to not only push someone else but get people off my case when i'm the cop. Was hoping MiR -might- be able to pull this wagon elsewhere since no one would listen to me and just really, felt like I was out of options agains the stubbornness of Pot + Garg.
That said, **** this claim. It makes sense with his play but I'm becoming a firm believer in the "**** all claims" club real quick after LM+Tranq

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Dude when one plays with self preservation in mind it's scummy cuz they're not doing what they can to find the scum and contribute and cooperate, they're simply looking to play and to pass themselves off as okay enough to stay alive. Do you like really not see why playing with self preservation in mind is scummy?

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Dude when one plays with self preservation in mind it's scummy cuz they're not doing what they can to find the scum and contribute and cooperate, they're simply looking to play and to pass themselves off as okay enough to stay alive. Do you like really not see why playing with self preservation in mind is scummy?
I mean if you're a ****in' cop

#HBC | Gorf

O

I mean I guess but like **** you man self preservation is situationally scummy and **** you if you say that it's not scummy here. Like for real.

#HBC | Gorf

I can't believe you're actually telling me you may think about keeping him alive toMorrow if he doesn't come up dead after toNight. You ****ing sicken me.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
O

I mean I guess but like **** you man self preservation is situationally scummy and **** you if you say that it's not scummy here. Like for real.
I'm saying it's not situationally scummy because it's not on a whole scummy--there's reasons for town and scum to do it and I don't believe that you can wholly detect which way it leans without someone massively ****ing up. If you can dig into dabunz's posts and show me that he's lying scum instead of the ****ing cop, I'll forgo every push and every direction I may want to go based on my reread over the night phase and join you on this wagon until he dies. That's how much I doubt you can tell the difference.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Yea, dude, keep it up with the Hurp durp thing. It's not only hilarious but strengthens all your arguments so much.
Yeh dood, keep nitpicking this in particular rather than my actual ****ing argument, real solid counterpoint.

If you wanna be this petty, please continue. If you want me to take you seriously, I'll be waiting.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
I can't believe you're actually telling me you may think about keeping him alive toMorrow if he doesn't come up dead after toNight. You ****ing sicken me.
Honestly I'm half tempted to lynch him because I want to avoid the giant ****ing wifom bomb but that'd be my only reason for lynching him. Get that wagon back and I'll hammer him for you because I doubt I could pull it in a direction I want the game to go at the moment and I really wanna deny Potato.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Yeh dood, keep nitpicking this in particular rather than my actual ****ing argument, real solid counterpoint.

If you wanna be this petty, please continue. If you want me to take you seriously, I'll be waiting.
It's petty to have used that alongside your argument in the first place, and I'm pointing out how unnecessary and dumb it is. If your arguments are so solid, you shouldn't have to throw in a "You're ****ing stupid" here and there.

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
Are you dumb? It's not two mutually exclusive ideas. Town should DEFINITELY have self-preservation in mind.

Plz cop Gorf.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
It's petty to have used that alongside your argument in the first place, and I'm pointing out how unnecessary and dumb it is. If your arguments are so solid, you shouldn't have to throw in a "You're ****ing stupid" here and there.
"Yeh dood let's just nitpick on personality quirks instead of actually responding to points, that's the best way to play mafia!"

please don't do this it's a massive waste of time that we don't have very much of. if you don't like my point, ****ing respond to my point. if you're mad at the fact i said hurp ****ing durp, deal with it, ignore it, and look at the rest of it. there's a bunch of better ways for you to be spending your posts than this

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
Ok, this read list is horrifically subject to change as I haven't read like seven pages, but I am wary of both Gorf and Kantrip. I don't mind Hando atm and would prefer to lynch one of them or HollowNote who we will never lynch otherwise.

That's where I'm leaning at the moment. Talk to me.

#HBC | Gorf

Honestly I'm half tempted to lynch him because I want to avoid the giant ****ing wifom bomb but that'd be my only reason for lynching him. Get that wagon back and I'll hammer him for you because I doubt I could pull it in a direction I want the game to go at the moment and I really wanna deny Potato.
I'm willing to forego my desire to lynch the claimed cop in order to lynch somebody else who the majority of town would lynch. Also, it's cuz he'll ONLY live past toNight if he's scum, since NO SCUM TEAM WANTS TO KEEP A CLAIMED COP ALIVE. The team that dabuz is on if he's scum will incap some arbitrary player, but THERE WILL BE AT LEAST ONE TEAM THAT INCAPS THE CLAIMED COP. This is not WIFOM. This is common mother ****ing sense.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
"Yeh dood let's just nitpick on personality quirks instead of actually responding to points, that's the best way to play mafia!"

please don't do this it's a massive waste of time that we don't have very much of. if you don't like my point, ****ing respond to my point. if you're mad at the fact i said hurp ****ing durp, deal with it, ignore it, and look at the rest of it. there's a bunch of better ways for you to be spending your posts than this
Really bad, unfunny insults= personality quirks
You're not arguing anything other than "dabuz wagon is stupid and you're stupid and he wasn't scummy!"
You have no backing to your claims, other than telling us that we're wrong.

f you can dig into dabunz's posts and show me that he's lying scum instead of the ****ing cop, I'll forgo every push and every direction I may want to go based on my reread over the night phase and join you on this wagon until he dies. That's how much I doubt you can tell the difference.
Alright, quirkqueen, here's an example of dabuz's self-preservation.
Read everything he was asking me, and then turn your attention to this post:
And I've given up on you because you don't seem to understand how his play might have developed from a town POV.
After you actually do that, please tell me how that is genuine of him

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Ok, this read list is horrifically subject to change as I haven't read like seven pages, but I am wary of both Gorf and Kantrip. I don't mind Hando atm and would prefer to lynch one of them or HollowNote who we will never lynch otherwise.

That's where I'm leaning at the moment. Talk to me.
surprise my list is about the same minus gorf

i don't wanna lynch hando because potato is randomly deflecting to it but there's a good shot hando's scum just not with potato

i haven't trusted potato since his entry and he's had various little things that just set me off. his approach to dabunz in these past few pages finally gave me something solid to justify it

wouldn't mind lynching hollownote in general, don't like his approach to us, his vote, nor his adamant knowledge both dabunz and hando are town

#HBC | Gorf

Are you dumb? It's not two mutually exclusive ideas. Town should DEFINITELY have self-preservation in mind.

Plz cop Gorf.
Who should cop me dabuz or the real cop :gova: oh and no playing with self preservation in mind =/= doing what you can to make sure town doesn't ML you. When you roll town, you think I gotta find scum. When you roll scum... You ****ing think I gotta stay alive...

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Really bad, unfunny insults= personality quirks
You're not arguing anything other than "dabuz wagon is stupid and you're stupid and he wasn't scummy!"
You have no backing to your claims, other than telling us that we're wrong.
yes strawman my **** please

At what point did that have to do with insults and at what point did that stop having to do with the fact that self-preservational play isn't scummy but null?

Alright, quirkqueen, here's an example of dabuz's self-preservation.
Read everything he was asking me, and then turn your attention to this post:

After you actually do that, please tell me how that is genuine of him
how the flying **** is that self-preservational?

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
idk in this game if you roll scum you could be like

i gotta find the other scum and look town

anyways reading what ive missed

Top Bottom