• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fighting Bowser

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
I generally have a hard time fighting Bowser in this game, so I thought maybe you guys could help me a bit. Any tips?

By the way, feel free to ask me anything you wish to know about my situation or what I want to know.

Last edited:

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
What issues specifically are you having with him? He's quite a bit different in this game compared to others, but hes still easy to juggle, has tons of ending lag, and limited options if forced to approach.

Anragon

Smash Apprentice
1. Don't rush him and force him to approach if you have the tools to do so (it seems you play Daraen so you have projectiles)
2. Wait and move carefully around his attacks to punish his cooldowns (which be difficult if he pokes you with his Jab 1).
3. If he is at the edge hogging it, you can punish him a lot since his options are limited and some have a lot of lag.
4. Number 1. rule is the golden rule
5. Don't shield his Down-B and always roll away after you blocked the initial hit (punish him hard also)
6. Respect his new speed and his metal-made arms and legs
7. Don't ever try to compete with his U-smash
8. Combo him to no end if you get the possbility. Also he has very few options to hit you if you stand at a 45° angle below so you can juggle him more and punish his landings

9. If he gets a Side-B on you, try to kill him by controlling the fly of the slam and sending it off-stage because Bowsercide is ****ed up in 1.04 version

10. I'm not the best bowser so other Bowser mains maybe will tell you more about Bowser weaknesses or correct what I just said.

Hope this helps !

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
What issues specifically are you having with him? He's quite a bit different in this game compared to others, but hes still easy to juggle, has tons of ending lag, and limited options if forced to approach.
Anragon has already kindly answered all of my issues with his post, but thanks for your attention!

BTW, I no longer play Daraen but I have projectiles anyway, so it doesn't matter

Last edited:

Netherfall

Smash Cadet
NNID
bambamboombop
3DS FC
1822-1445-5706
Only thing I'd add is to respect his Fire Breath. Space it just beyond his range or jump over it and punish accordingly.

Top Bottom