• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Game night at Game Universe!! Every Tuesday

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
How does the idea for a $2 tournament winner-take-all sound?
Zoso and I were discussing it last night on the way back from NH.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Give prizes to a couple lower people (like second and third get their money back or something), so it doesn't boil down to handing money to the best player in the room. I'd love to run some round robin pools or something, to get people to play new faces and actually let some people get better at this game.

I'd rather make these about increasing the ability of the community and playing new people, instead of traditional tournament shenanigans. We get enough of that at tournaments.

Spife

Smash Master
Give prizes to a couple lower people (like second and third get their money back or something), so it doesn't boil down to handing money to the best player in the room. I'd love to run some round robin pools or something, to get people to play new faces and actually let some people get better at this game.

I'd rather make these about increasing the ability of the community and playing new people, instead of traditional tournament shenanigans. We get enough of that at tournaments.
All of this is true, it would almost be smarter to just give me the money (cause I'll be the best in the room) instead of entering.
Also, second part of post is winnar.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
I'll come.

Probably going to ask WeaponX to pick Bella up from her house and I'll get picked up from Alewife with Relax.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
This looks like the biggest night so far. Get hype.

Round robin will probably start around 7:30 - 8:00, gives people time to show up and play a bit before. Crews directly after. Money situations have yet to be determined, but a $1-2 buy-in for the round robin sounds pretty fair.

Almo

Smash Ace
This looks like the biggest night so far. Get hype.

Round robin will probably start around 7:30 - 8:00, gives people time to show up and play a bit before. Crews directly after. Money situations have yet to be determined, but a $1-2 buy-in for the round robin sounds pretty fair.
****. my last tuesday here and i'm working lol. don't think i'll be able to stop by after work either. record videos for me? :)

Prawn

Smash Master
I might go and try to learn melee.....

you're all so intimidating though QQ

omnicloud7strife

Smash Apprentice
I come by, now and then. So, perhaps I'll be there next week. Unless I actually get a job!? ZOMG WHAT?!

Anyways, if I'm there, I'm always willing to SSBM Smash. Because, SSBB is more like gently tapping your opponent, and not SMASHING THEM.

For references, see: C.Falcon KNEE!

:3 I'll make it if I can. When I can.

MattDotZeb

Smash Hero
Friday?
Today? .....

wish I knew ahead of time.
I'm leaving for wisconsin on this tuesday and wont be back till the 28/29 =(

SOMEBODY DO SOMETHING TOMORROW.

WeaponBD

Smash Cadet
Anyone heading over there tonight? If so what time, I'm looking to start early and play forever.

Greene Archer

Smash Ace
Yeah, a few people. Most people are in the other thread at this point, just click the image in my sig and it'll link you there.

Time to add some more obligatory text so my signature actually shows up. la de da.

Top Bottom