• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
Anybody else think that maybe we should all research how Fox can DI out of certain chain grabs? I'm pretty sure that if we do research on it we'll be able to avoid a hefty sum of damage.

Sukai

Smash Champion
Anybody else think that maybe we should all research how Fox can DI out of certain chain grabs? I'm pretty sure that if we do research on it we'll be able to avoid a hefty sum of damage.
Fox can DI out of grabs!?
I-I mean--.......Fox can DI out of grabs!?
Enough to avoid being grabbed again!?
I doubt it, I remember my futile attempts to escape chain grabs with DI, good times.

Down tilt is underrated, it has it's uses.
I like to throw one in from time to time for variety.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
Quarter Circle DI can sometimes screw your opponent up, but don't count on it.

WULFN

Smash Apprentice
i just did some testing with powershielding, and made some quick videos.

powershielding is seriously too good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmxBH1MjWJA simple things powershielded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4_zAJcQHvJ0 the peak of powershielding, Hyper shielding :p
(also has a little bit at the end on the reflector)
i have been out of the smash bros meta latly (much hasnt changed -_-) but this looks legit. is it like powershielding in melee, or are you joshing us with a "code of some sort" If not, please explain how to do it :)

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to definitely try out some powershielding looks a bit tough to pull of in an actual competitive match but still.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
i have been out of the smash bros meta latly (much hasnt changed -_-) but this looks legit. is it like powershielding in melee, or are you joshing us with a "code of some sort" If not, please explain how to do it :)
lol. no codes involved.

In the vids when i was "HYPER" shielding i was actually buffering the next powershield.

but even so "HYPER" shielding is rediculess

Powershielding is so easy in Brawl, it's ludicrous.
I can't wait till we have fights consisting of a TON of powershields,

This is gonna be crazy when it become a larger part of the metagame.

Like how in melee if you missed an L-cancel you would be wrecked so hard,
well for brawl it would be if you miss a powershield you get messed up pretty bad.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I doubt the meta game would do much with this, considering one of two things;
Brawl is basically baiting, punishing and grabs.
Two, the metagame is just Meta Knight.

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
I doubt the meta game would do much with this, considering one of two things;
Brawl is basically baiting, punishing and grabs.
Two, the metagame is just Meta Knight.
xD

I'd be cool if this becomes part of the metagame but I still question its true practicality.

Gotham7

Smash Apprentice
I was playing with my friend and I just found it too hard to pull of the correct timing and it also leads you susceptible to a grab or a hit if you mess up.

Toronto Joe

Smash Master
you'd have to have some killer reflexes and prediction skills to be able to perfect sheild almost every move and projectile, but there are some freaks in the smash community

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
you'd have to have some killer reflexes and prediction skills to be able to perfect sheild almost every move and projectile, but there are some freaks in the smash community
ya, you look at some of the insanity in melee, and you find that powershielding tons of stuff in brawl iss easier than a LOT of the stuff in melee

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
does anyone do OoS Nair sometimes? i was doing it unintentionally in friendlies today, i was still in peach mode, and it had some effect, but i think thats mostly cause that player sucked.

Lightning93

Smash Champion
I'm pretty good with power shielding projectiles and moves that take a while to land (Falco's Fsmash), but I tend not to risk the ps in case of a grab. Powershielding does not stop Pikachu's wrath.

@ Jiggly, I'm sure its a good option to have if your opponent is out of OoS grab range, but if he is I would stick to punishing with a grab.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
does anyone do OoS Nair sometimes? i was doing it unintentionally in friendlies today, i was still in peach mode, and it had some effect, but i think thats mostly cause that player sucked.
Also without doing it OoS. It's a useful tactic, especially for retreat.

Sukai

Smash Champion
I love Neutral air, it's just great.

I decided to make a quick video of the type of brawl game play I envision.

Behold
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv6NadH0uEQ
Good, good.
Now replace that with two Meta Knights , at least one of them planking.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Up smash ***** peach. You can like, laser her until she gets to you then usmash her and she'll die. every time.

I GUARANTEE IT.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Let's not start picture spamming.

SCOTU's picture was 100% applicable.

As is this one.

Pikachu's upsmash also completely ***** Peach as well. I always liked how Pikachu's upsmash was just a carbon-copy of Fox's except weaker.

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
Speaking of 64 smash attacks, was I the only guy that was super pissed when they changed Fox's F-smash from the double leg flying spinny kick of doom to the roundhouse kick.

That smash attack was freaking sweet.

Top Bottom