• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finishing Move?

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
When playing Peach, what do you like to do when your opponent reaches that 90% and up mark? My personal favorite is a grab + forward throw. A finishing for edgeguarding is usually a short hop float with a fair to get rid of them (or nair if they have more than 130%). What do you guys do?

stupidretardster

Smash Cadet
Fthrow followed by float an inch above the ground and Bair to edge guard, its more effective than Fair IMO because it has better priority and range and cancels out most recovery moves like DK and Bowser's UP B that fair wont.

Although Fwd throw doesnt work well on people who DI well so float canceled Fair/ Bair followed by Bair edge guarding.

C-Bomb

Smash Apprentice
usually fthrow to a good edgeguard works well on fast fallers. by edgeguard i mean you float out and bair him, or throw a well placed turnip. against non fast fallers.. well i guess its the same thing :)

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I can't think of anything better than the F-throw to b-air, unless that is your opponent is floaty like jiggly, and can come in from high above the stage, then b-air will not do. What you will want to do to have the reach, is farm turnips and hope for something good, keep tossing them as close to your opponent as possible, hopefully between dodges they will fall straight into your n-air.

Depending on the character, you can surprise them with a swift b-air to get them over the edge, and an autofloat onto the edge to hog it will do just fine.

That's about all I have, some people say that you can spike people using dsmash right on top of the edge when people are trying to recover from beneath the stage, anyone have any proof of this working?

F8AL

Banned via Warnings
I would just forward throw them then short hop backwards onto the edge to edgehog them because the throw would send them very far or KO them.

Jake13

Smash Lord
If they're floaty, then just a float cancelled fair (if the shield, then grab) and if they're a fast faller, then upthrow to nair.

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
my freind used to always try to finsih with an uair till he discovered the fthrow....but id say fthrow folllowed by a good choice of edge gaurd move depending on the foe and the kill is sealed provided u keep them off...the fthrow is killer and imo over powered

stupidretardster

Smash Cadet
Fair beats those moves, work on the spacing.
Fair adv
- Looks flashy and is fun to use
- Higher knockback, good on floatier characters where bair/ turnips don't edge guard properly.
(thats all i got right now... i might have missed some)
- More % done to the opponent

Bair adv
- Very easy to hit with because of its large hitbox
- High priority over recovery attacks, pretty much stopping any low route to recovery
- Less start up lag than fair
- You can go straight into an edge hog because you are facing the ledge
- It comes out faster because you don't need to take into consideration for spacing
- Allows you to edgeguard attacks that is impossible for fair to do without exceptional timing e.g. fox's across B and pikachu's UP B
- Pro's generally use it in tournaments, which says something

turnip adv
- Kills fastfallers esp. fox and falco's while charging the UP B
- hits opponents at angles Instant float Bair and Fair cannot reach
- Hits opponents and distances Instant float Bair and Fair cannot reach
- Ya might get the STITCHFACE!!! XD

I don't see how fair works better in most situations....
If Im wrong please explain...

Epsilon52

Smash Champion
fair has a sweetspot and cant be launched as fast as bair or recovered from as fast. ofourse turnip always fi their over...bair beats fair for keeping them off but if they are at high dmg in midfeild the by all measn fthrow ,upsmash, and fair

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
I used to be a Bair kinda guy, but FC fairs are too good, and they look cool so why not do em... i would also say it's more effective because you can stay out of harms way until the sweetspot comes out, and with even decent timing and spacing, you can hit any recovery and not get touched

metroidmania

Smash Cadet
...some people say that you can spike people using dsmash right on top of the edge when people are trying to recover from beneath the stage, anyone have any proof of this working?
Really, I didn't know. I did know that the dTILT rather than dsmash works this way. You get right on the VERY edge, and while the opponent is coming up, you dtilt them. It destroys them as fast as Falco's spike would, and it's FUN. I've only done it to Samus.

Also, I use f-air for edgeguarding when I need a high knockback, but b-air is quicker and has a high priority, that's true.

Sargent_Peach

Smash Journeyman
the dsmash will hit them when they are trying to get back but its not necessarily a spike cause you cant meteor cancel it, but you can tech it.

this is a great video illustrating a ganon teching peach's dsmash, uh.. i got it from renths crew vids, its not mine
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4poVTcCuEI
it happens throughout the whole vid, but the best is around the 2min 17sec part.

LessThanThree

Smash Journeyman
yes, it's a semi-spike/metoer, so ehh... not a great choice unless you are playin a total noob, but then it's just hilarious... Dsmash dsmash dsmash!!!!

klastic

Smash Rookie
I didn't know that down tilt spiked until I accidentally hit my friend (ganon) with it the other day.

Bailey

Smash Hero
Yea because the F-Air can be DIed way more I don't know why it doesn't look that way but the N-Air is better then the F-Air in all catogories.

stupidretardster

Smash Cadet
Um... no its not. At lower percentages Fair causes higher knockback and can't be punished. Its also easier to float and Fast Fall into it. Nair is more versitile though and can be used in more situations.

PeachFx

Smash Rookie
I can't time the FAir so..it's throw -> Ground float BAir..plus my friends hate it when they get killed by Peach's unkillable butt. =)

Top Bottom