• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Final Destination – Master Hand Support Thread

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
MASTER HAND

He's always been there from the beginning. But not enough.
And with Master Core around... hell, we hardly ever even see him anymore for more than a few seconds! I think it's time to put him in the spotlight again.

Now, you're probably wondering, "why would you want to play as him?" Well...

• He was enjoyable to play as in 64 and Melee. He even had a full range of movement in 64!
  • Super Smash Bros. has been one of Nintendo's most successful franchises for almost twenty years. I think it deserves a rep of its own.
  • It's a tradition in various fighting games, including the Soul Calibur and Street Fighter series, to include an altered version of the final boss as a playable character. Putting him in would not be a stretch.

"But," you might ask, "what about the fact that he flies?"

Good question. :4mewtwo: hovers as he runs, just high enough to show that he's flying without being able to dodge low attacks by mistake. And various characters have multiple jumps, and :4peach: can float. Look at :mewtwopm:, who even has a free-hover mechanic!

As for how his attacks would work, he's used a large variety of moves through all four games.
Some ones that spring to mind;
  • His famous "walking on two fingers" attack could easily serve as a crawl and down tilt. That way, it would work essentially the same as the full-sized one.
  • He had a dash attack in 64, where he punched forward and landed.
  • His Bullets are an obvious N-spec, as they've been a prominent part of his moveset since the beginning.
  • His rocketing attack, I could easily see a modification of that as a recovery move.
Overall, I feel he's historically important enough to Nintendo to get a slot, and I feel he'd be a fun and unique character to play as.
Especially since Xander Mobus is his VA.

----

Supporters list:
@ Saikyoshi Saikyoshi

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Funny how all of the arguments that can be applied to Ridley also apply to Master Hand.

Not being a jerk, I genuinely think it's a funny coincidence. >w<

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Funny how all of the arguments that can be applied to Ridley also apply to Master Hand.

Not being a jerk, I genuinely think it's a funny coincidence. >w<
Yeah, that definitely came to mind. :p

"But he's too big!"
"But he always flies!"
"But he's already a boss!"

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather see Tabuu make a comeback. That would be pretty cool.

He would need a serious nerfing, though. Right after Sakurai is done nerfing Greninja.

Top Bottom