• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Vote Jexs

Ghebs play is still ***
I dunno what kind of **** you're smoking to make statements like this. Your play this game is atrocious and you're not in a position to call anybody out. I've been correct on the Kantrip lynch, I've been active and I've made my stances quite clear throughout this game. You haven't done any of that so either start getting **** done or keep your mouth shut, kiddo.

I mean, if the general opinion on Rake's play wasn't so damn low I don't think you'd even be alive toDay.

:059:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Just fyi my restriction got loosened due to the extreme amount of inactivity that's been plaguing this game.

I beg your pardon?

So, everything true of Kantrip is true of me?
Your argument is that scum wouldn't wanna walk away from an easy mislynch, yet kantrip just did. Why?

Because the objective of scum isn't to actively lynch town. It's to make sure scum doesn't get lynched.

So scum would want an excuse to walk away from that lynch because:

A. It would make them look bad in retrospect.

or

B. It was on a partner.

Given that gheb remains a really suspicious slot, both are possible.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Seriously that argument was pathetic, the fact that confirmed scum did what you're claiming scum wouldn't do moments before should make that obvious.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Rakes hardly posted because...iunno, but I've not posted because of work and such. That's been a constant the last few games I've been in, i swayed away from gheb because a kantrip lynch looked better to me than a gheb lynch yesterday. Ghebs play is still ***, but zalek looks shady too esp woth hos vote patterns late yesterday. Would be nice if @ adumbrodeus adumbrodeus would pop in because I'd like some opinion besides the two of ours
Zalak's playing twitchy and doubts his reads. Gheb remains suspicious mostly because of the way that kantrip's treated him over the last few days.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Seriously that argument was pathetic, the fact that confirmed scum did what you're claiming scum wouldn't do moments before should make that obvious.
No, no, no.

If you want to vote me, you have to tell me why I would let Gheb get away with being lynched. You can't just say Kantrip was scum, and everything true of him is true of me.

For example: Kantrip wanted to lynch Gheb, you wanted to lynch Gheb, you must both be scum together! See how incredibly poor this argument is?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Honestly, if you think I'm scum, why wouldn't I lynch Gheb, then bus the hell out of Kantrip the following Day?

Instead I let Kantrip **** the bed and get himself lynched? I don't even look better on Kantrip's flip!

If I am scum at this point I am actively hurting my chances of winning this game.

JeXs

Smash Champion
EXPLAIN YOUR PoE FROM EARLIER. JUST SAYING "PoE" DOES NOT EXPLAIN MUCH :074:
Because I town read the others. And your interactions with Kary doesn't read TvT to me. Currently leaning towards Gheb/Zalak.
vote zalak

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
No, no, no.

If you want to vote me, you have to tell me why I would let Gheb get away with being lynched. You can't just say Kantrip was scum, and everything true of him is true of me.

For example: Kantrip wanted to lynch Gheb, you wanted to lynch Gheb, you must both be scum together! See how incredibly poor this argument is?
Stop lying about what my argument is kary.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
What myself and maven were saying was that every action kantrip made CLEARLY can be performed by scum, therefore if kantrip did something, you doing it doesn't automatically sanctify you as townie.

Your play stinks and your counterargument is obvious redirection.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
What myself and maven were saying was that every action kantrip made CLEARLY can be performed by scum, therefore if kantrip did something, you doing it doesn't automatically sanctify you as townie.

Your play stinks and your counterargument is obvious redirection.
I'm not saying that my actions are the same as Kantrip's! They're demonstrably different!

I am saying you are yet to show how MY PLAY makes sense in the context of my being scum with Kantrip!

You can keep repeating yourself but it doesn't make your argument any better. I am not scum, and my posts are no more 'obvious redirection' than I was 'obviously rolefishing' earlier. You need to get your head in the game.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
If your counterargument was that your decision not to join on the wagon didn't make sense if you were scum with kantrip then you should've just said that rather then giving us the ring around the rosy.

So explain, how precisely does your choice not to join the wagon somehow make you not scum with kantrip?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
If your counterargument was that your decision not to join on the wagon didn't make sense if you were scum with kantrip then you should've just said that rather then giving us the ring around the rosy.

So explain, how precisely does your choice not to join the wagon somehow make you not scum with kantrip?
It's not a counter-argument, because you don't even have an argument for why I am scum. You have an opinion.

Honestly, if you think I'm scum, why wouldn't I lynch Gheb, then bus the hell out of Kantrip the following Day?

Instead I let Kantrip **** the bed and get himself lynched? I don't even look better on Kantrip's flip!

Maven89

Smash Master
No, one does not need to explain every single possible action a suspect has done, we all know that. We see that scum had a reason to not jump on the Gheb bandwagon. You're using that as your defense, that you didn't jump on the bandwagon. Well, I'm not sure why Potassium didn't, or why you didn't, but as we see that Potassium is scum, you not jumping on the bandwagon doesn't give you town points.

No one is voting you for that, they're just not going to unvote you for that, something that's been explained and I really think you know.

Alright, now here's some Gheb stuff. I was getting much happier with that slot but recently something raised my eye.

[quote="Gheb_01, post: 19334519, member: 120558". I also don't understand why he is supposed to have abilities other than being able to talk with his neighbor - Gorf didn't and I don't either.[/quote]

Problem is, I do, and Gheb knows I do because i told him.

I can pick one person during the night or twilight phase to be in a one-night masonry with me, separate from my Gheb masonry. If I don't pick someone by Night 3 (so if I miss the twilight phase), then 2 people will be chosen at random to be in a a one-night masonry with me.

I told Gheb this, and he responded, so he knows that there's masonries with extra abilities. So why would he use the fact that Jex has an extra ability to throw dirt on him? He knows that I have one. Now I assume his response to this is going to be "I wanted to hide that my masonry buddy had an active ability", but there's ways to do that without using the supposed lack of abilities to throw dirt on a slot. Like just not mentioning it.

We also talked at night, I mentioned being suspicious of Jex, Zalak, Adumb, and Kary, Gheb responded with commentary on the first 3 (Jex is probably going to be vig'd, Adumb might be indy, Zalak is good to keep an eye on), but literally no mention of Kary. He mentioned being really suspicious of Jex, I brought up Kary's defense of Jex being gross, but in the same post mentioned I didn't believe he didn't have other abilities (something I now think is likely, based on Gorf's flip), and his response was only related to the abilities part, which might be telling or it might not be.

Honestly Gheb's use of no one knowing I had an ability to throw dirt on Jex is hella suspect to me. Gheb not responding to any mention of Kary is something that means nothing now but could be relevant on a flip.

I really, really do not like that Zalak came into this day focusing on how I used the word "honestly", that's incredibly minor and with a scum flip with tons of information to go through, I have real trouble figuring out how Zalak could think the fact that I said "honestly" to be the most relevant thing to discuss. Plus, I was under the impression he was joking from the start, since he attacked me for using honestly, then immediately used the word honestly. Was this a joke? He refuses to say but I don't see how it could be anything else.

And, more so, his posts have suddenly dropped into an awkward phase. His images and exaggerations suddenly seem very forced, compared to the more whimsical way they came across before.

I might have been too hasty on clearing Jex, I still find the slot really suspicious. But yeah, I was very against his role claim. But him saying Carl the Llama, his partner being Gorf the Llama, his partner not having an ability, me and gheb being in a masonry with gheb not having an ability...I think it's fairly likely. Plus, I've been wondering for a long time how I could possibly use my night ability effectively, but couldn't think of a way. Now I'm thinking, since Jex might be one of 3 fake vigs, that maybe my ability is not meant to be useful but just exists for fun.

Maven89

Smash Master
With Jex, the main reason I put attention on him in the first place was his claim. With that gone, Jex is just sort of left in limbo, because I don't remember him doing anything scummy beforehand, but I also don't remember him doing anything very townie. Feel free to bring up quotes if you think I'm missing something on him, town or scummy.

Maven89

Smash Master
And Rake makes FML impossible to read and I have no idea how to do so. I'll just admit that someone needs to spell the reads on those slots out for me because I have no idea.

Though yeah, leaning towards bull****. "different heads" sounds like a cop out, the whole point of a hyrda is to play together and you're supposed to try and keep yourself consistent. That could so easily just be a cop out for flipping around. If FML is scum Gheb ain't.

So currently I only have a town read on Detective Hound and Adumbrodeus.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
No, one does not need to explain every single possible action a suspect has done, we all know that. We see that scum had a reason to not jump on the Gheb bandwagon. You're using that as your defense, that you didn't jump on the bandwagon. Well, I'm not sure why Potassium didn't, or why you didn't, but as we see that Potassium is scum, you not jumping on the bandwagon doesn't give you town points.
No, no, no. This (the bolded) is just wrong.

Kantrip was already on the Gheb waggon. I wasn't. Kantrip switched waggons. I didn't.

We can assume that Kantrip had a reason for switching. That reason doesn't apply to me not voting Gheb in the first place.

Is it more or less likely that Kantrip would switch, if his scummate could hammer?

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I can pick one person during the night or twilight phase to be in a one-night masonry with me, separate from my Gheb masonry. If I don't pick someone by Night 3 (so if I miss the twilight phase), then 2 people will be chosen at random to be in a a one-night masonry with me.
Reasoning behind not using this ability already?

Maven89

Smash Master
No, no, no. This (the bolded) is just wrong.
Woops, you're right. I didn't realize he was already voting Gheb

We can assume that Kantrip had a reason for switching.
He didn't want Gheb to die

That reason doesn't apply to me not voting Gheb in the first place.
You didn't vote Gheb because you didn't want Gheb to die

Kary your entire town argument can't rely on you not lynching a semi-suspicious slot we don't have the flip for. Far as I'm concerned your actions with the Gheb stuff is just pure null, no connections being drawn to Kantrip or anything, and you should be able to point to townier things you did.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kantrip and adum went at it. Adum went at kantrip. It's not indicative of bussing to me, but kantrips stuff at gheb was so halfassed and stretched out of nowhere then didn't really get brought up again that it just reads distancing to me
when I think 'distancing' I do not typically think 'try to lynch them for two straight Days'.

Maven89

Smash Master
Reasoning behind not using this ability already?
I was hoping to find a way to make it useful. I briefly considered telling Gheb I was the vig and trusted him, ask him who I should shoot, then send a masonry to someone I town read telling them what I did to wait and see if I got shot, but then 3 people claimed one-shot vig that day so the whole idea was ruined. Then I figured it might relate to an ability Gheb had, but he insisted he had no ability in our masonry.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary your entire town argument can't rely on you not lynching a semi-suspicious slot we don't have the flip for. Far as I'm concerned your actions with the Gheb stuff is just pure null, no connections being drawn to Kantrip or anything, and you should be able to point to townier things you did.
This seems fair.

I am not so much trying to prove that I am town here, more to show that I do not somehow look worse on Kantrip's flip, and otherwise shut down bad arguments for me being scum. For what it's worth I would say my readslist is quite townie, but whatever.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
But that never was the argument for you being scum, and trying to act like it was only makes you worse.

Your play has maintained distraction after distraction, until today you hadn't given a readlist in spite of being asked for it repeatedly, you attempted to shut down conversation, your only real push has been FML, you covered for kantrip's OBVIOUS fakeclaim, you clearly attempted to help my wagon along last game day without committing to it even after explicitly stating I was a townread but annoying and with no major change in how you treated my slot up to then saying only that it was possible I was scum.

You literally intentionally tried to pick a flamewar with me day 1, you don't go further into intentional distraction then that.

This behavior is both anti-town and scummy to the extreme. You have shown an extreme fear of commitment and not jumping onto the gheb wagon at a point where you could be held responsible for it certainly fits that pattern. Alternatively his slot is extremely suspicious and that certainly is a good reason to not want that lynch to be successful.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
you see, at least this is an argument. I mean, you don't really show any balance or ability to evaluate my play, but it is at least an argument.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
you covered for kantrip's OBVIOUS fakeclaim
I should point out that this is not even close to the facts for what it's worth. Kantrip claimed, and then you immediately latched onto his flavor and tried to argue he was scum on those grounds, an argument I disagreed with because it is a bad argument.

If you had argued that he claimed without provocation in an attempt to save himself, and that his play was not consistent with his claim that he was bulletproof, then maybe we would have been on the same page. Instead you latched onto something that was at best slightly telling, then accused me, quite ridiculously, that I was somehow making an excuse for Kantrip.

Maven89

Smash Master
I mean, basically you're scumreading me because you don't like my playstyle.
I mean this line is just atrocious

I should point out that this is not even close to the facts for what it's worth. Kantrip claimed, and then you immediately latched onto his flavor and tried to argue he was scum on those grounds, an argument I disagreed with because it is a bad argument.
This is a complete lie. Adum was already voting Kantrip when he role claimed, and then pointed out that his claim of BP didn't fit with Filmcow Obama, something that was absolutely correct to point out because Kantrip made the whole thing up. You insisted you didn't want to talk about it. You didn't even disagree, all you said was "I could see it" when related to his claim, and that you didn't want to discuss flavor.

you see, at least this is an argument. I mean, you don't really show any balance or ability to evaluate my play, but it is at least an argument.
And then this line sumamrizes Kary's entire defense. There isn't one. It's nothing but insults and things he makes up, with some eye rolls thrown in. Anything to try and shut down the discussion, nothing to try and prove himself. It's garbage.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I mean this line is just atrocious
Nice opinion.

This is a complete lie. Adum was already voting Kantrip when he role claimed, and then pointed out that his claim of BP didn't fit with Filmcow Obama, something that was absolutely correct to point out because Kantrip made the whole thing up. You insisted you didn't want to talk about it. You didn't even disagree, all you said was "I could see it" when related to his claim, and that you didn't want to discuss flavor.
It is not a lie whatsoever.
I never mentioned adum's vote, idk why you bring that up.

because Kantrip flipped scum does not mean that adum was right to dispute Kantrip's claim purely on flavour grounds. For all we know that legitimately could be Kantrip's safeclaim.

I specifically said that I didn't want to talk about flavour, and without Kantrip. I would happily have talked about the points that I just mentioned, but instead I was dragged into some ****ty debate about flavour because adum wanted to accuse me of having a double standard, which I clearly didn't.

And then this line sumamrizes Kary's entire defense. There isn't one. It's nothing but insults and things he makes up, with some eye rolls thrown in. Anything to try and shut down the discussion, nothing to try and prove himself. It's garbage.
Adum doesn't even attempt to reconcile why I would play so 'anti-town' if I was scum. He posts things he doesn't like and then calls me scum for it, it's that simple.

I mean, you are calling me scum based on- what? My defense is eye rolls because your argument is zilch but opinions like 'tries to shut down discussion'. I have done more this game than maybe anyone to generate discussion. You're just wrong.

Maven89

Smash Master
it is not a lie whatsoever.
I never mentioned adum's vote, idk why you bring that up.
Kantrip claimed, and then you immediately latched onto his flavor and tried to argue he was scum on those grounds
See, that line is bull****. Adum was arguing Kantrip was scum long before the claim, so saying that after Kantrip claimed "Adum immediately latched on and used that to say Kantrip was scum" is just a lie, or at best a gross exaggeration which doesn't help you at all.

I would happily have talked about the points that I just mentioned, but instead I was dragged into some ****ty debate about flavour because adum wanted to accuse me of having a double standard, which I clearly didn't.
So, how does Adum asking you something make you unable to post other information?

You didn't post anything about not believing Kantrip because Adumb didn't ask you to? Adum also only addressed you in like 2 posts? Maybe 3? And right afterwards you complained about the lack of activity. That would have been a good time for you to address these points that you couldn't get to due to Adumb's meddling, yes?

iAdum doesn't even attempt to reconcile why I would play so 'anti-town' if I was scum.
Wtf type of an argument is this? "I've been playing so horribly there's no way I could be scum"

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
See, that line is bull****. Adum was arguing Kantrip was scum long before the claim, so saying that after Kantrip claimed "Adum immediately latched on and used that to say Kantrip was scum" is just a lie, or at best a gross exaggeration which doesn't help you at all.
latched onto his flavor

as in, focused only on the flavor of kantrip's claim and ignored the other things related to it.

So, how does Adum asking you something make you unable to post other information?

You didn't post anything about not believing Kantrip because Adumb didn't ask you to? Adum also only addressed you in like 2 posts? Maybe 3? And right afterwards you complained about the lack of activity. That would have been a good time for you to address these points that you couldn't get to due to Adumb's meddling, yes?
because I'm busy replying to adum?

What I wanted to do was ask Kantrip about his claim and the reasons behind it, which is why I said I didn't want to discuss the claim in Kantrip's absence. I was still trying to consider Kanty's claim when I got dragged into some ****ty argument.

Wtf type of an argument is this? "I've been playing so horribly there's no way I could be scum"
That's not even what I'm saying, please.

Adum is saying that I'm being anti-town, and scummy.
Yet surely if I am scum, I would do my best to maintain a pro-town appearance.
Why does he think I am being anti-town as scum?

No explanation.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
This argument against me is really just a joke.

I am scum because I am distracting? Distracting from what? Are all these other slots not posting because they can't get a word in edgeways?

adum goes on to say that:
you have shown an extreme fear of commitment and not jumping onto the gheb wagon at a point where you could be held responsible for it certainly fits that pattern.
Are we really suggesting that I'm scum and I'm terrified of being on a mislynch- even when I have a partner who I can easily bus the following Day if necessary?

Or are we suggesting that I am scum with both Gheb and Kantrip, and for some reason rather than bus Gheb, I decided to let Gheb bus Kantrip, but not get involved myself?

Or is it just more likely that I am town, was hesitant about the Gheb lynch, and then it dissolved before it could happen, and I decided to vote who I thought was more scummy?

Top Bottom