• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally!

MrMoney

Smash Apprentice
Ever since March 9th, the day i got Brawl. My brother always beats me no matter who i pick with his Ike. Finally, just today, after long practices I beat him with my Wario. We played another match and a beat him agian.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
hmm this isnt worth posting but good job...

wario is like a counter pick to ike dude, you should have already been winning but clearly your brother is better than you. spam short hop dair against ike and jam him up, i three stock almost every ike i play

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
lol well dont give up on wario man....listen...learn how to short hop down air really well....you kno the screw attack. time this right and use it a lot, and from there you will learn everything else. the down air is the fundamental attack for wario, without it he is nothing...

MrMoney

Smash Apprentice
lol well dont give up on wario man....listen...learn how to short hop down air really well....you kno the screw attack. time this right and use it a lot, and from there you will learn everything else. the down air is the fundamental attack for wario, without it he is nothing...
ok ill use that alot

OmegaWeapon

Smash Apprentice
Abe's right about the d-air attack dude. This attack just seems to work thanks to Wario's insane movement in midair. Hopefully you're also using your bike as well, not just for attacks and making yourself look like a badass by eating it (Not really), but using it for recovery by leaping off of it in midair upon being smacked off the stage. He gets some serious air from that which can lead into another one of Wario's godly aerial assaults. Some people i've spoken with seem to overlook that quality of the bike, and i'll admit, i did when i played Wario for the first day or so.

That bike just seems to be too important for him IMO, but w/ enough practice, you'll be dancing around almost any Ike player.

cyclops4ever

Smash Apprentice
that down a in the air isnt all that great in my opinion. it works, and its nice but to use it that much....no. i'd say no. i haven't heard many people say it but, if you are the kind of fighter who wants to space themselves, i'd go for the back a in the air...its slow but strong enough to keep them at bay shielding or not if used correctly. but its your wario do with him as you please.lol good job on winning.

Samus_ABe

Smash Ace
rofl....

back air is like warios most delayed move upon landing...very horrible advice

if u want to space bairs then play game and watch..

omega who are u?? u live in bradenton?? i live in sarasota, do u know me?

DstyCube

Smash Journeyman
I like d-airs more than b-airs. But that's because it racks up more damage, not because of the landing lag. You can SH b-air and finish it before you land. It's harder to pull off a SH b-air over a SH d-air, but if you can consistently do SH-bairs, I don't see any problem using them for extra range, since wario's range is pretty much crap.

cyclops4ever

Smash Apprentice
the back air has more range for distancing, and you dont have to land man, its not bad advice if used properly, anyone playing wario enough knows that spamming the down air will get you shut up pretty fast, unless youplaynoobs all day, but i'm just saying. i'll post a video soon.

Gringleman

Smash Rookie
Wario doesn't need distancing. He combos opponents move after move and dair and fair is perfect for that since there is little lag. Bair however will let the opponent get away even if it hits.

Top Bottom