• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Shadow Games Mafia Over: Dgames Doomed

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
For what it's worth, after reading up [specifically the pages ~12-17] I don't think FML deserves any kind of pro-town credit for these "interesting posts" that I believe you're probably referring to. For a moment it started to look like him and Zalak were trying to swing the lynch towards soup which looks kinda bad in retrospect. I don't think soup's justification for joining the Bardull wagon was actually that far off the truth and at least he commited to a clear stance on the slot rather than just sheeping the inactive idea like pretty much everybody else did. Especially after Bardull claimed to be essentially Vanilla there wasn't much of a point in looking elsewhere. FML could very well be scum and I think people seriously need to start reconsider their obvtown reads on Zalak.

:059:
Where exactly did FML try to swing the lynch on soup?

Kantrip

Kantplay
Ehhhhhh. I mean I'm fine with mavens refusal to share the rolename but I don't really fault Kary for asking. JeXs, on the other hand, is gross for asking maven and gheb if they had other abilities directly.

I'm curious as well if Gheb and maven's flavours go together in a way that would fit a neighbour role, but if they don't want to share that information they have every right to refuse.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Ehhhhhh. I mean I'm fine with mavens refusal to share the rolename but I don't really fault Kary for asking. JeXs, on the other hand, is gross for asking maven and gheb if they had other abilities directly.

I'm curious as well if Gheb and maven's flavours go together in a way that would fit a neighbour role, but if they don't want to share that information they have every right to refuse.
Hence my being undecided, he's clearly following kary on this, I'm not sure if he's just fishing because Kary made him think it's a legit line of inquiry or because he's scum and Kary gave him the cover to fish. I remember his scumplay being decently strong from bingo but iirc I was unimpressed with his townplay and grasp of game theory, this means I need to check out his past games.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Rolename =/= absence or presence of other abilities.

JeXs asked his question independently of Kary and Kary's question was nowhere near as rolefishy.

JeXs

Smash Champion
My question has nothing to do with Kary. I have other reasons.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
OK, so according to FML I'm scum because he failed at vigging me. Can we get this nonsense over with yet or is there anything else that needs to be said about this?

Adum, I may or may not get back to you on the FML thing. Right now I need more time to think about whether his claim is a scum gambit or a town gambit or if he's just a complete ****** here. I kinda doubt it's the latter because I don't think Orbo would Rake do something like that. Perhaps you would be somebody who could help me figure things out here? You haven't actually done that much so far and I kinda wanna have your view on that matter ... or anything that isn't related to "Gheb is scum don't ask why just deal with it" in some way.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Why didn't you ask gheb for his flavour though Kary? Did you just assume he wouldn't cooperate?
Maven was there at the time, had posted less, and you would think anyone would be more co-operative than Gheb.

You just ninja'd me, but yes, it literally doesn't matter which one, the point is establishing whether their flavor supports the neighbour claim. And it's not even an important line of inquiry, it's just box-ticking their claim for any discrepancies.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Who the hell would rb us yesterday? That'd be a complete shot in the dark. Like it's pretty low on the totempole. Getting jailed is too because not many thought of us as town.

More likely than a scum BP

I would like to hear more about why you decided to claim at this point,
what you think of Gheb,
the thought process behind shooting Gheb over other slots,
and why you started the Day voting Maven given your 'result'.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
For what it's worth, I can definitely see this as a scum gambit from FML. I want to think it through a bit more, because honestly it seems pretty loose from either alignment. But it's leaning pretty scummy.

OK, so according to FML I'm scum because he failed at vigging me. Can we get this nonsense over with yet or is there anything else that needs to be said about this?
I take it you don't have anything that would confirm them shooting you?

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Rolename =/= absence or presence of other abilities.

JeXs asked his question independently of Kary and Kary's question was nowhere near as rolefishy.
The entire point of a rolename is to convey role, eg soup's role name was town tracker.

To clarify it she should've asked for flavor name, instead she asked for something entirely different.

Though to be fair I realized I misread the exchange initially, rereading make me unsure if she was just using the terminology incorrectly or was expanding the inquiry due to maven's stubbornness.

I still don't like the former on a slot simply because it had an ability claim when it could potentially have others, but it's not as bad.

@ #HBC | Kary #HBC | Kary care to clarify which you intended?

My question has nothing to do with Kary. I have other reasons.
My point was that you thought it was acceptable to fish because of Kary but if Kary didn't make you think it was acceptable... why exactly did you ask for ability claims from a slot that's not about to potentially be lynched.

And ya, let's here some reads, that would be great.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
More likely than a scum BP
I would like to hear more about why you decided to claim at this point,
what you think of Gheb,
the thought process behind shooting Gheb over other slots,
and why you started the Day voting Maven given your 'result'.
If it is true, it's more likely if he's specifically an indy SK.

Adum, I may or may not get back to you on the FML thing. Right now I need more time to think about whether his claim is a scum gambit or a town gambit or if he's just a complete ****** here. I kinda doubt it's the latter because I don't think Orbo would Rake do something like that. Perhaps you would be somebody who could help me figure things out here? You haven't actually done that much so far and I kinda wanna have your view on that matter ... or anything that isn't related to "Gheb is scum don't ask why just deal with it" in some way.

Digging at my credibility while trying to look like you're extending a hand, cute.

Answer my question and I'll give you my thoughts on fml's claim.

Detective Sherlock Hound

Dooms|Red Ryu
I don't see the point of this as a scum gambit.
Do you see the point of this as a town gambit? I honestly can't believe that someone would do this just to get a reaction from a slot such as Gheb who is either going to ignore it altogether or be condescending as hell about it and pretty much ignore it anyways.

I can't understand what FML is doing at all, and as of late I don't like their play. I could probably see the gambit going as either alignment though (it doesn't make sense as either).

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I thought you were informed when people RBed you?
Around here, not normally.

Something about Kary is bugging me. It seems like he's been avoiding a confrontation with me since day 1. He hasn't given a response to any of my real accusations.
This just isn't true, dude. You said that I was mafia, and I told you that I wasn't. That's a pretty clear response right there.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I clearly asked Maven for his FLAVOR. TWICE.
If you're seriously suggesting that makes me fishing for other powers he might have, you are having a laugh.
Kary, you honestly could be. After you know their flavor, all it takes is a little filmcow research to get a pretty good idea of what someone's role might be. I find it hard to believe that both you AND Kantrip would fail to realize this.
This just isn't true, dude. You said that I was mafia, and I told you that I wasn't. That's a pretty clear response right there.
that was a FAKE accusation. it was backed by NOTHING

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Kary, you honestly could be. After you know their flavor, all it takes is a little filmcow research to get a pretty good idea of what someone's role might be. I find it hard to believe that both you AND Kantrip would fail to realize this.
I will concede that I could be. But the point is, I'm not, and it's not even close that I am.

I don't know **** about this flavour, but claiming that you're neighbours, but not claiming whichever character/flavor you are, is pretty ridiculous from where I'm sitting. Although pretty ridiculous is apparently the norm for this game.

that was a FAKE accusation. it was backed by NOTHING
It was fake? I would never have guessed! :eek:

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I don't see the point of it from either perspective but I'd like to think that as scum he could gain more of the whole gambit than as a townie.
Does Maven know anything more about your role than the rest of the thread, and vice versa? This is to do with possible motives for FML.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
It was fake? I would never have guessed! :eek:
Why did you bring it up? I clearly said "REAL ACCUSATIONS". Why do you keep doing this? Your plays seem fairly normal (for the most part) when you're talking about other people, but when we start talking about you, you become as unproductive as can be.

ALSO, Gheb was the one to reveal the neighborhood, not Maven. Why did you ask for Maven's flavor instead of Gheb's?

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
You ARE being unhelpful, I asked a question, is it so much to ask that you answer it?
You shouldn't withhold your thoughts on FML's claim just because Gheb isn't cooperating with you. I'm pretty sure everyone would like to hear your thoughts, not just Gheb.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
mafia + indy SK + town vig, and only one person died last Night?
You're right, another indy stripe is more likely if that's how it worked unless gheb got jailed in which case his indyness wouldn't matter anyway. Or he got separately roleblocked.

I agree with you it seems more plausible the fail has nothing to do with alignment at this juncture, I don't necessarily think he's lying though.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
You shouldn't withhold your thoughts on FML's claim just because Gheb isn't cooperating with you. I'm pretty sure everyone would like to hear your thoughts, not just Gheb.
His entire earlier case hinges on this assertion though, I'd substantially prefer he answer it before moving on.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Why did you bring it up? I clearly said "REAL ACCUSATIONS". Why do you keep doing this? Your plays seem fairly normal (for the most part) when you're talking about other people, but when we start talking about you, you become as unproductive as can be.

ALSO, Gheb was the one to reveal the neighborhood, not Maven. Why did you ask for Maven's flavor instead of Gheb's?
I'm just not interested in discussing why I might be scum. I don't recall you accusing me of anything that's particularly scummy, but if it's a big deal to you, then show me these accusations. If you admit you're throwing fake accusations at me, you can't expect me to go out of my way to answer everything you post.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Actually just read back and you'll see why I'm harping on this so much.

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
I'm just not interested in discussing why I might be scum. I don't recall you accusing me of anything that's particularly scummy, but if it's a big deal to you, then show me these accusations. If you admit you're throwing fake accusations at me, you can't expect me to go out of my way to answer everything you post.
Why do you phrase it like that? The point of discussing your levels of scummyness is to give people more peace of mind. If you cooperate and answer questions directed towards you, provided you are not scum, you should begin to come off as less scummy, which helps the town.... provided you are not scum.

defending yourself before being accused? why are you so worried... kira?
Why was the only accusation of mine on page 18 that you didn't respond to? Did you not think I was serious?

Top Bottom