• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash ideas?

think it'll be an good idea if the (deal 200% to get final) code is apart of PM

• Total voters

himemiya

Smash Lord
I know pmbr don't care for tweaking with the items in the game (especailly smash balls) but it'll be nice if we can atleast discuss the changes that should happen to a character special (and bring in marval). I don't usually play with items but it'll be nice if they fancied up/tweak them. Post your final smash ideas!

I personally think that they should be clean 1hko's like marth/oilmar I know there should a unique diffrances at the sametime

I would also like this code to be apart of PM (when smash ball is turned on and the stage doesn't darken)

himemiya

Smash Lord
I know I just guessing you guys just make sure none will crash the game/not being too glitchy and leave it at that. I pretty much just want share my final smash ideas when you guys are ready to start working on items (If you want to hear some).

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Squrtle: Ice Beam Shoots a beam horizontally that travels across the stage. Does an instant 55%, hits them back horizontally and freezes them in ice for a good amount of time. It has a lingering hitbox like Ivysaur's solar beam. Could probably be made by taking multiple thunder graphics from pikachu and turning them blue.

Ivysaur: Leaf Storm A multihit move that shoots a stream of leaves at the opponent while pushing them in that direction kinda like Samus's. Should be pretty easy to make considering Ivy already has leaves following her all the time and making her bulb and leaves turn green is basically in her neutral B.

Charizard: Blast Burn ...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHD7piAgNQU:awesome: Looks like blast burn to me. Although maybe it should be limited to one or two.

ZSS: Hunter IV
Basically her version of the Landmaster but instead of big blast she shoots multiple small blast. I have no idea how one would go about making this though.

Honorable but less interesting ideas:
Hydro Pump - The anime version is basically his down smash and the brawl version is a glorified water gun.
Petal Dance - Would probably work the same as leaf storm but leaf storm is cooler so yeah...
Overheat - Loses coolness because we have Mario Finale and the beam version would look like Solarbeam.
Flare Blitz - Would be cool if he didn't already have 2 attacks similar to it. (Up B & Glair).

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
I have always wanted Mario's final smash to be him shooting a red version of Samus's beam out of his hands instead of those two dumb fire sperm.

Master of Fossils

Smash Apprentice
To be honest the very concept of Mario's final smash was always lacklustre. "Oh Mario can shoot fireballs? Let's make his final smash a bigger fireball!"

Kink-Link5

Smash Hero
I know pmbr don't care for tweaking with the items in the game (especailly smash balls) but it'll be nice if we can atleast discuss the changes that should happen to a character special (and bring in marval). I don't usually play with items but it'll be nice if they fancied up/tweak them. Post your final smash ideas!
This isn't the case so much as, items aren't going to be a prime directive until the other parts of gameplay are more-or-less complete.

If this idea is that "Smashballs on no longer causes smashballs to appear, but rather causes characters to get their final smash by dealing 200%" then I am all for it.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
I have always wanted Mario's final smash to be him shooting a red version of Samus's beam out of his hands instead of those two dumb fire sperm.
I'm fine with his final smash as long as it doesn't completely suck like it does now. The thing sometimes doesn't even top 30%.

Although the real atrocity is Peach's Final Smash.:urg: I'd swap that with Super Smash Flash's in a second if I could.

Ice Climbers's Final Smash could be buffed, Giga Bowser's should actually be stronger than regular Bowser, the soldiers in Pit's Final Smash could use invincibility, Lucario should be able to move his beam faster and should do more KB on the last hit, and Donkey Kong's needs visual input assistance to keep with the beat better. Other than that I'd like Wolf and Falco's final smash changed from Fox.

MVP

Smash Ace
if this were implemented, i'd want it to be like in Super Smash bros Crusade. Where there's a final meter under your character

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Peach's Melee D-smash and generally better kill options make her final smash substantially better.
I can't really see how it'd be substantially better. You still couldn't use it on aerial opponents and you'd still only be able to get off one hit before they wake up. And if they kill you or knock you away after that they can regain most of the health through the peaches.

-I'd also advocate that your ability to use Final smashes should disappear after 15-20 seconds so people don't just wait around to use it on the last stock.
-Final Smash damage should not count towards the 200%.
-It should also be mapped to one of the taunts so you still have access to your neutral B.
-Lastly only 1 final smash should be allowed to be active at a time.

himemiya

Smash Lord
I'll share my ideas now.

Peach - empresss peach (basically sprout wing fly accross the stage kicks the opponent up high with the same properties like marth's)

Mario - Bigger flames (aesthetic effects: Pull out fireflower then rips then does his special)

Luigi - Make it look like an acid trip (or more mesmerizing)

Toon link - have the strikes be animated to be like a mix of lyndis (promoted)/sword master critical hits

link - (on ground) using this as an final blow

Lucario - close combat (with bone rush as finisher) like this

fox - a shine barrage (this but with shines)

falco - the arwing (he goes flying up then a malfunction happens then comes crashing down)

wolf - a nerfed landmaster (either shorten its time limit or make the laser do less kb and kb more upwards)

DDD - realign the wallades to actually gimp people off stage

wario - bair an explosen punch, f-smash look to do skipping, uair sweeptspot being powerful as the sour, and side-b/run grab travels more distance also be like giga bowser and be able to take damage

ganondorf - (this) but have the kb vary on how close you are to ganondorf (being close being an 1hko being far does about 20% tops and its inescapable)

Ice climber - they throw an giant ice shard and if the opponent and people around it get hit then they do the broken vbrawl chaingrab and it gets bigger and colder and then they drop it either the shard just falls and everyone in it dies or it break when hitting the ground and it does 35%

Charizard - Overheat&Fireblast when that kanji symbol hits the ground it starts to spin and shoot up an overheat being a damage racker (not killing but doing about 150%)

Ivysaur - Sunnyday&Petaldance&Sweetscent It shoots a beam covered in petal dance going up in the sky which will cause sunny day plus ivy healing and solarbeam will be buffed sweet scent comes down and do damage to whoever is in it

ike - (with using this cinematic(-9) effect on ground) the range should be tweak a bit

Metaknight - does more kb thats about it

Samus - stays in place and doesn't fall neitther switches to zss

ZSS - that wormhole could really use more range and for aesthetic effect maybe she can look like one of the those mahou shoujo's when transforming and also doesn't go back to samus.

ness - an overview of outer space to see meteors falling then the stage gets an blue shade the meteors fall diagonally

lucas - crystal comes flying up from behind the stage then the stage gets an white shade then does its special

GNW - being able to move around quicker and have better mobility the tentacles will be damage stackers while the tippers do kb and special being stomp like that gives him recovery and spikes opponent

Thoughts?

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Ike's Final Smash should match his eruption's blue flames.

O_o That Ganondorf Final Smash that himemiya linked though.

D

Deleted member

I'm not sure what direction Final Smashes should go in. Should they be ridiculously powerful attacks that are difficult to land, or should they be more balanced? Some ideas for the latter:

Ivysaur - Sunny Day. He passively heals himself without having to use Synthesis, and the charge time for Solar Beam is significantly reduced.

Zelda - Light Arrows. Rather than one arrow that deals heavy damage and KB, she has the ability to shoot multiple arrows that will stun the enemy like a fully charged Paralyzer. Deal about 15% damage.

Lucario - Close Combat. Once activated, he turns into a mini turbo-mode Lucario for a short amount of time. During this time, he would be much easier to kill (lighter, takes more damage from attacks, worse shield, etc.)

Link - Skyward Strike. Raises his sword to the heavens to charge up power. All of his sword swings will produce a projectile. Stabbing attacks/Spin Attack have their power increased.

Lucas - PK Starstorm. Meteors are much smaller and faster, deal significantly less damage, last for a longer period of time, and fall in a random pattern.

Mario - Super Fire Mario. He glows a fiery red. Fireballs are smaller and weaker but can be shot rapidly, or he can choose to do a short charge up to release larger, stronger fireballs.

If I think of any more, I'll add them in.

MVP

Smash Ace
i want Samus (when she comes) NOT to change into ZSS when she uses her final. I don't like ZSS all that much

MVP

Smash Ace

I personally think that they should be clean 1hko's like marth/oilmar I know there should a unique diffrances at the sametime

I would also like this code to be apart of PM (when smash ball is turned on and the stage doesn't darken)

is there a 2.5 version of this? i'd like to test it

Pandemix

Smash Rookie
Even if this isn't related I was thinking it might be pretty badass if SSB had a 'super' mechanic like SF. I know it may be super hard to fit in but it would be amazing if you can land something when you are 1-2 stocks down to help you catch up. I also think that these final smashes shouldn't be a 1 hit k/o but more like an instant 75% or 100% etc. Also it should be like Ice climbers super smash which engulfs the whole stag but more like a skill shot.

himemiya

Smash Lord
More ideas

c.falcon - tweaked to go with those knee combos and instead of him running you over he should eject (from the blue falcon) straight forward to falcon punch you.

Donkey Kong - instead of 2 soundwves there should be 4, 2 being the same and other 2 being shorter but stronger hits. Theres no need for an input assistants (only if your white/jewish) but I do feel that there should be super/great/excellant when you kept the beat going. After he finished the song there should be an final soundwave were its power vary on how insync you were with the beat.

OmegaMuffin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
OmegaMuffin498
Lucario should have Shinku Hadouken from UMVC3

Also, could you make it so the code is only active when smash balls are turned on? Idk if the code already works like that but whatever lol

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I can't really vote yay or nay for this one, but my vote is yay if it's added as an option or something.

Forced Final Smash play is not an idea that I'm particularly fond of, especially if it ends up sucking.

Sluigi123

R64/Brawl- Dev; AI Coder; Balancer
NNID
Sluigi123
Those of you who played Earthbound, I think Ness's Final Smash should be the move called PSI Gaming. This is actually a move in the Earthbound series. This is a close to mid-range combat move. Once Ness is within range with his opponent, he does all of the moves of PSI Gaming from the levels Alpha, Beta, Zeta(?) then does a big magical explosion, which is Omega.

himemiya

Smash Lord
Since roy is announced lets post final smash ideas for him. I think it should be "Fuin no Tsurugi" (Sword of seals) critical hit (close range). He pulls out the Fuin no Tsurugi and he leaps forward and if anyone comes into contact a huge explosion comes out and dies. This final smash will be on marth's 1hko status but his distance will be more limited but have more range.

Edit: I think the deal 200% for final would fit in better if the likely appearance setting was set like low= deal 300%, medium=deal 200%, and high=deal 100%.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I'd prefer him to have his ranged attack in glorious over the top explosion detail, because it otherwise isn't implementd in him at all, and it's one of the best things about Roy over the previous Lords in his own game (though Ike got a ranged attack later).

As for the vote I vote Nay; I'd prefer if the smash balls stay, but the final smashes are balanced based on how easy it is to get the smash ball (normally) If you're a slow character who struggles to get smash balls then it'll be a screen wipe or a transformation you can use straight away, but if you're faster and find getting the smash ball easier it should be harder to hit with or use effectively; it'll still have luck elements based on where it spawns ('cos if you've got items on you want Luck to make things fun in unexpected ways), but doesn't mean that Pit's going to use his FS every time 'cos he laser arrowed it from across the stage.

D

Deleted member

I'll share my ideas now.

Peach - empresss peach (basically sprout wing fly accross the stage kicks the opponent up high with the same properties like marth's)

Peach should have her bipolar mood swings from Super Princess Peach I think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsfrGQzsmnc

Mario - Bigger flames (aesthetic effects: Pull out fireflower then rips then does his special)

Sure, but perhaps we could go for something a bit more... Marioey?

Luigi - Make it look like an acid trip (or more mesmerizing)

Toon link - have the strikes be animated to be like a mix of lyndis (promoted)/sword master critical hits

Nah, Four Sword needs to be his FS. Like, it makes 4 copies of him, that mirror his exact moves for a limited time, it wouldn't even need AI, since you controll all simultaneosly. I think it'd be easy to program.

link - (on ground) using this as an final blow

Lucario - close combat (with bone rush as finisher) like this

fox - a shine barrage (this but with shines)

falco - the arwing (he goes flying up then a malfunction happens then comes crashing down)

wolf - a nerfed landmaster (either shorten its time limit or make the laser do less kb and kb more upwards)

Wold should just call for backup from his Star Wolf Crew.

DDD - realign the wallades to actually gimp people off stage

wario - bair an explosen punch, f-smash look to do skipping, uair sweeptspot being powerful as the sour, and side-b/run grab travels more distance also be like giga bowser and be able to take damage

ganondorf - (this) but have the kb vary on how close you are to ganondorf (being close being an 1hko being far does about 20% tops and its inescapable)

Ice climber - they throw an giant ice shard and if the opponent and people around it get hit then they do the broken vbrawl chaingrab and it gets bigger and colder and then they drop it either the shard just falls and everyone in it dies or it break when hitting the ground and it does 35%

Charizard - Overheat&Fireblast when that kanji symbol hits the ground it starts to spin and shoot up an overheat being a damage racker (not killing but doing about 150%)

Ivysaur - Sunnyday&Petaldance&Sweetscent It shoots a beam covered in petal dance going up in the sky which will cause sunny day plus ivy healing and solarbeam will be buffed sweet scent comes down and do damage to whoever is in it

ike - (with using this cinematic(-9) effect on ground) the range should be tweak a bit

Me likey, same with Dorf's. In fact, all FS should be cinematic like that. Especially if we go for the deal 200% damage to earn a finishing kill route.

Metaknight - does more kb thats about it

Samus - stays in place and doesn't fall neitther switches to zss

ZSS - that wormhole could really use more range and for aesthetic effect maybe she can look like one of the those mahou shoujo's when transforming and also doesn't go back to samus.

Mmmmm... not feeling it, maybe something like Cammy's ultra in SSF4? I mean, she's practically the same character, lol:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yKLyfI4D3C4

ness - an overview of outer space to see meteors falling then the stage gets an blue shade the meteors fall diagonally

lucas - crystal comes flying up from behind the stage then the stage gets an white shade then does its special

GNW - being able to move around quicker and have better mobility the tentacles will be damage stackers while the tippers do kb and special being stomp like that gives him recovery and spikes opponent

Thoughts?

D

Deleted member

More ideas

c.falcon - tweaked to go with those knee combos and instead of him running you over he should eject (from the blue falcon) straight forward to falcon punch you.

Donkey Kong - instead of 2 soundwves there should be 4, 2 being the same and other 2 being shorter but stronger hits. Theres no need for an input assistants (only if your white/jewish) but I do feel that there should be super/great/excellant when you kept the beat going. After he finished the song there should be an final soundwave were its power vary on how insync you were with the beat.

For Falcon. There can only be one thing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wa5OkdP3-r8

Top Bottom