• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

fighting without grabs

Rykard

Smash Ace
hey i recently picked up ice climbers and have been experiementing a lot with all the crazy chain grab stuff and grab combos that they can pull off.

however, in many of the matches that ive played as them, i find it very difficult to get a kill or even rack up a decent amount of damage when i am unable to land a grab on my opponent.

so basically, what are som tips you guys can give me that will improve my game and chances of winning when grabbing is completely out of the picture?

LaserBust

Smash Journeyman
De-Synch. Smell it, breath it, Master it. Its awesome. Its the nex best thing. Ice chasing (De-synch > B > Chase) Iz a very good approach. So r solo squalls and Blizz workz 2 I suppose.

I kno meh fav. combo 2 do iz De-Synched Ib > Solo Blizz > Solo Squall > Utilt > Uair. Its jus 2 beasty. Of course its escapable wit good DI tho. Usualy I only do Blizz OR Squall, gettn both iz a lil risky eh.
U have many possibilities and u shud jus go wit the flow really.

The quickest Desynch I use personally is the Pivoted IB. So ye.. 4 spacing I use the roll/grab 1. (Idk the name) Its the erm, Z + Roll at same time. But ye, u shud kno these, if not read t3h guide.

Also try Chain-Smashing 4 the kill, jus dun overdo it :p.

Fr3nchD3vilDawg

Smash Rookie
indeed buddy De-Sync Purifies ur IC Climbers ^^ On the slow and steady **** them with grabs on the fast and agilit De-Sync its Rapage =)

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Aerials. N-air for fast approaches, B-air for foes behind you or if you do the 'moonwalk' technique and F-air if you're attacking from above. De-syncs are really helpful as well, this is just another general tip. ICs have incredible air-play. Psy.

Corner-Trap

Smash Ace
1) Learn to desynch.

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=159767

2) Learn to approach.
-Shoot an ice block and chase after it
-SH into blizzard
-Squall hammer with both IC's

3) Learn to camp.
-Alternate ice blocks
-Alternate SH blizzards

4) Learn to edgeguard.