• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
cool pic, bro does it come with refutation?

look, here's what happened you asked that question, he ignored it, you asked about it again, he refused to answer it because it wasn't going anywhere, you think it's scummy of him

so far so good yeah?

this quote seems to back that up

before he answered our jab at him

aka this:

this is what i don't like raz for
you don't like raz for that series of posts. why? because you've said it's "mechanical" and "safe" or "non-committal" and "sidelining"

so, his reasoning for dodging that question, which is that there is no point in making a stance because it's gonna be lolidunno/rvs

but then you get on him for refusing to make a pointless stance which came from the question of [why would you start this wagon on soup].

the belows quote shows you doing exactly that; ie he didn't take a stance -> means he's non-committal and sidelining

No, I'm calling you scummy for being non-committal and sidelining in a period of the game where mafia absolutely love to avoid the **** out of taking stances on things actually going on.
He thinks our ire lies completely in the question we asked and his response to it; it's not. Our ire with him lies first and foremost with the fact that he dodged everything going on and then the fact that he dug his heels in the dirt when tried to get him to take a stance. I've seen him cockblock direction out of RVS for the dumbest of reasons before but he at least tried to generate some type of stances out of it. This is different.
turns out it wouldn't have matter though, in a hypothetical, if he had answered your question of [why would you start this wagon on soup] you would have ignored it and still hated his entrance into the game anyways. what's the deal then why you getting on his case for refusing to answer something you were gonna ignore anyways?

For the last time, No. That's not why.

I ignore your response and still hate your initial entrance into the game because it's still why I hate you. What part of "it was the cherry on top of the actual point of my distaste" did you miss?
sooo uhhh yeah if you were just gonna ignore it anyways

what's the below quote about; you call him gross for not taking a stance that you were planning on ignoring

This is all he did in RVS. Despite a budding wagon on Soup, to which Soup was clearly reacting and feedback was being generated from other players (Potato, Fanny, you to a lesser extent, Scary had a couple of posts, Garg), this is how he responds. He doesn't choose to start the game off by looking at things actually going on, he instead chooses to focus on **** he doesn't know about. So, hoping to get him to take something of a stance on anythiing (even if it's just the Soup wagon and why it existed), instead of taking ANY type of stance, he just responds with this:

I'm sorry but that's the grossest way to cap this off. You don't start a game by taking the most non-committal approach to a game you can find and then *****ing when someone calls you out for a stance to something going on around you. That's really bad and that's why we disliked that post so much. It's not because we expected him to have this grandiose reason for us to be doing something, it's that he dug his heels in the dirt on taking an actual stance. It reminds me a little bit of what IR did in D.Gray-Man Mafia hosted way back when, where they started the game of as scum by focusing on then-newbie Bardull instead of other thiings happening in the game.

His more recent posts are better, once he realizes he can't dodge the Soup wagon any longer and is forced to start talking about it, but his early posts are just so bad that it'd be a crime not to highlight them.
also, i'd just like to point raz, wasn't forced to comment on the soup wagon no one asked/forced/coerced him to make all these posts

It's not just you. His words don't match his outward attitude toward the wagon.
Here's my problem with this, Soup.

You're an experienced player. You know pretty much every vote on you is BS.

Do you reaaally think that SWF Town, in a game without Ryker or Marshy, is going to pull a D1 quicklynch?

I just don't understand why YOU of all people are coming across as so panicked about this. If it was HollowNote, or one of the less experienced players, I would understand.
I thought we may've been on to something, Gorf, but I'm coming out of this with a town-lean on Soup after we talked him down. Slight, but it's there.

Reason being is that his concern over the wagon seems that he genuinely doesn't want to see a ML over stupid ****. He's not thinking solely out of self-preservation. If it had been the latter I'd have been more worried, and seeing where his head is at (reads-wise) after the wagon just makes me feel better about it overall.
so at the end of the day raz comes out with a town-lean on soup; which, i think counts as a stance; before you even showed up in thread accusing him

so basically what was the point of that question? seems to me like it served no purpose and as a result there should be no reason to get ants in your pants for him not answering it

funny thing tho, where were you during rvs? nowhere to be found if i recall seems "mechanical" and "safe" and "non-commital" to me.

like yeah, skipping/missing rvs and then joining the soup wagon after progress had been made on it could be taken as "safe" and "mechanical" obv

regardless the question was pointless

your insistence that raziek was non-committal and sidelining is scummy when he got into the discussion on his own

but yeah this stuff bugs me and it's why im voting you

other players should like read this and tell me if they think im wrong on something

or why the soup wagon, i still don't see the emotional aspect of his play as scummy

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
meh, the rvs thing was unclear, after re-reading again, lots of people weren't around; myself included, depending on where you think rvs ends

but i mean thats a safe/mechanical thing to do

thats the point i was tryin to make

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
gova said:
look, here's what happened you asked that question, he ignored it, you asked about it again, he refused to answer it because it wasn't going anywhere, you think it's scummy of him

so far so good yeah?
no you already ****ed up

This has been blown way out of proportion at this point. My read on Raz wasn't based on a damn thing I asked him. I asked him those things to see if he'd at least comment on them but him responding (or in this case not) wouldn't give me a straight-up read, it'd just give me the foundation to start building it on. The entire point of me saying "I didn't like Raz early for these things" was because I wanted to say I didn't like Raz early but his later posts helped me shape up my read. I said at least a few times "His later posts made me feel better about him" but that seemed to get lost in the misfire because people didn't, and still don't, understand the basis of my initial dislike anyway.

So let's clear this up immediately. My initial dislike of Raz is entirely based on this:

I didn't really like his approach to the game for reasons I stated--it seemed noncommittal, mechanical, and safe. That seems to me how scum would want to approach this game as I've seen scum do it multiple times in the past
That's not at all influenced by how he responded to me. It's entirely built from the fact that he opened the game by ignoring everything else he wanted to talk about and instead beelined right for the people he didn't know. That's it. That's RVS scumbait to me. That said, that's a weak ass point to build a case on, especially after the Soup wagon had already gotten well under way, and, as I've been saying, his later posts helped me to feel better about the slot. But that doesn't change the fact that I disliked his initial entrance.

That's all.

or why the soup wagon, i still don't see the emotional aspect of his play as scummy
I'm coming at this full force tomorrow.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
that's not at all influenced by how he responded to me. It's entirely built from the fact that he opened the game by ignoring everything else he wanted to talk about and instead beelined right for the people he didn't know. That's it. That's RVS scumbait to me. That said, that's a weak *** point to build a case on, especially after the Soup wagon had already gotten well under way, and, as I've been saying, his later posts helped me to feel better about the slot. But that doesn't change the fact that I disliked his initial entrance.

That's all.
okay, but i addressed this part too

what does "ignoring everything else he wanted to talk about" even mean? raz hadn't mentioned anything he wanted to talk about so how could he ignore anything ??

yeah and he joined in the discussion of the soup wagon before you even showed up

so what was the point in saying that you didn't like him if by the time you showed up everything had resolved itself

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Town leaning Potassium. At first I was scum lean reading him since he seemed to be asking a lot of safe questions to less active slots which by itself is the kind of content I would expect scum to rely on. Then he got into some Gorf stuff and pushed the slot with a with some good questions. The 3 point case on Gorf and why he's scum leaning Gorf also just makes sense (although the first point, post #107 is reaching, but Potassium even pointed out it's not that big of a deal.) and Potassium came to some conclusions to lead to a scum lean on Gorf, which is understandable based on the content Potassium pointed out. After re-reading some of the stuff Potassium pointed out I can see Potassium's pro-town intent. (BTW, collapse is just a compilation of the Potassium posts which led me to these reads)

@ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf what did you get out of your interaction with soup? What's your read on the slot as of his replacement?
It looked like MiR was getting a wagon rolling on a player whose reaction would give us insight into his alignment. Sounds like the kind of ride I wanna hop onto.
What's your read on Gorf as of this post Raz?
You could have commented on the soup wagon that was gathering steam. Is there a reason you neglected that?
Gorf seriously I'm trying to do what you're asking for right now I just really actually want to know what about Handorin's post meshed with you. Please man don't ****block my attempts to read you.
Gorf is the slot I liked least while reading

Gorf #107 - Don't like that he added "not yet, at least" when saying he didn't see me as scum. Seems like an unnecessary statement to put at the end of the paragraph. It's a back-door that he probably didn't even mean to put in his post, but it comes about as a result of being cautious with your wording to ensure a hard-stance you take can't bite you later. Indicative of scum but it's a very slight tell. Gorf still null but this is of note.

Gorf #128 - Don't like the way he's going about this. Asking soup a very loaded, almost rhetorical question that pertains to calling his actions scummy rather than displaying it to the rest of town. Doesn't read like someone who has the intent to read players to find the scum.

Gorf #147 - Going off of really textbook tells and using mechanical reasoning to pin soup when soup is an emotional player that you can't pin off of his actions because he will do scummy and/or self-preservational things completely counter-intuitive to what he says his agenda is. I feel like Gorf should know this and things are stacking up against Gorf quite a bit here. Scum lean.
Thank you.

My confusion was in the fact that I often use your likes to mean you either agree or you are amused, but in this case it was literally just because you found his post townie. Is that about right?
@HollowNote Hey are you caught up in the game? Can we get some comments on things that have been happening so far? Try to just quote some posts that stand out to you and cite what you think the poster was trying to do and give some reads out if you can.
Oh yeah I'd lynch dabuns, his entrance in the game was a bunch of safe questions and then there was no follow-up.

@ Dabuz Dabuz because quoting singular replies out of a huge post is obnoxious
No, you (and others for that matter) are blowing this Raziek thing way out of proportion. We never intended to spend that much time on what Raziek did, it was simply something that was ugly to us (we even commented about how we did see improvement in how his posts looked later on). As we said, our preferred pressure target is still soup's slot/BLS.
Your later rant about our soup "case" is already elaborated on.
My problem isn't the amount of time you spent on Raziek, it's that when you explained the read, I can't see the logic in how you came to it or even the reasons you approached Raziek in the way you did. I understand what you're saying and i'm presuming continuing this convo will just go around in circles.

1)My vote on MiR was just RVS. I wanted to put pressure on someone other than soup. My question back to you: Why did you wait until now to question this?

2)That doesn't invalidate RVS. He already knew that, and I was reminding him that to see if his attitude would change any bit.

3)No it's not. I wanted to see if soup had anything in mind that wasn't a stupid presumption.

4)It's not really wrong. I'm saying that if he truly wasn't under the pressure of votes that were not under the intention of actually lynching him, he shouldn't be getting all antsy and emotional.

5)Gonna read errthang I missed and get back to you all on this in a bit.
1: I noticed this when I reread. Anyway, I would have expected some follow up on your MiR vote at the time so it seems odd that it was both a RVS vote and a pressure vote with no direction.

2: So more or less it was a way to bait out reactions?

3: Fair enough I guess, but you're still blocking Soup from an attempt to further some thought on his suspicions.

4: Ok.

Let me rub your lil tummy all better then and explain my current stance on that:
My current read on him [soup/BLS] is that he's leaning pretty scum. In retrospect, he seemed more interested in taking away the attention from himself and putting it unto MiR. He initially read sincere to me because from my past experience with him, he's just a whiny baby, and that's what he was doing: whining. That lead me to be ambivalent on whether he was playing scum or just being himself. The actual content of his whining leads me to believe he's actually pretty scummy though
If I missed this, feel free to redirect me to the post(s), but -what- content specifically? You're being vague when you say the actual content of his whining. I remember you stating something about Soup trying to direct the pressure elsewhere but would like specifics.

@ Dabuz Dabuz What do you think of Potassium's case on Gorf?
I summarized my thoughts on the case near the top of this post. Personally I see where Potassium is coming from but it's not enough.

You seem to have a contradiction here. You first state that the possibility was that MiR did this to pressure Raz into the game, but in a later quote in your same post you say the he probably did that to put Raz on a bad spot.

I think it has had the opposite effect, nobody has put pressure on Raz, but people are noticing MiR's posts and calling him out on his play around Raz. I can totally see the MiR Vs Raz being what MiR said it was, getting Raz into the game. I agree that his case on Raz is very weak and his obsession with focusing on him is odd, but to MiR's credit Raz has barely contributed into the game, which is why I assume he is still focusing on him.
It's not a contradiction. Awkwardly pressure is pretty much another way to say put Raziek in a bad spot. The progression of possibility -> probability was just how my thoughts on MiR's approach changed as made that post, I read him more and my null on him developed into a scum read.

Raz hasn't contributed much, that's true, but it could be anyone and MiR's approach would still look the same.

-Agree w/ Potassium. Garg slight town read with that tell of forgetting Gheb was part of IR.

3. Gargaglione- Scum
Oh, this confliction needs be explained.

@ Dabuz Dabuz could you post a full reads list? Try to assign leans to null reads when possible.
I'm posting my reads as I come to them. Also, why would I force myself to assign a lean to a slot if i'm currently null on them? Like ****, there are some slots like Gova with such low content that I can't make a read.

Speaking of which Gova made a few posts right after I typed this. Gonna look at them and see if there anything to say on them.

Dabuz, what's with the fixation on the Garg slot?
I find something I don't like and I start asking questions based off it, what's wrong with that?

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
Dabuz said:
Town leaning Potassium. At first I was scum lean reading him since he seemed to be asking a lot of safe questions to less active slots which by itself is the kind of content I would expect scum to rely on. Then he got into some Gorf stuff and pushed the slot with a with some good questions. The 3 point case on Gorf and why he's scum leaning Gorf also just makes sense (although the first point, post #107 is reaching, but Potassium even pointed out it's not that big of a deal.) and Potassium came to some conclusions to lead to a scum lean on Gorf, which is understandable based on the content Potassium pointed out. After re-reading some of the stuff Potassium pointed out I can see Potassium's pro-town intent. (BTW, collapse is just a compilation of the Potassium posts which led me to these reads)
Yea but like it's ALL weak sauce. He even says it's weak sauce. Tell me what he's doing outside of that. I bet you can't, cuz I know I can't remember either aside from catching Garg's town slip (which isn't a town tell on Kantrip's part btw). It's just enough for you to remember something. Something out of the grain. That's just what they want you to think man.

#HBC | Gorf

Dabuz said:
I summarized my thoughts on the case near the top of this post. Personally I see where Potassium is coming from but it's not enough.
Oh, I thought you were actually gonna hop on it. Carry on with your business.

I feel like Dabuz is encompassing what scum wants to do this particular game. The scumhunting aspect is present in his posts, you can't deny that. But he's sticking his head out just enough to be seen and to make those connections of hunting for people who he actually thinks are scum. scumDabuz =/= scumGarg to me.

HoS: Dabuz

Who is scum aside from Garg?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
If I missed this, feel free to redirect me to the post(s), but -what- content specifically? You're being vague when you say the actual content of his whining. I remember you stating something about Soup trying to direct the pressure elsewhere but would like specifics.
Posts 112 and 129 are primarily demonstrative of soup just waiting on MiR in order to sway attention away from him and ****.
That's where his interest seemed to rest. He just kept waiting on him. The rest of most his content was essentially just complaining.

Do you want me to paint a portrait for you too and do a little dance?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

I feel like Dabuz is encompassing what scum wants to do this particular game. The scumhunting aspect is present in his posts, you can't deny that. But he's sticking his head out just enough to be seen and to make those connections of hunting for people who he actually thinks are scum. scumDabuz =/= scumGarg to me.

MiR, where my vote it.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Posts 112 and 129 are primarily demonstrative of soup just waiting on MiR in order to sway attention away from him and ****.
That's where his interest seemed to rest. He just kept waiting on him. The rest of most his content was essentially just complaining.

Do you want me to paint a portrait for you too and do a little dance?
Don't give me that, you're acting like me asking you to validate something vague is a bad thing. Posts 112 and 129 do prove your point though.

Question, does trying to throw attention to MiR immediately fit into what scum would want to do or would town also want to do that in Soup's position?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash

Actually, what about my play makes you think I could be scum? As far as I can tell, your HoS comes from just how much scum hunting i'm doing?

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Don't give me that, you're acting like me asking you to validate something vague is a bad thing. Posts 112 and 129 do prove your point though.

Question, does trying to throw attention to MiR immediately fit into what scum would want to do or would town also want to do that in Soup's position?
I added that last part because you have a pretty odd fixation on me (which various people have noted)

And it's not about MiR in particular, it's about Soup just wanting people off his ass. MiR was his scapegoat.

#HBC | Gorf

No. Your play is a mirror of Luigi's. Your scum hunting is what is cool about your slot, if anything, but maybe you should read back and actually see, I think every time you've posted I've tried to call your attention and you've kinda just glossed over it I guess.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
I added that last part because you have a pretty odd fixation on me (which various people have noted)

And it's not about MiR in particular, it's about Soup just wanting people off his ***. MiR was his scapegoat.
I find something I don't like and I start asking questions based off it, what's wrong with that?
Anyway, you're in Soup's situation, does trying to throw attention to anyone immediately fit into what scum would want to do or would town also want to do that in Soup's position?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
No. Your play is a mirror of Luigi's. Your scum hunting is what is cool about your slot, if anything, but maybe you should read back and actually see, I think every time you've posted I've tried to call your attention and you've kinda just glossed over it I guess.
Must have missed you calling attention *Shrugs* Can't see everything when reading 100+ posts.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
What? No. That's incredibly null and there's no reason to assume that someone refusing to answer a question is scummy of them because the player was simply fed up with stupid loaded questions.
Christ on a cracker I'm done with this subject. Look at the fifteen posts I've dedicated to the subject if you have questions at this point.

Kantrip

Kantplay
... So you're scared of me? Mkay, who else is scum?
I'm definitely not scared of you, some posts just raise red flags.

I feel confident that dabuns/Hando/Politoed/HollowNote/you hold scum. Probably not all the scum, but definitely some.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Anyway, you're in Soup's situation, does trying to throw attention to anyone immediately fit into what scum would want to do or would town also want to do that in Soup's position?
Because MiR couldn't just come in and retort, because he was absent. When he did come in and said ****, he just reverted to complaining and left.

You done? Hell, you want me to explain what happens to food after you eat it too?

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
You keep saying what happened and why Soup did that. However you're not understanding the intent of my question, what makes it a scum tell and no way a town tell?

Fandangox

Smash Lord

Okay you seem to say his first reason: Gorf's #107 is reaching, which I can agree. You don't comment much on the other two reasons though. His other reason was Gorf's "rhetorical" question on Soup, which I found was a natural reaction to post like the one Soup did. What about Potassium's third reason? Like you say his 3 reasons make sense, but you really don't say a whole much about it aside from stating that his 107 was a reach, which seems to against the point of your post.

It's not a contradiction. Awkwardly pressure is pretty much another way to say put Raziek in a bad spot. The progression of possibility -> probability was just how my thoughts on MiR's approach changed as made that post, I read him more and my null on him developed into a scum read.

Raz hasn't contributed much, that's true, but it could be anyone and MiR's approach would still look the same.
Okay I can see that, I just read it as you stating MiR did it for reactions,a nd then you saying he did it to put him on a bad spot.

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ Dabuz Dabuz - of all players to call null for little content I don't think Gova falls into that category. I don't know about you but I find he's generated a lot of content in this game.

@ Make it Rain! Make it Rain! What do you make of Gova's interaction with you recently? Do you think he's reaching or misrepresenting your actions to make his case? Do you think it's scummy or just wrong?

#HBC | Gorf

I'm definitely not scared of you, some posts just raise red flags.

I feel confident that dabuns/Hando/Politoed/HollowNote/you hold scum. Probably not all the scum, but definitely some.
Wow GREAT assumption Kantrip. I also think I can pick five players that aren't me and say that they hold scum :gova: .

Even if you're scum I gotta give you props on that 537 :joyful:

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Okay you seem to say his first reason: Gorf's #107 is reaching, which I can agree. You don't comment much on the other two reasons though. His other reason was Gorf's "rhetorical" question on Soup, which I found was a natural reaction to post like the one Soup did. What about Potassium's third reason? Like you say his 3 reasons make sense, but you really don't say a whole much about it aside from stating that his 107 was a reach, which seems to against the point of your post.
Well, Potassium's third reason was basically Gorf should know not to read Soup like textbook scum because Soup is an emotional player ie does scummy things when town (although he also does that as scum, it's just Soup play). Potassium is right about this, Gorf has been around long enough to understand Soup's reactions were very much how one would expect Soup to react regardless of meta.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Given that the entire game is completely wrong on this point save for like Garg and maybe Gorf, that.
I will admit now that I didn't really read back for myself and did take Gova's word for how he said things went down because I trusted him as a townread of mine. Before talking to Gova I was saying that I didn't see the case on you. Would you say that what Gova told me (and later used to argue with you) is inaccurate in a scummy way or just a townie misreading you way?

I think this wagon that has formed on you is more valuable than the soup wagon and I kind of want to know who you think is town/scum on it.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
@ Dabuz Dabuz - of all players to call null for little content I don't think Gova falls into that category. I don't know about you but I find he's generated a lot of content in this game.
Gova probably does not fit into that category of little content anymore but I have yet to really read his latest strings of posts. (CPU crashed and I had to clean it out after my big wall and when I came back other people were asking stuff.)

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
You keep saying what happened and why Soup did that. However you're not understanding the intent of my question, what makes it a scum tell and no way a town tell?
Oh dear.
THIS GUY.

It's scum because it's "hey, look over there, isn't that odd? don't look at ME." when there's nothing really going on "over there". There was nothing to look at towards MiR at that moment because he wasn't present and had no content to question substantially. Unless soup is illiterate, he would know himself that MiR didn't really have much content to question and that his accusation was founded off a prospective presumption, which is indeed fluff.

Now, let's do a little step-by-step here for if you didn't get it yet:
Soup is pressured
Soup directs attention at what he knows is fluff
Soup hopes to get people off his back

What was your favorite part of the adventure, Boots?

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
I will admit now that I didn't really read back for myself and did take Gova's word for how he said things went down because I trusted him as a townread of mine. Before talking to Gova I was saying that I didn't see the case on you. Would you say that what Gova told me (and later used to argue with you) is inaccurate in a scummy way or just a townie misreading you way?
I simply think Gova's misreading me because I think he's misunderstood the point for awhile now. The rest of his play outside of this has been not only active from what I remember of Gova but he's interacting with players as well. While scum want to scumhunt, I don't think he's conducting it in a way where there's no holds barred. He went at the Soup wagon and then he turned around and found the guy who started it scummy. That's both sides of the coin this early in the game and I think he's definitely looking everywhere rather than in certain areas for scum. I think he's town for these reasons and my other head was finding mostly townie actions in his post (the rest were null).

I think this wagon that has formed on you is more valuable than the soup wagon and I kind of want to know who you think is town/scum on it.
Town: Gova
Scum: BLS (lotta talk, not a lotta action)
Dabunz: Dabunz (I really don't think I'll ever accurately read the guy).

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
You're hopeless Dora. Absolutely hopeless.

BTW, lately dgames has had a lot of RVS wagons that turned into lynches for no good reason. (Sokr in Luigi's mansion, pretty much the entirery of Day 1 FE, I think Tranquility)

Top Bottom