• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Finally Have Matches Up!!

C 3

Smash Ace
After a long period of commenting and helping fellow Luigi's out, it's my turn to put up a couple videos for other to comment on and help me out. Please, put HELPFUL comments, I know i'm not the greatest, and I don't need post after post of reassurance of that. I lose both matches, but they show off skills and technique. I'm playing against Unknown522, an underrated Mario/Fox main. He's the best Mario main in Toronto, and possibly Canada.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5oTVaAb1LVc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9F5LfJKQm5U

omgliekkewl

Smash Cadet
Some things I think you could work on:

-Rolling: It's not easy to break the habit of rolling around everywhere, even after you've mastered wavedashing, but it's imperative that you do so. There were numerous instances where you would either roll right in front of Mario or right behind him leaving yourself extremely vulnerable.

-Wavelanding: Try to waveland more of your aerial attacks rather than landing --> wavedash. Wavelanding = better combo ability.

-Recovery: Sweet spotting Luigi's green missile on the edge (rather than just above) or a tad below it will help you avoid some of the edgeguarding tactics you encountered with Mario. Also, incorporating the Rising Cyclone into your game would give you additional options to get back onto the stage.

C 3

Smash Ace
Yea, I have a problem with rolling, trying to get out of it. The person who teaches me is in a constant habit of rolling also, so its a bit difficult.

C 3

Smash Ace
I tend to get a bit nervous in matches and forget about techniques I should use, for example, wavelanding and tornado recovery. I will keep those in mind in my future matches.

TheZeroFaReal

Smash Apprentice
From watching the first video I can see that you like to try and land with f-airs and hopefully letting those hit. My suggestion is to try and mix your aerials. I saw a few grabs but in my opinion that was completely lacking. The wavedashing was kind of alright, but you should work a little more on that. Wave land a whole lot more for mind games. Most of your bouts were physical against this Mario and I suggest throwing in a whole lot more mind games. Instead of wave dashing into the a-a-a attack try a jab grab. Try to combo a little more. I know mario is floaty and all but you can throw in some up-tilts at low percents. Try rolling a little less because the mario read what you were doing and took advantage of it. You should work on your short hopped aerials a little more. Too much jumpin in the air then trying to land with an attack. The biggest thing you needed to add was your recovery. Luigi without a 'decent' recovery is too easy to kill. Try Luigi Missle, Down B, Jump, Up B. Practice sweet spotting that ledge. So below is all of these things but in list form =D

-Less Landing with only F-airs
-Mix your aerials
-More grabs
-A little more work on your wave dashing.
-Wave land more for mindgames.
-Mindgames
-Throwmindgame combos =P
-Wave Grabs
(The past 4 are all about the same XD)
-More Combos
-Less Rolling
-Short Hopped Aerials
-Practice The Recovery. A LOT =D

I hope this helps,
TheZeroFaReal

C 3

Smash Ace
I land with aerials based on the situation. Not only that, the chop has great priority and is faster than other aerials. Puff's pound is the only move that is just as fast. Grabs are something I should make better use of. I get a bit nervous in matches, so i'm not quite too consistent yet with my techniques in matches. My mindgames need some work also. Luigi's up tilt doesn't have the greatest hit box, and doesn't have the same priority as other tilts. Mario's sex kick usually cuts through Luigi's up tilt. I definately need to roll less, i'm workin on that. I made good use of short hopped aerials. My recovery wasn't too bad at all IMO, purely situational. There were a few points where I could have used the tornado recovery, which honestly slipped my mind. I was a bit nervous.

Thanks for the post.

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I agree with mixing up approaches. I would suggest jab to grabs/downsmashes, downsmashes, and foward tilt for long distance poking. Also, back arial is not that of an approach if you wavedash all over the place so the opponent does not know if you are going to do an foward air or back air. In addition, you should either waveland the fairs or double arial (mostly nair). Hope this helps in someway. ^_^

Pakman

WWMD
BRoomer
I have a couple of suggestions.

You have to practice your shield/rolling game. You rolled into Mario a lot giving him free grabs or a free smash if he spaces correctly. Try wavedashing out of shield. You shield a lot. Thats not always a bad thing but you gotta be careful.

Also, when someone is jabbing you with neutral a, crouch cancel and mash down C.

When you jab someone it is usually better to double jab into downsmash or grab rather than the third jab, but the timing is weird and the third jab is slightly safer, so its not a big deal.

Recovery: If you find mario's cape getting your forward B then you have to aim for a lower part of the stage. Note: only do this if you still have your jump. Also Luigi is floaty enough to catch the edge from close airdodges.

Ledgehop wave dash will help your general game. It is quite effective when you are hanging on the edge. Slide up while shielding for a shield grab. Or jump ledge dash roll to get back on the level.

Spacing is probably your biggest problem. You need to space some of your aerials so you don't get shield grabbed and whatnot. Wave dash in facing away and do some back airs. Try hitting with the tip of his sneakers. You are getting punished for missed aerials. You could also waveland instead of doing the second aerial to stay at a safe distance.

C 3

Smash Ace
You bring up a lot of good points, thanks Pacman. Can anybody help me with somethin? I have a signature, but I don't know how to load it up and show it.

EazyP

Smash Ace
Go to User CP, hit edit signature, upload your image to where you're hosting it, and type in

Don't forget to hit "Show your signature" after every quick post

unknown522

Some guy
cool, u got a lot of good advice man. Hopefully it helps u improve some more.

but yea, try to avoid double posting, use the edit button

-PM-

Smash Ace
i think something you should work on is your approach its not that fast and pretty predictable i suggest a quick WD to grab to d-throw the back kick then try and keep your combo going just make sure you quick and most marios will be pretty confused. i would know im one of them lol

and i would like the mario ditto unkown552 i like the way he trys to play smart not fast i on the other hand prefer mind games and speed

luigidude90

Smash Apprentice
to be honest i cant give any advice cos your definately better than me so ive also had a look at all the advice and im gonna try to use it to improve my game. so thanks to everyone who helped C 3 cos its helped me too XD.

unknown522

Some guy
After all this advice, u guys got C3 to step his game up. It help me out alot too to play better as well, so thx for all the advice ppl

Top Bottom