• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Lets look at the list of people not voting MiR when he was at L-2

These were not voting MiR at the time:

Gargaglione
Gorf
Potassium
Raziek
ScaryLB59

You
Me

Garg: He voted you after that back and forth between you two, he seems really set on that vote, and considering how he has been playing I don't think its reasonable to think he would just have changed his stance and quick lynch MiR, I don't remember very well what his stance on MiR ws, but I don't recall hearing anything major from him on that.

Gorf: Gorf has been very active through the entire game, trying to read people and scumhunt, do you really think Gorf would have just quicklynched considering his play in the entire phase so far?

Potassium: I could maaaaaybe see why you'd think he would quick lynch considering that weird stance on Gorf he had, but after that he has been playing very well, not jumping the gun on anyone. He even stated that "he is just not seeing it" when walking about MiR as scum.

Raziek: He was in constant catch mode, I could proably see him quick lynching MiR considering how MiR latched onto him beginning of the game, but after catching up and answering those questions I made him he stated he feltbetter about MiR's slot.

Scary: Honestly hard to say if would have done so. Can't really tell since his presence seems a bit minimal compared to the other more active players.

You: No need to explain.

Me: Pretty much my biggest complain on MiR was his weird latching on Raz at the beginning of the game, which kept being brought up by other players, and that he was bickering a lot with BLS.

Don't know man, just seems like a really unreasonable fear to have. Doesn't seem there could have been anyone else that would have jumped on his wagon going by their stances and play.

Garg: Never seen him play before, hard to make a read on him, already said something about him just makes me thinks he's scum so it wouldn't be outside realm of possibility.

Gorf: He was one of the 2 quicklynchers in Luigi's mansion.

Potassium: Eh.

Scary: Yep.

You: I could see the quicklynch considering you found that weird about MiR.

I feel justified in my worry about the quicklynch.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Garg: Never seen him play before, hard to make a read on him, already said something about him just makes me thinks he's scum so it wouldn't be outside realm of possibility.

... He wasn't gonna get quicklynched...
In fact, the fact that he's not lynched is a testimony to the fact that he wasn't because he didn't

get wrecked

Fandangox

Smash Lord

I think you are basing this on meta too much, but I guess I am not seeing tha viewpoing since this is my first game with almost everyone here. What do you make of the fact that no one not in the wagon didn't seem to dislike MiR? Those two things that I disliked about MiR weren't big enough for me to scumread him, or otherwise I would have confronted him harder about that.

Fandangox

Smash Lord
I mean, although I am joking, what I'm saying is kinda true.
If MiR was reeeally going to be quicklynched, he probably would've been quicklynched.
I knew it was a joke, but I don't think that reasoning is entirely accurate. While I agree I don't think he was going to get quick lynched, saying he was not as evidence that he wasn't its a big reach.

Its like witnessing a failed assassination attempt, and declaring that since the target did not die, there was never any intent to kill him in the first place.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
I knew it was a joke, but I don't think that reasoning is entirely accurate. While I agree I don't think he was going to get quick lynched, saying he was not as evidence that he wasn't its a big reach.

Its like witnessing a failed assassination attempt, and declaring that since the target did not die, there was never any intent to kill him in the first place.
Not really. My logic is more along the lines of the fact that, as shown in your list, we didn't have interest in quicklynching him to begin with.
No one else was willing to vote on him for a reason.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
yeah, it seems much like soup, scum seem to repeat similar actions from game to game

soup made for really delicious bait, like a fine minestrone, scum were drawn to his wagon for an easy push

it mirrors marshy's play from scott pilgrim mafia in which he was scum

How is this indicative of alignment? Explain like I'm five.
i guess more elaboration is required; i feel like we're coming to the same conclusions, even though we hardly interact

for example; the gorf/hando scum team, mutual dislike of gorf

if you aren't satisfied then you can put it down as gut; i haven't noticed any problems with his play

You're dodging the question. Reply.
wow, really hostile here for no reason

the last time this happened was when you were scum in LoL mafia asking me if i was gonna be active

also, i didn't even dodge it; it was addressed to the subset of town that was on your wagon or that disliked you and so 4 other people "dodged" it as well

but i don't know what you're expecting, if the reason changed i would have brought it up

So our wagon hits L-2.

The people on our wagon are a replacement player who I feel legitimately doesn't like us and has actually given me enough to know that his reasons for it are solid and not ****, a guy who so grossly misrepresents us that I can't fathom it as anything more than a giant misunderstanding, a guy who I don't even feel scumreads us anymore, a guy who is legitimately skimming and threw it there just because, and then a newbie who launches at us for...stuff.

Then there's all sorts of mumurings in the background about how we're a scumread because of early game stuff, but I don't care as much about those.

Look at our ****ing wagon. We just hit L-2 in a single page and no one bats an eye. This is after the fact that Gorf already called out the people on our wagon and asked why they were still on it. The only one who I don't blame on this all is BLS because BLS hasn't been here (though, knowing Ryker, he's ****ing lurking for some reason). Gova responded to Gorf by throwing the dabuz wagon back in his face. Hollownote just posts a bunch of arbitrary ****. Hando literally skimmed and saw it was the most popular wagon. Everything dabuz posts comes off from the point of view like he doesn't legitimately scumread us anymore and if he has, he hasn't progressed his read in the slightest.

How is this a town-fueled wagon? Why is no one looking here?

We're still a bit out from deadline but the fact that the game seems like there's no significant pushes happening (I haven't seen any significant pushes come out in pages and no one's pushing a read down significantly like they really have anything strong). Yet, despite our wagon seemingly losing steam and players even calling out that fact, two people jump on the wagon for the most bogus ****.

Why are so many people voting us without trying to read us?
yeah, these platitudes will get you nowhere

if your wagon is not a town fueled one, then who on it is scum? why don't you mention that in this post?

also, what do you think of the dabuz wagon? it also hit L-2 without anyone batting an eye

i would venture to say that maybe it is also not a town fueled wagon

but maybe, only wagons that are on you aren't town fueled hmm?

like gorf literally got onto dabuz with the reasoning of LM meta and his play where he isn't scum hunting is scummy

good reasons obv /s but it is a serious point; i dont think ive seen any other reasons

and as you've mentioned; sidelining is scummy so

tell me about this

This is me actively lurking guys thanks for finally getting the dabuz steam going I'm gonna retreat to just chillin again anyone who cares to join grab a chair :cool:
gorf literally gonna get away with murder

oh wow thats a misread again.

ok gova lets just do it this way then what do you make of dabuz mainly making observations
what do you mean

i thought dabuz was asking "safe" questions and thats why people were having problems with him

if he was making observations, people would probably understand better the conclusions he is coming too

please show me what you mean so that i may better answer this

I'm a bit embarrassed by how bad I am at reading what Gova said but that said **** your wording Gova makes me sad and **** being ESL makes me sadder and things.

@the REST OF TOWN: Please read through this post even though it's mainly responses to dabuz because it has valuable information on why he's scum and why we should be lynching him.
yeah, i'm not sure what you're talking about

i only saw you respond to his questions; never giving reasons or explanations as to why he is scum

i think the one thing i saw, dealt with the subjectivity of his "safe" play.

like yeah you said he played "safe" as either alignment but he's playing "safer" here so he must be scum

i just can't accept that

@ Fandangox Fandangox

why are you on the dabuz wagon again

i can't help but feel that every time i've seen you join a wagon, it was using others reasoning and never your own

@Raziek

on your re-read of fandango

let me know what you think of the above

Fandangox

Smash Lord
also, what do you think of the dabuz wagon? it also hit L-2 without anyone batting an eye

i would venture to say that maybe it is also not a town fueled wagon

but maybe, only wagons that are on you aren't town fueled hmm?
That's probably because the wagon on Dabuz has actual susbtance and reasoning behind it as opposed to the last two MiR wagon jumps.

Like seriously what a weird thing to say, I think anyone would be able to tell the difference between the two wagons.

@ Fandangox Fandangox

why are you on the dabuz wagon again

i can't help but feel that every time i've seen you join a wagon, it was using others reasoning and never your own
Every time? I've only been in two wagons, the first one on Soup, which my vote stood on till the entire game until I voted Dabuz.
My reasoning was that I wanted reactions out of him and wanted to get the game going, hell I am pretty sure I was the first one to actually state my reason for joining that RVS wagon.

And on Dabuz I already said why I found him suspicious, when I voted him I elaborated on why I agreed with Potassium in the post I voted Dabuz on.

I decided to finally vote him and stopped waiting on BLS to get back on me cause Dabuz's backpedaling on the wagon was suspicious and pushed me over the vote, I've been questioning him about it on this page and the previous one, regarding why he left the wagon.

Here's my #1010 http://smashboards.com/threads/fire...n-conquest-day-1.346599/page-26#post-16279678. I found potassium's case to be good, and quoted it when making my vote. I don't see what's wrong with that.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
That's probably because the wagon on Dabuz has actual susbtance and reasoning behind it as opposed to the last two MiR wagon jumps.

Like seriously what a weird thing to say, I think anyone would be able to tell the difference between the two wagons.
really, i dont think it's weird

what is this actual substance you speak of

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
The gorf/hando scumteam? Can you elaborate on that?
my reasoning for this comes from the fact that gorf stopped garg from applying pressure to handorin earlier in the game by attributing handorins play to being anti-town and not scummy

like this is a literal cockblock of discussion

that was why the thread got sidetracked into anti-town vs scummy

i dont see why gorf would want to prevent pressure there

@Make it Rain!

what do you think of that too btw

not sure what Potassium's reasoning for it is; but i can agree on the conclusion

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Every time? I've only been in two wagons, the first one on Soup, which my vote stood on till the entire game until I voted Dabuz.
My reasoning was that I wanted reactions out of him and wanted to get the game going, hell I am pretty sure I was the first one to actually state my reason for joining that RVS wagon.

And on Dabuz I already said why I found him suspicious, when I voted him I elaborated on why I agreed with Potassium in the post I voted Dabuz on.

I decided to finally vote him and stopped waiting on BLS to get back on me cause Dabuz's backpedaling on the wagon was suspicious and pushed me over the vote, I've been questioning him about it on this page and the previous one, regarding why he left the wagon.

Here's my #1010 http://smashboards.com/threads/fire...n-conquest-day-1.346599/page-26#post-16279678. I found potassium's case to be good, and quoted it when making my vote. I don't see what's wrong with that.
hmm, i guess you're right

my bad

Fandangox

Smash Lord
my reasoning for this comes from the fact that gorf stopped garg from applying pressure to handorin earlier in the game by attributing handorins play to being anti-town and not scummy

like this is a literal cockblock of discussion

that was why the thread got sidetracked into anti-town vs scummy

i dont see why gorf would want to prevent pressure there

@Make it Rain!

what do you think of that too btw

not sure what Potassium's reasoning for it is; but i can agree on the conclusion
Well that's a good point, but I don't think its nearly enough to make reads on those two as scum reads. Plus he does actually make a point of why anti-town vs scummy play is different, I still think arguing it about it now its kind of a waste of time, we did agree to just leave to post game if it became to that.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
Well that's a good point, but I don't think its nearly enough to make reads on those two as scum reads. Plus he does actually make a point of why anti-town vs scummy play is different, I still think arguing it about it now its kind of a waste of time, we did agree to just leave to post game if it became to that.
there's more to it than that though

i went over it the large post

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
"Well that's a good point, but I don't think its nearly enough to make reads on those two as scum reads."

where i got confused

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
He didn't really stop me.

dabuz just was actually playing substantially and that substance was scummy.

Gorf was right on that Hando had no substance, so dabuz was a priority to me.

Hando has not left my mind.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
i guess, but there was nothing to lose from you trying to pressure hando

so i dont know why he felt to bring it up

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
i guess, but there was nothing to lose from you trying to pressure hando

so i dont know why he felt to bring it up
Hando being really stubborn, along with dabuz being of most suspicion are the reasons I put that aside

If you felt that pressuring him was essential in that moment in time, how come you didn't pressure him? You're as much of a player as me; why wait on me to do things?

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
There are so many subtle nuances in Gorf's play. It's just becoming so tricky to read if you ask me. Really have to evaluate.

I'll openly admit that I was looking to see where you could have gone with the pressure since you already had the ball in your court @ Gargaglione Gargaglione .

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Same goes to you. If you guys apparently felt that it was so important to pressure him at that time, how come you guys just didn't do it yourselves?
Well while I agree with this other people not asking doesn't make trying to stop the pressure any better.

That said though I didn't have a problem with that cause I saw it as Gorf avoiding people lynching Hando on his lack of play when Dabuz was active and was being scummy. Like even back then I didnt have a big problem with Hando cause I just wanted him to get into the game and expand on that readlist.

I don't think anyone would excuse Hando's play now though, since he went from inactive and vague to uncooperative and was avoiding the questions we asked him.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
essential isn't the word that i would use to describe it

it was only implicit i think, but i got into the anti-town/scum conversation to show that there was nothing wrong with your pursuit of handorin

see your quote

You'll never really know if someone is scum or town until their dead. All you can go off of is if theyre playing town or not. So waiting for someone to be like "im deliberating to kill town" isnt ideal, because that ****s not happening. If someone plays badly, that suggests them not being town. So ya
:like: obv

but i guess to answer your original question

im not interested in handorin; because he always plays like this, but that doesn't mean others aren't welcome to try to get something out of him

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
There are so many subtle nuances in Gorf's play. It's just becoming so tricky to read if you ask me. Really have to evaluate.

I'll openly admit that I was looking to see where you could have gone with the pressure since you already had the ball in your court @ Gargaglione Gargaglione .
And my ball was intercepted by sheer stubbornness and the refusal to comply

Top Bottom