• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fino's Trip through the Midwest Circuit Championships

D

Deleted member

If you like to "play" your oponents then go "play" Metaknight. Olimar is built for camping. You played him all wrong. You have good timing but that was not the correct way to play vs pika. Need to abuse your yellow pikmin throw so much more. Oh.. and plz learn how to DI out of Pikas up smash... thats just kinda sad =/
You sir, are really dumb.
"You played him all wrong"
You can play a character however you want if it works. BE CREATIVE!
You cant be a successful smasher if you just do exactly what everyone else does.

asob4

Smash Champion
when did killerSOS become me of old?
camping won't work vs ANTHER
it's ****ing ANTHER
ANTHER
!!!

Cook

Smash Master
Fino, while I don't think that you necessarily needed to camp more against Anther, I do think that you're too offensive lots of times. Like, it just doesn't work in a lot of matchups, like against G&W for instance. I think that if you did focus on being able to play a more defensive game then you would get better. Like someone else said, switching back and forth is good. Not that I'm pro or anything, just sayin'.

And pivot grab moar.

asob4

Smash Champion
well i am pro (cause i say so) and i say that you should play how you want
you play similar to me (from what i could tell from wifi ha) and you should play defensive when you have to and aggressive when you have to
<333

DZLE

Smash Master
You sir, are really dumb.
"You played him all wrong"
You can play a character however you want if it works. BE CREATIVE!
You cant be a successful smasher if you just do exactly what everyone else does.
Backing up this imput:
Look at Razer's snake. Do you see snakes play like him? Wiichuck and using pretty much only explosives INCREDIBLY EFFICTIVELY til high % then using un-decay'd tilts to KO?
Show me another Snake that plays Identical to Razer. you wont.

Fino, your FTW. Got your back all the way.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Backing up this imput:
Look at Razer's snake. Do you see snakes play like him? Wiichuck and using pretty much only explosives INCREDIBLY EFFICTIVELY til high % then using un-decay'd tilts to KO?
Show me another Snake that plays Identical to Razer. you wont.

Fino, your FTW. Got your back all the way.
I am not saying there is a "cookie cutter" way of playing Oli but there are some guidelines you have to follow...

Fino

Smash Master
:D I feel the love of everyone backing me up... kinda ^^;

I agree, defensive play should be implemented more in the times where I rush in :D
I'll work on the stuff you guys mentioned... thanks guys <33
Pivot grab moar son!

~Fino

DZLE

Smash Master
:D I feel the love of everyone backing me up... kinda ^^;

I agree, defensive play should be implemented more in the times where I rush in :D
I'll work on the stuff you guys mentioned... thanks guys <33
Pivot grab moar son!

~Fino
I would die for you. XD

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Other than the fact they are not hate comments?
Sorry, looking back, it was only the other guy who was talking ****. You were just typing in an absolute tone that came off as, to me, as "your dumb, do it like this". My bad.

You were still saying wrong stuff though, with these required guidelines to follow and all :p

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
Sorry, looking back, it was only the other guy who was talking ****. You were just typing in an absolute tone that came off as, to me, as "your dumb, do it like this". My bad.

You were still saying wrong stuff though, with these required guidelines to follow and all :p
Eh my bad too.

But I was not really saying required or that was not exactly what I was trying to say.

Just a good place to start I guess.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
Play Olimar in the middle, between camping and attacking. take them by surprise.
I didn't read the drama/rage.

Faithkeeper

Smash Lord

*For whatever reason I thought I could usmash through the platform... and it took me a LONG time to figure out I couldn't XD - the stage isn't legal in my area so I didn't know lulz.

~Fino
You can. But you were rather unlucky, if you take a closer look at the video, every single itme you would have hit kirby with the upsmash, (a couple you were off a little and didn't hit because kirby wasn't in the hitbox) you used a purple pikmin. These have less verticle range and thus cannot go through, I believe all others can. (i was doing it last night in friendlies, the others all seemed good, but i haven't "tested it")

So it is not olimar's fault but the particular pikmin you used, I figured you'd want to know.

Btw, hello Olimar Boards.

Top Bottom