• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FinOlimar Q&A Thread! (Check OP before posting)

Cook

Smash Master
What I hate is when the chain is pretty much touching the ledge, but then it goes all limp and the pikmin are all like "**** you, you ****ing piece of ****, we don't want to save you!" and then you die. Yep, that sucks.

BlackWaltzX

Smash Lord
What I hate is when the chain is pretty much touching the ledge, but then it goes all limp and the pikmin are all like "**** you, you ****ing piece of ****, we don't want to save you!" and then you die. Yep, that sucks.
Tether limit of 3.

Dyyne

Smash Ace

You can only tether the ledge 3 times before landing back on stage, though... that is something more of general knowledge of all tethers... not quite worth adding to the OP ^^;

~Fino
Oh lawl, that's what he was talking about. Reading it, I thought he meant 3 pikmin. Stupid me!

asob4

Smash Champion
uhhh.... uh uh uh
he has none >.>

i guess WAC is a useful thing to learn
tether hogging is quite useful

and uh just know your line i guess

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Random stuff bout Weegee.
-Pivotgrabs beat Luigi. Abuse them.
-His aerials come out too fast to punish with an aerial of your own, so don't try it. Unless it's an upair of course.
-Try to combo more vertically against Luigi cuz he's not too great from below. (Use the standard dthrow->upsmash->upair stuff)
-Also, he doesn't have much range, so if you can space yourself really well then dthrow->fair (at 0%)->regrab works.
-It's important to recognize that he has miserable aerial maneuverability. You'll see that if he's in the air falling, it'll be easier to see where he'll land. Stuff like that. You've got to punish those landings.
-His jab game is incredible. Don't try to beat him up real close. Roll away or somethin to get out of there if you're caught in a shield/spotdodge "battle".
-You can't shieldgrab a nair->jab approach if Luigi does it correctly. Something to keep in mind.
-throw pikmin at the side-b recovery.
-Pivotgrab the tornado. Pretty much pivotgrab all of his stuff.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
I feel like it may not be a good idea to pikmin toss at relatively closer range just because he can capitalize on it with tornado pretty easily.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
Random stuff bout Weegee.
-Pivotgrabs beat Luigi. Abuse them.
-His aerials come out too fast to punish with an aerial of your own, so don't try it. Unless it's an upair of course.
-Try to combo more vertically against Luigi cuz he's not too great from below. (Use the standard dthrow->upsmash->upair stuff)
-Also, he doesn't have much range, so if you can space yourself really well then dthrow->fair (at 0%)->regrab works.
-It's important to recognize that he has miserable aerial maneuverability. You'll see that if he's in the air falling, it'll be easier to see where he'll land. Stuff like that. You've got to punish those landings.
-His jab game is incredible. Don't try to beat him up real close. Roll away or somethin to get out of there if you're caught in a shield/spotdodge "battle".
-You can't shieldgrab a nair->jab approach if Luigi does it correctly. Something to keep in mind.
-throw pikmin at the side-b recovery.
-Pivotgrab the tornado. Pretty much pivotgrab all of his stuff.
also I to make sure I dont get up smashed by an olimar, I use luigis nair because it goes right through the smash, it also kills pretty well, I use alot of characters

Cook

Smash Master
Yeah, don't let Luigi jab you or you'll get shoryuukened and die at like 70%. :(
I tend to do a lot of grounded pikmin tossing if he is at mid-range so that I have time to get my shield up if he tornados.
I actually don't recommend pivot grabbing the tornado all the time, because if he does it too close to you you'll still get hit (stupid lack of grab armor).
I like to just shield the tornado; it has enough lag to let you have a free d-smash or grab.
Up-air is so good.
If the Luigi doesn't jump you can regrab him out of d-throw a few times; I like d-throw>regrab>d-throw>f-air/n-air at low percentages.
I dunno if it's just because the Luigi I play against expects me to n-air or what, but I find that d-air works better than n-air if I'm being juggled; n-air just trades hits whenever I do it...
Seriously, don't let him jab you.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Are you sure you can't grab him right before he hits the ground?
If he spaces it well, he can jab during Olimar's grab animation and hit Olimar before the grabbox comes out. Think Peach.

Isorropia

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen it talked about anywhere, but I could be wrong...anyway. When trying to WAC through an opponents usmash as I fall to the ground with olimar for sexy fun time, I've found that if I was fastfalling as I whistle through their attack, my pikmin will be desynced from me and any dsmash or usmash I try on landing goes out empty. Is there a way around this, or do I just have to not fastfall when doing this?

Fino

Smash Master
I haven't seen it talked about anywhere, but I could be wrong...anyway. When trying to WAC through an opponents usmash as I fall to the ground with olimar for sexy fun time, I've found that if I was fastfalling as I whistle through their attack, my pikmin will be desynced from me and any dsmash or usmash I try on landing goes out empty. Is there a way around this, or do I just have to not fastfall when doing this?
I haven't noticed this personally. What you might try is not fast falling the whistle, and do a nair into d/usmash. You get more bang for your buck. ;)

~Fino

Cook

Smash Master
I was just noticing this today when I would WAC Marth's up-smash... it was annoying...

Rinehart

Smash Journeyman
I have a question and this been going on in my head. Do yellow pikmin actually have the ability to stun? .__.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
They have more hitstun than the other pikmin, not stun as in render-the-opponent-paralyzed stun.

DarkPikmin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
zDecoy
I do believe they have slightly more hitstun than the other pikmin but no they cannot stun like ZSS does.

kirbywizard

Smash Hero
3DS FC
0989-1847-5768
I need help vsing a good marth, I can only keep up the camping for so long till the marth player finds a way to get close enough anytime he wants. That sword range isnt helping and then the marth player usually starts learning how to dodge most of my grabs and smashes, the pikmin bait dosent work to well, some good tips would be helpful, I just hate vsing marth players, a good one can set me up for an easy spike :urg:

asob4

Smash Champion
WAC moar??
camping doesn't work too well vs him
just gotta use smart pivot grabs and hope for the best.

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Any more matchup questions should be asked in the Matchup Thead.

That's what it's for :D
Actually, I think the matchup thread should be for discussing matchups in order to obtain ratios, not asking for help. Although it isn't updated anymore, so I guess you can do whatever you want in it now :p

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
I can't find it other than a reference to the chart in this thread's OP.

Does stage really affect the colour Oli is most likely to pluck?

MdrnDayMercutio

Smash Champion
Also, think about which pikmin **** the character you're fighting. I recommend you look at hilt's chart and learn at least 1 stage for each pikmin color. For instance, purples and yellows are good against marth, which is why I CP marth's to frigate - even though frigate has this ora around it of a bad oli stage I usually two stock marths there.
Than what's this about?

Dyyne

Smash Ace
Yes stage effects the colors. There's a thread that's stickied about it lawl...

Top Bottom