• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire and Lightning 2: DC Comics vs Pokemon Conquest Game over DC Comics Wins!

Kantrip

Kantplay
I still know nothing about you and what you think are important views. You've done exactly what Soup told me he's weary of you about early on, and NOW is when it's starting to rub me the wrong way. Put yourself out there for me. I wanna know what your stance is on this Soup wagon. Where's your head at? I don't care if you're active or passive, but let me see where your head is at.
I think there was absolutely nothing wrong with the soup wagon forming.

But I think everyone should have checked out when Raziek did. Still being on-board after soup replaced out is whack to me because his reaction totally looks town.

When soup is scum he fakes his exasperated reactions because it fits with his meta. He would not replace out if it was faked because he would still be playing the game and trying to win.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Dabuz/you I guess

Also I'm still wondering this. Can you actually scum hunt? Thanks man
Gorf seriously I'm trying to do what you're asking for right now I just really actually want to know what about Handorin's post meshed with you. Please man don't ****block my attempts to read you.

Kantrip

Kantplay
And don't cockblock my attempts to read Handorin kthx 4 pg bump.
You liking his post (something he 100% would not comment on) is not your attempts to read him. And me asking about you liking said post is not interrupting anything. Don't blow this off because I can't see from what angle you would be possibly liking that post.

Vote: Gorf

Kantrip

Kantplay
Gorf is the slot I liked least while reading

Gorf #107 - Don't like that he added "not yet, at least" when saying he didn't see me as scum. Seems like an unnecessary statement to put at the end of the paragraph. It's a back-door that he probably didn't even mean to put in his post, but it comes about as a result of being cautious with your wording to ensure a hard-stance you take can't bite you later. Indicative of scum but it's a very slight tell. Gorf still null but this is of note.

Gorf #128 - Don't like the way he's going about this. Asking soup a very loaded, almost rhetorical question that pertains to calling his actions scummy rather than displaying it to the rest of town. Doesn't read like someone who has the intent to read players to find the scum.

Gorf #147 - Going off of really textbook tells and using mechanical reasoning to pin soup when soup is an emotional player that you can't pin off of his actions because he will do scummy and/or self-preservational things completely counter-intuitive to what he says his agenda is. I feel like Gorf should know this and things are stacking up against Gorf quite a bit here. Scum lean.

#HBC | Gorf

toastin walrus since 4/20 maaaan
K I guess I can say it since Hando's behind and he probz won't read this before he reads my question.

I liked his post because, from a townHando POV, one that is (likely) behind and is also an ancient, I can very much see him not bothering to be ecstatic about reading a slot that always gets itself into some shiz. As scum I feel like he'd feel forced to take a stance, maybe just leaving out the fact that he didn't bother with a read on it and just saying that he'd later read it and post an opinion. Seems genuine to me, and the question was to clarify the fact that he's behind.

Kantrip

Kantplay
K I guess I can say it since Hando's behind and he probz won't read this before he reads my question.

I liked his post because, from a townHando POV, one that is (likely) behind and is also an ancient, I can very much see him not bothering to be ecstatic about reading a slot that always gets itself into some shiz. As scum I feel like he'd feel forced to take a stance, maybe just leaving out the fact that he didn't bother with a read on it and just saying that he'd later read it and post an opinion. Seems genuine to me, and the question was to clarify the fact that he's behind.
Thank you.

My confusion was in the fact that I often use your likes to mean you either agree or you are amused, but in this case it was literally just because you found his post townie. Is that about right?

Kantrip

Kantplay
@ HollowNote HollowNote Hey are you caught up in the game? Can we get some comments on things that have been happening so far? Try to just quote some posts that stand out to you and cite what you think the poster was trying to do and give some reads out if you can.

#HBC | Gorf

Kantplay said:
Gorf #107 - Don't like that he added "not yet, at least" when saying he didn't see me as scum. Seems like an unnecessary statement to put at the end of the paragraph. It's a back-door that he probably didn't even mean to put in his post, but it comes about as a result of being cautious with your wording to ensure a hard-stance you take can't bite you later. Indicative of scum but it's a very slight tell. Gorf still null but this is of note.
I'll repeat what I said to someone already, the "not yet at least" was to Soup asking if I found you scummy for tip toeing over slots. I said I didn't mind it, not yet at least. It's what you did in Tranquility which is why I get why he thought of it at the time, but it wasn't scummy, at least not at that point. Yea.

Kantplay said:
Gorf #128 - Don't like the way he's going about this. Asking soup a very loaded, almost rhetorical question that pertains to calling his actions scummy rather than displaying it to the rest of town. Doesn't read like someone who has the intent to read players to find the scum.
Oh no that was an actual question. I REALLY wanted to know why he didn't think people should worry about him, it's still super self preservative imo... And plus, I sure displayed it to you didn't I, so it kinda DID work to displaying it to the rest of town.

Kantplay said:
Gorf #147 - Going off of really textbook tells and using mechanical reasoning to pin soup when soup is an emotional player that you can't pin off of his actions because he will do scummy and/or self-preservational things completely counter-intuitive to what he says his agenda is. I feel like Gorf should know this and things are stacking up against Gorf quite a bit here. Scum lean.
You swear. Go ahead and toss that word "mechanical" around there as much as you want, but I calls em as I sees em. The bold completely takes any accountability away from Soup's actions. Idgaf if somebody plays like shiz when they're riled up, he ain't just getting a pass. That's like me coming into a thread toasted, acting scummy as ****, and then saying that I should be excused cuz I was toasted. That's not how things work, what he did and how he did it is scummy. Lemme guess, you're scum reading Make it Rain too aren't ya?

Fandangox

Smash Lord
Its probably because its my first game with everyone here (Except Laundry/Ryker) so I am not seeing this from a Meta viewpoint, but I still find it weird that as town you would just ignore the first actual push of the game because you think its something it usually happens. It was the first relevant thing happening at the game, waiting for another opportunity to chime in just seems weird to me.

Mainly talking about Handorin's post and Gorf's agreeing of said post.

#HBC | Gorf

I don't think it was about intentionally ignoring it. When I think of a Soup interaction, as a DGamer, I think of "emotional overreaction that I gotta really pull myself through to get to the other side that will hurt my head at some point," so it makes sense that he's neglecting to endure the frustration. But I read it as he's going to when he catches up (as he said earlier) tomorrow.

#HBC | Gorf

Didn't Gargaglione just post a post quoting Dabunz? I could've SWORN I just saw it and accidentally ignored it but when I come back it's gone.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh yeah I'd lynch dabuns, his entrance in the game was a bunch of safe questions and then there was no follow-up.

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
The issue is that you state that you agree with your predecessor when, if I recall correctly, his reason for disliking us was the way we handled the Soup wagon/early game. So what is it, do you not see how our views on Raz add up or do you not like how we handled the early game?
That's putting words in our mouths. We made it clear we're talking about your situation with Raz and if you look at this post:

/Replace out

I was gonna make a huge rant-filled post as to why MiR is being a ****** but I'd rather not be like that and I realize that I'm burning myself out in Mafia. I don't want to this make this game more trouble than it's worth as I genuinely just do not want to ****ing deal with this game at all.

I think I'm done for a while after Unlimited ends.
You'll see it is queued right after your posts about Raz and the disagreement over them.

How you handled the early game is mostly null.

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
Also, since you asked so nicely, let's put the time into proving why your slot is scummy, based on your predecessor's actions!

See, now I don't think you ACTUALLY want me to go through and white knight Soup. We could. There's a wonderful tale to be spun of Soup's impulsiveness and emotional play. I think, realistically, this is you doing what I asked you to do and trying to get others to agree with you. If you get them, then we can do this dance and spiral the thread into a huge WIFOM pit about Soup's motivations. Unless you really want my take on Soup's motivations, then just say the word.

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
Oh yeah I'd lynch dabuns, his entrance in the game was a bunch of safe questions and then there was no follow-up.
I was legitimately just telling my hydra head that he looks like Luigi's Mansion where he sits there and does this thing where he tries and obtains a read based on these posts no one else cares about. I was just going to see if he kept doing it or if he gave us more stances this time around.

Top Deck BLS

Ryker|Sephiroth
One more then we're signing off for the night. But first we need to ask some questions.

Fanny, what do you make of Kantrip and Gova.
Raz, I want to take general stock of your surroundings, because I want to like you this game.
Gova, what are we going to do about Handorin and Dabuz this game?
Hollownote when you catch up which should be soon if you value your life. Make sure you give us a stance Gorf, Gova, Our selves and Dabunz.
Gorf, what's your read on Raz?
Kantrip, do you have a read on Fanny yet?

With that we'll be gloriously logging off for the night.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
recruit them into the town brigade if they qualify or lynch em'.

i feel like they'll be in a perpetual state of rajammin; always catchin' up.

lets hope they make themselves easy to read

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Dabunz posted a wall, I skimmed it, **** dabunz.
That wasn't even a wall. I will show you walls this game since that's how I best get out my thoughts.

There are a lot of other people in this game actually saying things though. Why wait on MiR, especially since there's no telling what he may or may not say?
Which I appreciate. I'm alright with being the center of attention I guess but it makes me uneasy regardless. I'm waiting on MiR because I have nothing besides an assumption, and I would to get in his head more and know what he was thinking before I made that call. I'm not intent on making a vote unless I feel somewhat strongly about.
This doesn't really answer Garg's question, he's trying to get the point across of not focusing just on MiR.

Like Garb, I think its Odd that he is focusing on MiR alone, and not Potassium and Gorf whose votes on soup have just as little (i.e none) justification at all, like Gorf himself stated. I was at first thinking of not telling him why I voted for him, cause I knew telling him would defeat the point of my vote.

Also I don't agree with Gorf that he is trying to stop productivity, the only baffling post Soup has done since my vote was saying that he thought it was "unfair" that the wagon was on him.
Hm, good reasoning. Liking the Fando slot after this post since it shows he's looking at this game with a direction.

But you shouldn't really be making outbursts to begin with, with the understanding that the votes on you aren't with the intention of really lynching you.
Question, what's wrong specifically with Soup's outburst? He's generally an emotional player and those type of outbursts are the norm with him.

Everyone speaking to me right now and asking me questions give me a good vibe. I can see Gorf's thought process clearly and whlie he might be scum-reading me it looks townie because the way he is handling me. I also don't mind Fandango/You either, or Gova. I can't say I town-read Gova/You yet but I'm leaning town on Gorf/Garg at the moment, and possibly Fandango once I get a bit more out of him.
Would love a bit more explanation out of this, it's pretty haphazardly thrown reads.

I meant that he shouldn't in the sense that if he were truly not so worried about the votes, he would be able to shrug it off better.

I'm not saying that I don't want reactions to get things from.
You're right that it's a bit contradictory to act like he did and not be worried about votes, but I don't see where that leads you read wise or if what you're pushing him on holds validity.

I agree on soup seeming pretty sincere.
What's your read on him? Why does he read sincere to you and not scum saying the smart thing?

I never said I was okay with it.

I'm saying I think his initial reason for finding a disliking to MiR is fine, but his insistence with it is odd, considering there's not anything else to go on.
The irony here is you are approaching Soup similarly, where you have reason to not like his approach to MiR, yet you're very insistent on it with little else to say about it.

This post ticked me off. Not only is it a chance for Raziek to get into the game (something Ive seen him struggle with before), it is also entirely wrong to say our request has no substance. It forces you to analyze a situation and take a stance on it.
Reasoning for putting Raziek on the spot is because Raziek has trouble getting into games, was MiR's way to help Raziek make a stance. Could be a way to catch Raziek scum if Raziek slips, but it's more likely to awkwardly put pressure on Raziek.

This is all he did in RVS. Despite a budding wagon on Soup, to which Soup was clearly reacting and feedback was being generated from other players (Potato, Fanny, you to a lesser extent, Scary had a couple of posts, Garg), this is how he responds. He doesn't choose to start the game off by looking at things actually going on, he instead chooses to focus on **** he doesn't know about. So, hoping to get him to take something of a stance on anythiing (even if it's just the Soup wagon and why it existed), instead of taking ANY type of stance, he just responds with this:

I'm sorry but that's the grossest way to cap this off. You don't start a game by taking the most non-committal approach to a game you can find and then *****ing when someone calls you out for a stance to something going on around you. That's really bad and that's why we disliked that post so much. It's not because we expected him to have this grandiose reason for us to be doing something, it's that he dug his heels in the dirt on taking an actual stance. It reminds me a little bit of what IR did in D.Gray-Man Mafia hosted way back when, where they started the game of as scum by focusing on then-newbie Bardull instead of other thiings happening in the game.

His more recent posts are better, once he realizes he can't dodge the Soup wagon any longer and is forced to start talking about it, but his early posts are just so bad that it'd be a crime not to highlight them.
And then this explanation comes up, I take it you are scum leaning Raziek based on his earlier posts or are his responses to the Soup wagon enough to give you a good read on Raziek?

/Replace out

I was gonna make a huge rant-filled post as to why MiR is being a ****** but I'd rather not be like that and I realize that I'm burning myself out in Mafia. I don't want to this make this game more trouble than it's worth as I genuinely just do not want to ****ing deal with this game at all.

I think I'm done for a while after Unlimited ends.
:(

Anyway, since Soup is replacing out, guess it's a good time to into my thoughts on him. More or less all of his reactions and responses in the wagon are null to me because Soup did what he always does. He gets emotional and overreacts. In this scenario he was denying the fact that he obviously was overreacting which understandably people find suspicious, even I found myself questioning it first, but it also doesn't make sense as -any- alignment to admit being bothered by a RVS wagon forming on themselves. Soup's explanation that he has trouble working under pressure seemed sincere to me but it doesn't make him seem any townier to me. I can also understand with how much HBC has been going on lately why the votes would bother him. If it was another slot I could comfortably make some sort of gauge or read out of it, but Soup's attitude to this wagon seems very soup-like to me.

before he answered our jab at him

aka this:

this is what i don't like raz for
(post 293 BTW)

I was gonna reread early Raziek to maybe get a better vibe of what you're thinking, but really it just seems unsubstantial to me. Like you're really just trying to find something about Raziek to cling to yet can't so you act like some early simple posts are huge red flags part of a scum plan. Sure Raziek could be scum, but those posts don't show it.

Handorin at least voted somewhere, but he's made like three posts and I've yet to see him really get his head into the game. Don't know if he ever will, but I've played maybe one game with Hando, so I don't know what to expect of him. Scary's got like 5 or 6 and he's at least trying to feel slots out. His first couple of posts were jokey but his third one contained a vote, RVS or not, from what I remember of his early posts this hasn't changed.

Dabunz posted a wall, I skimmed it, **** dabunz.
So is your plan this game just to find the lowest content producing players and try to pull content out of them?

Are you caught up Potassium? What's your take on Raz vs MiR? Soup's slot reaction of the wagon?
Kind of liking these posts, hope Fando keeps making them. He's trying to prod people to get somewhere and get himself into the game more.

Also, since you asked so nicely, let's put the time into proving why your slot is scummy, based on your predecessor's actions!

It was weird how he jumped on that vote when there were a lot worse votes out there.

This is a post of soup that's part of a larger category of his posts where people just spend time explaining to him why wagons exist. It reeks and develops into barely anything. Like the one below here.

------------
+

And these post is a category of posts which show his adamant sticking to MiR as a way to advance the game, when there was so much content out there. It, once again, reeks.

Because for how long I talked about my Raz read (after inquiry), too much time was spent on it. My main focus was always you. I made a few mentions that your slot is the one I find scummiest. These posts kinda highlight why we find him particularly scummy. His insistence that he wasn't being pressured despite being so clearly defensive to an RVS case suggests a guilty conscious and the fact the continues to deny it despite how transparently agitated he is is not good in this instance. The fact he continued to throw our name in the dirt yet not put his money where his mouth is and vote us is odd. His play was not townie, contrary to Raz's ****, and him having a moment of trying to read people in a game where scum actually have a motive to hunt scum means little to me.
If either MiR or Soup/ Soup's replacement are scum, they are def. not on the same scumteam. Thing that bothers me about this case is MiR brings all this stuff up now that Soup replaced it, which makes the replacement player (BLS) have to try and analyze the previous player of his slot which is difficult and leads into wifom. The basis of this case is also a bit WIFOMy in that MiR makes a few points about Soup's play but doesn't have any conclusions about them or why it's scummy. Notice how if you remove the quotes, his case is actually very small and vague.

Not liking MiR, his entire thing on Raziek just doesn't seem well thought out. In fact it looks like something scum would do. (Finding a reason to latch onto Raziek that isn't good. Purposely asking Raziek a question that is likely to put Raziek in a bad spot.) Then there's his case on Soup which I explained my dislike of quite literally above this segment.

Vote: MiR

Liking Fandango, while he hasn't made a substantial amounts of posts, his posts like the two I quoted are just very nice posts, my strongest town read atm.

Something about Garg is just, bothering me. Going to reread him right now to figure out what's bothering me about him or if it's bad gut. BTW Garg, when you see this, answer my questions please.

Dabuz

Fraud at Smash
Wow, we didn't have to even be a page in for you to begin whining.

Vote: Make it Rain!
Post #66 (i think)

Why the vote on MiR?

I believe people are voting you to get things started. No one has anymore justification for voting you than Fandagox, so I don't see why you're picking at him in particular.
Post 120

IDK why Garg would say this...it invalidates the early game RVS, or at least it should.

Yea, but what exactly do you expect from his response?
I feel like this is just anti-town considering if Soup says what he's looking for, then his plan is ruined.

That seems like sensible reasoning.

What's odd about it is that he seems to be waiting exclusively on him and expects it to be his saving grace or something

He could be just playing with what's actually here rather than saving himself for a prospect
Fair enough, looking at it again this is a good piece of explanation from Garg.

But you shouldn't really be making outbursts to begin with, with the understanding that the votes on you aren't with the intention of really lynching you.
This however is wrong, for Soup he's an emotional player so he makes outbursts anyway. Even then outbursts help develop reads for town to find scum.

As I said before, I think his reason behind it is pretty sensible, but the extent to it is pretty bizarre, considering MiR hasn't done so much.
What was your opinion (and what is atm) your opinion of MiR at this moment?

While that can change depending on answers to my question, i'm putting Garg in my null scum pile. Things like telling Soup he shouldn't have an outburst and asking him what he's looking for from WiR just hurt town discussion. His unexplained vote on MiR (which didn't look RVS but IDK yet) just looks weird. Outside of that I just don't see anything in his posts that make me think he's truly looking for scum, he did pressure Soup but I don't think he gained conclusions from it.

Fandangox

Smash Lord

See, now I don't think you ACTUALLY want me to go through and white knight Soup. We could. There's a wonderful tale to be spun of Soup's impulsiveness and emotional play. I think, realistically, this is you doing what I asked you to do and trying to get others to agree with you. If you get them, then we can do this dance and spiral the thread into a huge WIFOM pit about Soup's motivations. Unless you really want my take on Soup's motivations, then just say the word.
I want your take on Soup's motivations please, and add some fries to that.

One more then we're signing off for the night. But first we need to ask some questions.

Well yeah, but I don't want people to use me as a scapegoat honestly. It's so easy to get on this wagon right now and what's worse is that I shouldn't be the one having to think about all that. People should be here analyzing what they think of the wagon, let alone me.
To which Gorf responded:

WOW.

Umm...

So people should be here to analyze this wagon and whatnot... But it just shouldn't be on you. Well why the **** not?
Seems like the most natural response one would have to a post like that. Hell I had the exact same response to that post too.

So in conclusion: I like how Potassium entered the game, but I find his case on Gorf to not lack any weight and seems suspicious to me.

On Gova. I mostly seeing him as null, leaning on the Town side. He has had a presence through the game, asking questions to other players. That said, looking back, he is the only active player that has not voted yet.

@ Gova Gova What's your current view of the game overall? What do you make of Potassium's case on Gorf? BLS's case on MiR?

Also Dabuz's post made me notice something about Glarg

I meant that he shouldn't in the sense that if he were truly not so worried about the votes, he would be able to shrug it off better.

I'm not saying that I don't want reactions to get things from.
I agree on soup seeming pretty sincere.
These two seem like a contradiction. Which one is it, was he sincere, or not?

Also @ Make it Rain! Make it Rain! Now that dabuz has entered the game can you tell me what you think of his play? Since you didn't answer last time I asked :v

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
That's putting words in our mouths. We made it clear we're talking about your situation with Raz and if you look at this post:

You'll see it is queued right after your posts about Raz and the disagreement over them.

How you handled the early game is mostly null.
Aight, youre still not elaborating, which was the point of that post string.

That's not the point. We're showing where we are right now. I don't want you to defend these points, I want others to see these points and I want you to understand where our head is w.r.t your slot.

@ Top Deck BLS Top Deck BLS @Ryker @Sephiroths Masamune
@Raziek @ #HBC | Gorf #HBC | Gorf
What do you guys think of Kantrip?

@ Dabuz Dabuz because quoting singular replies out of a huge post is obnoxious
No, you (and others for that matter) are blowing this Raziek thing way out of proportion. We never intended to spend that much time on what Raziek did, it was simply something that was ugly to us (we even commented about how we did see improvement in how his posts looked later on). As we said, our preferred pressure target is still soup's slot/BLS.
Your later rant about our soup "case" is already elaborated on.

Alex if you read this skype me.

Make it Rain!

Xonar|WashedLaundry
Sorry I want to talk with Alex about DAbunz before commenting on what "we" think. I think the way he comments/takes stances and asks questions is very safe but that's mainly because it's largely catch-up. If he played more in the real-time and had a LINE of questioning instead of individual comments then I'd be less concerned, but these are all single MSTs and never does he chain his traps or quick-plays. top deck mind control HMU!!!

Anyway, I think Alex has some meta on him sooo I'd like to talk with him about it.

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Question, what's wrong specifically with Soup's outburst? He's generally an emotional player and those type of outbursts are the norm with him.

You're right that it's a bit contradictory to act like he did and not be worried about votes, but I don't see where that leads you read wise or if what you're pushing him on holds validity.

What's your read on him? Why does he read sincere to you and not scum saying the smart thing?

The irony here is you are approaching Soup similarly, where you have reason to not like his approach to MiR, yet you're very insistent on it with little else to say about it.

Something about Garg is just, bothering me. Going to reread him right now to figure out what's bothering me about him or if it's bad gut. BTW Garg, when you see this, answer my questions please.
Let me rub your lil tummy all better then and explain my current stance on that:
My current read on him [soup/BLS] is that he's leaning pretty scum. In retrospect, he seemed more interested in taking away the attention from himself and putting it unto MiR. He initially read sincere to me because from my past experience with him, he's just a whiny baby, and that's what he was doing: whining. That lead me to be ambivalent on whether he was playing scum or just being himself. The actual content of his whining leads me to believe he's actually pretty scummy though

Gargaglione

Smash Lord
Post #66 (i think)

1) Why the vote on MiR?

Post 120

2)IDK why Garg would say this...it invalidates the early game RVS, or at least it should.

3)I feel like this is just anti-town considering if Soup says what he's looking for, then his plan is ruined.

4)This however is wrong, for Soup he's an emotional player so he makes outbursts anyway. Even then outbursts help develop reads for town to find scum.

5)What was your opinion (and what is atm) your opinion of MiR at this moment?

While that can change depending on answers to my question, i'm putting Garg in my null scum pile. Things like telling Soup he shouldn't have an outburst and asking him what he's looking for from WiR just hurt town discussion. His unexplained vote on MiR (which didn't look RVS but IDK yet) just looks weird. Outside of that I just don't see anything in his posts that make me think he's truly looking for scum, he did pressure Soup but I don't think he gained conclusions from it.
1)My vote on MiR was just RVS. I wanted to put pressure on someone other than soup. My question back to you: Why did you wait until now to question this?

2)That doesn't invalidate RVS. He already knew that, and I was reminding him that to see if his attitude would change any bit.

3)No it's not. I wanted to see if soup had anything in mind that wasn't a stupid presumption.

4)It's not really wrong. I'm saying that if he truly wasn't under the pressure of votes that were not under the intention of actually lynching him, he shouldn't be getting all antsy and emotional.

5)Gonna read errthang I missed and get back to you all on this in a bit.

Top Bottom