• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final third party character chances (top 20)

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I think people are too harsh when they say they don't want third party fighters, some of them are geniunely cool and would do well in Brawl. Besides you just know brawl is going to be awesome no matter who's in it!

Personally I'd like to see Bomberman, Geno and Mallow in brawl (wern't Square 2nd party to Nintendo when they made the mario rpg? You've got a loophole there!)

Lumancer

Smash Apprentice
Yeesh, how do you figure that this is in order of likelihood? There's no telling what's going to happen, or even IF there will be more third party characters. That, and you've got some pretty far fetched options pretty high on your probability list. Forgive me, but.... no...

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
A decent list. Cloud however has absolutely no chance in hell. I love final fantasy and ff7 is probably my favorite game of all time but he has no **** business doing in a smash game. Neither do a lot of characters that people keep mentioning. Nintendo wants this game to be unique. By adding these big names (master chief, Cloud) the game would lose its originality. The purpose of smash bros is to have IMPORTANT characters from Nintendo series battle it out. The addition of Sonic is extremely important because if you know anything about video games, Mario and Sonic were the top of the video game franchises. People would pay and enjoy playing with these characters. Solid Snake IMO, is here to draw in older gamers. Lastly, I think it would make the most sense to add Tails and MegaMan as the final two 3rd party characters simply because, Tails would be the Luigi counterpart and MegaMan is extremely popular and would be completely unique.
QFT. Tails could be very unique, too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Believe it or not, Sakurai actually WANTS to add James Bond to the game...or at least was interested in adding him...

They can get the rights in Japan...But not practically anywhere else...

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Wha?! When did he say this?!
It started in Melee and I think that's why he's in both polls...

or maybe in both polls...I forgot who's on the Brawl Polll

That's why items from James Bond are in Melee though

Zelda_Fan_

Smash Journeyman
How come this random noob gets to decide the top 20 most likely third party characters?

Kunitsuna

Smash Journeyman
HAHAHAHAHA.

Cloud, number seven? Fanboyism at its best.

Simon´s chances are much better than you think they are.

Glinth

Smash Journeyman
Ummm, no, we do know, sakurai said that to qualify for
being in brawl, they had to have been on a nintendo console, cloud can
GTFO that list, put mallow in his place or something... (hey, he was on sakurai's poll)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Ummm, no, we do know, sakurai said that to qualify for
being in brawl, they had to have been on a nintendo console, cloud can
GTFO that list, put mallow in his place or something... (hey, he was on sakurai's poll)
Well technically Cloud did appear on the GBA...

He still has no chance...But he at least fulfills that prerequisite

Red_Maniac

Smash Lord
NNID
SeeJayC
Shouldn't Bonk be on that list?

Also, Bungie is SECOND party now. Not third.

killbeast301

Smash Lord
May I point out 1 thing?

#31-40: Sakurai starts by saying there wont be any manga characters. Then he begins talking about other companies characters to appear in the game. Among other things, Sakurai says that the character MUST have appeared on a Nintendo platform before. And to literally translate the last sentence (keep in mind this is in reference to the characters from other companies): "Anyways, at most we'll add another 1-2 characters [after Snake], maybe?"

Sakurai said it as a question, so it could still change. But now we at least have a ballpark of how many non-Nintendo chars will be added.
Is this where people get the whole "sakurai said no more than 3 characters definately" thing from? cause it's not definate if that's where they're getting it from. Look at the last 2 sentences in the quote. especially the "so it could still change" part. That means it could change. If sakurai said it somewhere else then I'm sorry, but I've seen people saying "3 third parties" a lot and I have yet to see where it has been said as a definate.

Top Bottom