• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data FINAL: Confirmed 1.0.4 Patch Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Last edited by a moderator:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
I'm not sure 100%, but the ending animation of dash attack seems a little more elaborate and long. Other than that possibly, nothing yet. This is good.

:077:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
So I have heard Sonic still gets a free 30% damage from SideB...Did noone seriously think this was a bit too much...seriously.

(Im in college right now so cant test the patch, rip)

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Can't find any % changes (haven't tried customs yet). Grounded sping => dair still doesn't autocancel, no sign of ASCSC. Guess they were wishful thinking.

:093:

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
So dsmash and utilt.definitely have less cooldown. And i think our uair got a buff on the 2nd hit as ive been KOing more consistently with it above 100. Though our dash attack definitely has more cooldown. But ill take it given our dsmash got better. Just wish they had given sonic the ability to double jump out of aerial spin attacks :/ Uair also has more landing lag tho.

EDIT: our dash attack also does more damage now, dealing one extra hit. It used to do 4% now it does 6.

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
So dsmash and utilt.definitely have less cooldown. And i think our uair got a buff on the 2nd hit as ive been KOing more consistently with it above 100. Though our dash attack definitely has more cooldown. But ill take it given our dsmash got better. Just wish they had given sonic the ability to double jump out of aerial spin attacks :/ Uair also has more landing lag tho.

EDIT: our dash attack also does more damage now, dealing one extra hit. It used to do 4% now it does 6.
If that UAir buff is true <33333333

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace

Running attack does 1, 1, 1, 3 (6%) in 1.03. If you guys could test the %s and compare them with the ones I posted in the moveset thread, that would be great.

Well, I'm not updating the game, as I'm not even playing it anymore (I think I may be developing tendinitis on my left arm), so I won't be able to test anything until later on.

However, I will test everything on the Wii U version, though! Tutorial vids coming soon (maybe).

Last edited:

jordanm43444

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Jordanm43444
Running attack does 1, 1, 1, 3 (6%) in 1.03. If you guys could test the %s and compare them with the ones I posted in the moveset thread, that would be great.

Well, I'm not updating the game, as I'm not even playing it anymore (I think I may be developing tendinitis on my left arm), so I won't be able to test anything until later on.

However, I will test everything on the Wii U version, though! Tutorial vids coming soon (maybe).
Ill look into that, I should get my hands on the update soon enough.

(On a side note, looking forward to that tutorial, your Brawl tutorial was legit the thing that started my love for comp smash)

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Ultimately this doesn't seem so bad. I'll probably be a little miffed about the added Uair lag though... I tried replacing Bair with Uair as my spammable aerial but uuuugh landing lag on everything now. I guess KO power is worth it, but Uair was already a solid KO move. Curious to see how I feel about these dash attack changes.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
The landing lag is slight, but noticable.especially when uair used to end faster thab fair/nair but ill take a bit more landing lag if it means i can KO someone off the top under 150.(i literally remember hitting someone at the top of the screen the black lightning appeared and they lived, then i lost...) plus less cooldown on smash makes it even better an edgeguarding tool

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Is there any proof on any of this, or are these just assumptions? One thing that has changed is universal. With tap jump off, you used to be able to run full speed, slide the circle pad up and tap the attack button and it would initiate a usmash. This doesn't seem to be the case anymore. I'm not seeing any added lag to uairs unless you're short hop fast falling them into the ground, which always caused sonic to bounce on his head like an idiot. Also, like previously stated, dash attack has always done 6%. As for d-smash, I can't really tell. Looks pretty similar to me.

Edit: Just a correction. You can short hop fast fall uairs still with no landing lag like you could before the patch. The lag I'm referring to is if you land before the second hit comes out. It all seems pretty identical to me. For nitpicky stuff like that, it's best to wait until there's actual proof before posting info. You'll end up wanting to find differences too much, to the point where your brain will trick you into thinking things are different. There doesn't seem to be any major changes like how Ike's fair auto cancels now.

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
these are just my assumptions based on having extensively used both dsmash and uair as well as playing back both moves under 1.4x speed.

The portion of his dsmash where he flips himself upwards is slightly sped up, and when sonic lands with uair he spins around slightly before returning to neutral, as for dash attack after the kick the animation where he stops himself plays longer than previous.

Can anyone confirm whether our Fsmash also has slightly increased cooldown? Sonic seems to take a bit longer to regain control afterwards, almost feels like brawls fsmash

Last edited:

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
these are just my assumptions based on having extensively used both dsmash and uair as well as playing back both moves under 1.4x speed.

The portion of his dsmash where he flips himself upwards is slightly sped up, and when sonic lands with uair he spins around slightly before returning to neutral, as for dash attack after the kick the animation where he stops himself plays longer than previous.

Can anyone confirm whether our Fsmash also has slightly increased cooldown? Sonic seems to take a bit longer to regain control afterwards, almost feels like brawls fsmash
For stuff like that, you'd really need side by side comparisons of the games different versions to accurately tell. That uair animation comes out when the second hit doesn't come out.

Edit: I feel like if any move has different ending lag, it's utilt. Utilt really does feel like it can be acted out of sooner. Though, that could just be my brain playing tricks on me. Never use it enough because of how bad circle pad is, so I'll hold off judgement for now.

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Well i'm 99% sure dash attack has more cooldown, or no longer has IASA frames as you need to wait until sonic gets back up to regain control.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
I'll eventually try to record every move before updating to 1.0.4.

Here's the list of things I think would cover everything:
  • fresh damage (testing in a similar way to the moveset thread);
  • launching power @ 100% (hit reset on training mode and try it);
  • landing lag for all aerials (hold shield to test);
  • recovery time for all moves (hold shield to test);

Any more ideas?

SonicZeroX

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4425-1491-5645
So I have heard Sonic still gets a free 30% damage from SideB...Did noone seriously think this was a bit too much...seriously.

(Im in college right now so cant test the patch, rip)
I can confirm right now that Side B into uair can do up to 27%

Was it always this strong??

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Well, according to the %s in the moveset thread, it was theoretically possible to do:

10% (roll @ full speed) + 6% (roll sweetspot) + 6% (SDJ) + 3% (Uair1) + 6% (Uair2) = 31%

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Dash attack makes me sad now, as it was a really nice move to use for shield pressure close to an edge or for a mid % combo starter. But now the move just leaves you sitting there crawling back up for days.

Bye bye dash attack > fair :(

Last edited:

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
Is Dash Attack that bad now? I haven't got to test anything yet. So I'll be looking to see if there are confirmations on Sonic changes.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Pretty much everything being done in this thread is going to be fraudulent unless we can test things side by side.

If anyone wants to do a knockback comparison on a character's move, all you need is 2 sd cards. One with patch 1.0.4 and the other with an older patch. OTHERWISE, it's all guesswork and 'this feels like it takes longer'

Also, dash attack still does 6% no damage increase

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
The UAir landing lag feels completely negligible to me. It only matters if Sonic lands before he initiates the actual kick. If it's already passed the startup then there's virtually no lag on landing. Pre-update worked the same. Having also tried out pre-update Smash just now on another 3DS, recording the dash attack and playing the new one side-by-side, the dash attack cooldown is only a few frames, if any at all, different.

I really don't think they gave two **** about rebalancing Sonic. I can't speak for damages but other than that there's almost nothing here that significantly alters his game plan.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Can this thread be prefaced with like "speculated" or something, so people don't cling to fraudulent charges? Until further proven.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
I'll eventually try to record every move before updating to 1.0.4.

Here's the list of things I think would cover everything:
  • fresh damage (testing in a similar way to the moveset thread);
  • launching power @ 100% (hit reset on training mode and try it);
  • landing lag for all aerials (hold shield to test);
  • recovery time for all moves (hold shield to test);

Any more ideas?
See if his customs are any different, that needs to be looked into.

Augi Jr.

Smash Cadet
According to VivaReverie, who has both versions side by side, in the General Discussions Patch thread, Sonics Dash attack is unchanged.

Can you check if Sonic's dash attack ending lag was changed or not? It feels like the ending lag on it is different ever so slightly in 1.0.4, but i may be imagining it.
Recovery is identical, it must be another case of placebo.
It doesnt seem like it suffered any significant or noticeable change

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
frauds everywhere

NotLiquid

Smash Lord
So I was right then. None of the commonly brought up "nerfs" in this topic are real.

On another note, Thinkaman claimed in the community patch thread that Sonic's USmash got buffed. Can't test it, might be something worth looking into.

Last edited:

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
His Usmash is already good. What kind of buff? Less cooldown? Even more KO power?

Augi Jr.

Smash Cadet
His Usmash is already good. What kind of buff? Less cooldown? Even more KO power?

Indeed. The only buff I could think of is if it had a wider hitbox lol. Then it would be absolutely overpowered as hell.

NotLiquid

Smash Lord

Knockback supposedly. Apparently it KOs easier? I'm not an expert on knockback but I'm taking it with a grain of salt for now.

Also I tested out Sonic's normals. There's no percentage difference on any of them. Can't try out all of the specials cause the second 3DS I have doesn't have all the customs unlocked, but I at least know that Homing Attack is unchanged.

This is all training mode on Mario btw.

Last edited:

Palta King

Smash Rookie
I just tried killing Sheik consistenly in training, on omega battlefield from the center of the stage, with a uncharged usmash confirming all 8 hits.
On 1.03 Sheik was being killed on 124%.
On 1.04 Sheik was being killed on 107%

I didn't use Mario because of the apparent weight gain that he had. Also, sometimes I had a problem with the two launch trayectories that Usmash has, being one almost completly vertical and the other one, diagonal. Still, my results are considering the lower kill % for both cases.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Yeah, everything felt exactly the same to me when playing last night outside of u-tilt. Even that may be the same and it's just because i'm used to being able to do easy mode running u-smashes, but can't anymore, so I started tinkering with u-tilt. That's the one thing I'd like to see tested. Everything else seemed exactly the same. Including dash attack.

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Press jump right before "diagonal Hyphen Smashing". That should work (I'm guessing, though).

Last edited:

relaxedexcorcist

Smash Ace
NNID
relaxed
3DS FC
4167-4486-3541
Could sonic use homing attack more than once in midair? Cause if he could he can't now. He has to hit the ground before he can do it again.

Also Uair has no landing lag once he finishes the last kick.

Dunno if these were in pre-1.0.4 cause i didn't play sonic too much.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
Could sonic use homing attack more than once in midair? Cause if he could he can't now. He has to hit the ground before he can do it again.

Those are the same. He could homing attack multiple times in Brawl, but never could in Smash 4. First post really should be edited to say no proven changes as of yet, as it's super misleading and just flat out wrong right now.

Last edited:

ROOOOY!

Smash Master
NNID
Gengite
3DS FC
5456-0280-5804
Dash attack makes me sad now, as it was a really nice move to use for shield pressure close to an edge or for a mid % combo starter. But now the move just leaves you sitting there crawling back up for days.

Bye bye dash attack > fair :(
When did dash attack follow up into anything? I don't have both versions for comparison, or anyway to check, but it definately feels like there's more end lag. But with the nature of the move, and the way it should be used, it's a non issue, disregarding it being shielded.

No, he couldn't.

Usmash has been changed, it feels weird to me. At low %s it doesn't launch people at all when you're facing away, even more so then it didn't before.

edit: also who said the % for dash attack has changed? As mentioned a lot, it hasn't, nothing has. Anyone tested customs? I never used them so couldn't compare.

edit again: i saw this viva guy saying stuff this morning before work. not trashing the guy, but i saw no frame data etc etc. i'll look at the rest of his posts to see if there's anything more legit. but for now, i'm disregarding the things he says

Last edited:

Sonic Orochi

Smash Ace
Can someone test if Sonic's weight's changed (or anyone else's)? I'll need a consistent test dummy for the KO percentages.

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
I keep hearing that Mario's weight changed so why the **** is everyone testing **** on Mario if HIS WEIGHT CHANGED?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom