• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination Theory

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord

This world. A world where trophies fight. We all know this intro, we all know this scene. But do we suspect that this could be Final Destination? Most don't think so, but I say I do.

Now before I continue, I'll go over the Smash history.

In the single player modes in both Super Smash Bros. and Super Smash Bros. Melee, the player had to go trough several kinds of stages until they reached the end, by defeating your opponent. In almost every sinlge player mode (All-Star mode is the only exception) the last stage is the Final Destination. This due to the fact that this stage indeed is the last stage of the run.

Now, how could this stadium be the Final Destination? Surely it isn't the last place to be. We clearly know that we'll fight on it when fighting Petey Piranha.

How how would this stage be the Final Destination? For that, let's look at the stage in its current condition.

We can see that the stage so far doesn't look that big. But look at the cages. Compared to Petey this stage does seem small, but compared to the cages its size is perfect. Also, since we can only base the boss fight on two screenshots, we don't know the actual size of this stage.

Now, how could this stage be as epic as the previous Final Destinations? Simple. We'll have to go back to the story. We know that the Subspace Army is planning on obliterating this world with the Subspace Bombs, which can excise a part of the world and suck it into the Subspace.

We can see that our stadium also gets engulfed by this explosion.

So, what can we learn about this?

Remember most games you've played so far. What was their Final Destination? In the first Super Mario Bros. the goal was to reach Bowser's Castle. In SMB3 this goal was the same. In Metroid Samus' goal was to reach Mother Brain. In almost all Legend of Zelda game you are heading towards Ganon(dorf)'s lair. All these games have one thing in common: the Final Destination was always at the source of the problem.

So, this time, the Final Destination is the stadium, but not at this world. This time you'll go outside the regular dimension to save the world, and enter the Subspace, eventually reaching the Final Destination. And, ironically, this could be the point where you started your adventure.

Jackal478

Smash Ace
Well you sir, get a magical ding light, it shall float over your head until Brawl's release.

but yeah, i agree fully. Like that's the spot where the whole story starts

IllidR

Smash Champion
I agree that this could very well be the new Final Destination, but I really don't think it is. I think it's just a set stage in which you fight only to be used in adventure mode, not appearing as playable in multiplayer because it would just be a clone of Final Destination. In the adventure and classic mode's of the previous games, we saw many stages that appeared as if they'd be playable because of their similar playstyle, or very different from any other stage.. but we still couldn't use them. One point in Adventure Mode in Melee was when you fought the Yoshi heard. Once you reach this part of the stage, all of the connnected parts of the level disappeared and you fought on a Battlefield-esque stage, but we did not see that in Multiplayer. Also, in the Link part of adventure mode when you're exploring the undergrounds, when you reached a platform with a Master Sword in it, the background would disappear and you would be stuck on another Battlefield clone. And in Super Smash 64 we were taken in our classic mode to fight metal mario on his very own, unique stage. But once again, this was merely a stage that appeared in single-player as we could not fight on it.

So I'm not eliminating the possibility that this could be the new Final Destination, just putting out in the open that there have been stages in the past that were only featured in single player. I've heard this theory before many times in the Final Destination discussion and it also got me thinking it could be what you said, and you start and end there to round out the game.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
@IllidR: You're missing the whole point. I'm not talking about the first stage as a playable one, I'm only talking about a theory that this stage might end up BEING Final Destination. The atmosphere would be exactly the same as in the previous games, only the appearance would be different. But it would still be Final Destination.

IllidR

Smash Champion
@IllidR: You're missing the whole point. I'm not talking about the first stage as a playable one, I'm only talking about a theory that this stage might end up BEING Final Destination. The atmosphere would be exactly the same as in the previous games, only the appearance would be different. But it would still be Final Destination.
Hmm, so you're saying that it would basically be the platform shown here with the regular background of Final Destination in Melee? Maybe to give a little more story and reason why that floating platform is there.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
Bomb comes. Boom. Gone stadium and platforms. But wait, Subspace Bombs blow these bits into the Subspace.

BAM.

Stadium platform in Subspace. Final Destination is born.

And no, it's not "just the platform with the Melee Final Destination background". The background would look more like the Subspace. However that may look like.

Homelessvagrant

Smash Lord
3DS FC
5455-9417-5731
I like the idea. Either if you make this stage itself playable or the subspace finale the stage, it'd still be cool. I'd like if you could change the stage to the background from the begininng or the end.

GaryCXJk

Smash Lord
If it's the first stage, wouldn't it be the next "Initial Destination"?
Not if it's a ravaged version of the "Starting Ground". It´s like saying Twilight Princess Link at the beginning is the same Link as the final Link. Yes, they are one and the same person, but they actually aren't. At the beginning Link is just a kind farmer who happens to have sword fighting skills. At the end he's a kind fighter who loves to smash moblins and wears a green tunic. Same person, but not really.

See Final Destination as having the platforms of the original stage, but with a spacy background and more debris.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Im guessing there will be a classic mode on brawl. Not just adventure. And at the end of classic will be final destination.

Top Bottom