• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data FINAL: Confirmed 1.1.4 Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Preparing for the inevitable.

I will update the OP over time as we have with each prior patch.

Any other threads pertaining to this topic will be locked.

Thank you for your cooperation and patience.

Nerf
  • Weight: 95 -> 94
Source - The "official" patch notes project, lead by fellow members of the 4BR:
http://smashboards.com/threads/1-1-4-patch-notes.430023/

:093:

Last edited:

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
> damage and KB on every move reduced.
>Hitboxes adjusted to have less range
>6 more frames of lag on all moves
>Spin shot removed
>Dropped several tiers

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
BSBS fixed?
Still no?
Awwwww.

bsjkupo

Smash Rookie
NNID
bsjkupo
We can only dream for the nerfs to pass us by T.T

Trillion

Smash Ace
Praying for BSBS fix so that I can play as Sonic again. I've been struggling to break Brawl habits in general. BSBS amplifying that has been forcing me back towards Marth who isn't even good this time.

@ Camalange - Looking at tournament results, you've been putting in some work, bro. Good job!

bsjkupo

Smash Rookie
NNID
bsjkupo
From various sources on Twitter :
"Captain, Falco, Ike, Kirby, Bowser + Jr, Little Mac, Charizard, Lucina, Marth, Dark Pit, Roy, Sheik, ZSS, Toon Link and Zelda have changes."

So far its looking good for us, been playing around and nothing seems that different for Sonic yet... COULD WE HAVE DODGED A BULLET?

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
At this point i dont really expect sonic to get nerfs. Just sad that BSBS is still present.....especially when its the dev teams job to debug the game and what not and such a blatant oversight in the functionality of a move is left unaddressed. Makes me also angry because they had fixed the bug where tossing an item as you touch the ground after Up B causes to to go back into special fall waaay back when we got nerfed. When no one really knew that was even a thing and people who did really didnt say much about it.....someone should make one of those video like they did with mewtwo showing everything thats wrong with the character.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
Makes me also angry because they had fixed the bug where tossing an item as you touch the ground after Up B causes to to go back into special fall waaay back when we got nerfed.
Actually, if I recall correctly, there are still instances where we go into unnecessary fall animation in Smash 4. It doesn't happen often and I haven't run into it much lately, but I've had it happen to me enough to notice. Most notably in casual matches with items.
I at least have evidence of it occurring as late as patch 1.1.1 to 1.1.2

Still though, I kinda hope this isn't the last of the patches. I also hope there are no more. Less chances for debuffs.
Wait, it can't be the last, can it? Doesn't the dev team have to watch the new DLC for stuff now too?
OKAY. Need to figure out a way to slam them with information on the BSBS mechanics before then.

Last edited:

cerealkiller

Smash Journeyman
Wait, it can't be the last, can it? Doesn't the dev team have to watch the new DLC for stuff now too?
I've been asking myself that. If for some reason Corrin or Byonetta are broken or have heavy glitches I believe there would have to be another patch. But maybe the team has settled that all other character won't be changed other than the new DLC ones only if they need. I don't know. I still think there will be at least another one :)

Last edited:

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
I've been asking myself that. If for some reason Corrin or Byonetta are broken or have heavy glitches I believe there would have to be another patch. But maybe the team has settled that all other character won't be changed other than the new DLC ones only if they need. I don't know. I still think there will be at least another one :)
Considering people already found a (questionable) 0-death for Bayonetta, I really hope so.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I figured since I was posting anyway for the first time since June of 2011, that rather than make a separate post in another thread, that I'd say it here. lol
I was poking fun, but I genuinely appreciate the acknowledgement. Thank you!

If Sonic got any noticeable nerfs, we'd have figured it out by now, I think. Safe to say Sonic will be fine, even if changes are discovered later.

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
Can someone help me understand the point of making a number of characters 1 point lighter?

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
what if BSBS isn't a glitch but rather something done on purpose to keep Sonic from spamming spin dash without consequence...?

Also, if lowering the weight by one doesn't affect kb in a regular state, would it during rage?

yope3041

Smash Rookie
NNID
soundofsilver1
I've wondered the exact same thing, like if it's specifically designed to prevent you from spindashing through a shield, double jumping back over the person's head and spin dashing back through them again ad infinitum. If it's not a purposeful addition to the game, you'd think that catch it in play testing since anyone playing this character has experienced it at least once.

KyroChao

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kyro_Keatonlabs
Perhaps it was an oversight at first or they aren't sure how to work around it, but once sonic quickly became "op" and "cancer" leaving it was a way for them to hinder us

Julesimanerd

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Julesimanerd
3DS FC
2191-9014-2011
what if BSBS isn't a glitch but rather something done on purpose to keep Sonic from spamming spin dash without consequence...?

Also, if lowering the weight by one doesn't affect kb in a regular state, would it during rage?

Honestly I don't mind bsbs, I agree that maybe it is just to keep sonic from spamming it, I got used to it and for me it's pretty easy to work around. And if I do sd, it usually is like "well that was my bad,"

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
It's completely unintuitive.

Keeping Sonic in check by arbitrarily getting rid of his double jump in specific scenarios... Right.

Sytal

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sytal
The BSBS function, if placed or left purposely, is an example of bad functionality being used to change a character's ability.
On the other hand, if its either going unnoticed or ignored while other character's flaws are being patched(Which at this point I feel is the case), its an example of design flaws.
Either way, there's a reason its called BSBS.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
I feel its more a case of it simply going unnoticed at this point. Most people still dont know this exists due to how most people dont even understand how our spin attacks even work let alone if theres a bug with them.

Only way this would honestly get fixed is if it was brought to the attention of higher levels players who are vocal on social media but then again its not something entirely game breaking so whether its even worth fixing for the dev team is another issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom