• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Smash '08 Results! Pittsburgh, PA Dec.27th,28th, 2008

TheLake

Smash Master
Ooooh finally found this thingy!

Camalange - Dude it takes balls to be roy. Props. Keep playing melee!

PGH - Duuuude nice tourney man, DEFINATLEY hold more. Thanks for letting butler in last minute.

To everyone i kicked with zelda - im sorry, i do it out of love.

For any ladies I missed - 724 504 8100

Crate - You got skill man, nice comeback against my sheik last match and epic second match.
WHy'd you have to ban cruise ): GGs hope to play you again sometime

D20 - Zeldas better than young link and you know it

Harm - favorite matches there, good stuff you were ****

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
PGH - Duuuude nice tourney man, DEFINATLEY hold more. Thanks for letting butler in last minute.
I second this.

Videos of me existing this torney are a shame. Some people will get a giggle at how hard I was *****, though! :)

crate

Smash Rookie
Crate - You got skill man, nice comeback against my sheik last match and epic second match.
WHy'd you have to ban cruise ): GGs hope to play you again sometime
I didn't ban Cruise, I banned Corneria o.O

(I banned Corneria in every single match I played in the tourney, I ****ing hate Corneria)

You misheard me?

Darth Waffles

Smash Lord
Ooooh finally found this thingy!

Camalange - Dude it takes balls to be roy. Props. Keep playing melee!
Thanks man, I did pretty bad at this tournament though...I won't give up on melee though, I just need to get back in the scene :p

Greg, The Lucario player who had the yugigoh backpack.
Oh my god dude, you had me sweating D:
I thought you were going to knock me out, lol. Gg's man, I think the only reason I won is because of Sonic's Uair spam. That move pretty much beats everything if spaced right, lol.

(This is Camalange on a friends account because I didn't realize he was logged in still >_>)

:093:

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
I thought you were going to knock me out, lol. Gg's man, I think the only reason I won is because of Sonic's Uair spam. That move pretty much beats everything if spaced right, lol.

(This is Camalange on a friends account because I didn't realize he was logged in still >_>)

Yea, I wish I knew that sooner, Uair beating out my Dair cost me a few lives. >_> I should have just air dodged them.
Very good games man.

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
I'd like to rematch CREWS sometime in the future.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I can't remember if I left CREWS a shoutout or not D:

I only got to play you once but you have a beast Samus and I watched A LOT of your matches.

Keep representin' the low tier :p

And Bran has one of the best Falcons I've seen, lol.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Thanks man, I did pretty bad at this tournament though...I won't give up on melee though, I just need to get back in the scene :p

I thought you'd gone crazy until I read your edit. :laugh:

Sean²

Smash Capitalist
Switch FC
SW-7479-8539-5283
Yeah. I was the Wolf player.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I thought you'd gone crazy until I read your edit. :laugh:
lol, I'm too good.

EDIT: camalange im thinking u did but thanks again. u have a nice sonic (wrecks my ****). LOW TIER FTW
Well I wanted to make sure I got the message out to you, lol.
wait low tires ftw? sawnik is top tires!!

wow. Sonic 10th on the character rankings. This tourney didnt help him *cough*
lololol that whole list is just lol.

Lmfao, too good. Sonic is so pro.
Sonic mains have the best mindgames ;o

o ya. i thought u were that black jiggs player (cause of your avatar). but ya, well have to rematch sometime soon. good wolf though
Wait...I thought he was too ?_?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
The last 10 seconds of that video made me **** in my pants.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I think it was. I remember him telling me how in a friendly he won a match with a reverse Falcon Punch, lol.

I still like Colaya's double kill though with the Falcon Dive spike.

That **** was HAWT.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
can you post up the loser's finals? All cept that 3 stock he got on me, you can "accidentally delete" that one if you want *slips m@v a 20*

-Crews-

a Strawhat Pirate
****, i really should have entered the low tier tourney since after all it was a snake that knocked me out. but, it prob wouldnt have really mattered, sonic wrecks my **** and there were like 3 of them.

_umbra_

Smash Champion
what plank said

it's like this whole thing was a low tier tournament, no wonder an mk won lol

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
only 3 sonic mains, a couple other played him but didn't main him
The only other people who used Sonic were during the Low Tier tournament, because they would counterpick Sonic with Sonic XD

Since most of the Sonics were dominating, it increased their chances of winning, lol.

Sonic is the MK of Low Tier
MK = Meatknight

Yet a Ness still won...
(Way to go Pheonix, lol)

Ryan Ludovic

Smash Journeyman
what plank said

it's like this whole thing was a low tier tournament, no wonder an mk won lol
you make it sound like it is a bad thing someone wanted to play someone who is not 'the very best' few characters.

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Hey, ROB was there, but I found it funny. I two-stocked the MK that won, but lost to Sonic.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Hey, ROB was there, but I found it funny. I two-stocked the MK that won, but lost to Sonic.
He told me he lost afterwards and I was quite curious as to what happened. Me telling him how terrible he was probably didn't help. Most likely it was the TV though, it was that little plasma TV (station 3 i think?) I only played some friendlies on there and the lag was quite intense.

In any case you surprised the crap out of me when you beat him. He plays against a very similar ROB all the time and usually doesn't have a problem.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
In any case you surprised the crap out of me when you beat him. He plays against a very similar ROB all the time and usually doesn't have a problem.
This is too funny.

I thought it was surprising GwJ lost to you because he plays me reguarly and we go pretty even. Yet you seemed to be handling him really well (of course you might just be a better Sonic than me..)

I believe GwJ said he lost because he was used to my playstyle of Sonic, and was expecting you to do some of the stuff I do.

ITT > Camalange

GwJ

Smash Hero
NNID
Baghul
Yea, ITT, your playstyle is so much different than Cam's. I just couldn't get used to it because I was expecting some super duper mindgame, but it didn't happen. Your lack of mindgames was a mindgame.

e: ROB is no longer "high" tier, he's middle-high tier. You can't say you lost because I'm high tier, you MUST say middle-high tier. That is all.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
e: ROB is no longer "high" tier, he's middle-high tier. You can't say you lost because I'm high tier, you MUST say middle-high tier. That is all.
Actually, he is now "B" Tier, and Sonic is "F" Tier.

But hey, Link moved up on "G" Tier. Lawz said it was because of him.
It was pretty funny :D

Top Bottom