• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination's edges are top tier.

Bocks

Smash Apprentice
did yall forget that in brawl you can grab the edges opposite to your characters current direction? stop b*tching, leanr to vertically sweetspot, 1 day with wolf and i got the alignment down with my recovery, as said above, change what YOU'RE doing

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
yeah, I like FD as a stage, it just kills me too many times though. I'll find myself underneath it too many times somehow and it's not friendly to people with a 45 degree recovery move like a spacies B up or a tether.

SmoothKill

Smash Rookie
i concur. those edges suck. i keep getting caught underneath them. tether is the only thing that keeps me alive. i like lylat cruise and smashville for flat stages. who *officially* decides which stages are legit for tournaments and whatnot? are there smash gods or something? and why do they get to choose? hopefully FD is not going to be the main tournament stage this time...ack...

Enoch-Fox

Smash Cadet
it appears nook may be doing something questionable on that avatar...

but yeah, I <3 smashville so far. The platform's a neat change from stuff.

Super_Nostalgic

Smash Apprentice
Thing is that when you turn on stage randomizer, you cant choose what created stages and whatnot, its all or nothing. Some people may have stages they really don't like but don't want to get rid of because they're fun in certain circumstances.

Dark Sonic

Smash Hero
Lolz at people not knowing how to sweetspot manually. No melee vetrans see this as any sort of problem. We've seen a lot worse from battlefield.

Jimiisama

Smash Apprentice
Hit them off the sides of the stage and laugh at them plummet, the stage has a set knockback and spikes at higher percentages.
Actually, if I understand you correctly, then that doesn't work because you can tech when you hit a wall.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I did have trouble adjusting to the new FD because of the terrible new edges. It's hard to break old habits, but I'm learning to not use the edges to recover like everyone did before. Funny how recovering was made to be that much easier in this game, and then they make edges like FD2's. And edge hogging is easy as hell in this game: run off the stage and then hold the other direction.

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Lolz at people not knowing how to sweetspot manually. No melee vetrans see this as any sort of problem. We've seen a lot worse from battlefield.
QFT. Until you start having problems of not grabbing the ledge even though you're right next to it (which was imo the worst part about battlefield in melee) FD will not be the new battlefield.

Chrono Centaur

Smash Apprentice
OK WTF

I tried to recover as Snake, and when I get to the edge it pushes me into the little dark chasm that after the edge :< same with Fortress and Bowser

that's ridiculous. I demand an explanation for this bull****.

Top Bottom