• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FGD~ Time to get SHTL done

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
Snow on Mt. Silver. Undead Vaporeon. Stuff like that. It's pretty creepy. And I found the cure, it's Bob Ross. Just watch a few episodes of the Joy of Painting and you're good to go.

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
Some of them are just downright demented. You wouldn't expect that from Pokemon. The only Creepypastas I read are video game based. Like Ben Drowned. That's a popular one.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
So just video game ones? Well, I don't know about creepypastas because I never heard of it until you talked about it to be honest...

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
Oh, it's basically made up horror stories designed to scare people. I don't know who coined the phrase creepypasta.

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
I don't know how pasta and creepy bunched together came to refer something like that. Probably something to do with what the first person who coined the term was eating at the time.....

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
My mobile data connection too insecure (fluctuating depending on how I hold it and such) to give me bufferless stream :/

DeadRabbit

Smash Rookie
Wassup Fox people. My younger brother is trying to get into competitive Brawl as a Fox main with me, and I want to ask some advice on his behalf (he doesn't have an account). I have read through the guides for him, but it is very technical for a beginner like him (and as a D3 main, I can't give him any relevant advice), and so I was wondering if you could all give me your brief ideas of the essentials of competitive Fox play. He knows how to play Fox btw, but not at the level needed for the Houston scene. I would greatly appreciate any advice, as I am a horrible teacher, and I understand this is where the masters chat. Btw if this is a post better put in the guide areas, I apologize. Thanks.

ScubaF_ingSteve

I eat stickers all the time, dude!
NNID
ScubaSteve94
I'm new to fox, I really want to learn him because he seems like such a cool technical character that I can practice as the brawl scene is dead around here. I've got SHTL down pat but I can't chain them. Like I can do it once, but I can't do it immediately afterwards or I mess it up, I have to have a sort of reset instead of a constantly SHTL that I want. Any tips from you guys?

JPUF

Smash Rookie
I'm wondering how you should learn Illusion Cancelling, Is there a better way than just repeating it over until you have it in your muscle memory?

Disaster Master

Smash Journeyman
...........................................This thread V ................................................................................... All the foxes V

I.S FoxMkloud

Smash Ace
Well,first of all, welcome back Uzi. And I honestly have nothing to say about that new edge mechanics. Kind of hard to put them in words :/

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
So I finally decided to re-log back into smash boards after the site got hacked and we kept getting that gateway 501 error.

The second I logged in I felt the urge to go back to page one of the FGD. Oh man, the discussions we had back then =).

LOL at Flamedashing xD Us Foxes were so troll.

M@v

Subarashii!
I've gotten a flamedash kill in an actual match during my Brawl career. I still know that's something 95% of you can't say.

M@v

Subarashii!
Flamedashing an essentially worthless Brawl Advanced Technique where Fox can FireFox horizontally into a steep slope (example, the rock slope on pokemon stadium 2), which cancels the firefox into a slide (basically its just like a wavedash) and he can initiate any move out of it instantly. It sounds great...except for the whole having to do Firefox to do it.

Last edited:

NeverKnowsBest

Monochrome Like A Panda
OMG. Seeing M@v and RPK post just made my day.

I used to hate you M@v! Haha not really hate just troll hate cause you left us for Falco and still called yourself a Fox main xD

M@v

Subarashii!
I left fox for maybe a year tops. For like the last couple years of brawl I used them both. Tbh I never really felt I had a main the last couple years of brawl...most people thought my falco was my best but I used a fox/falco/mk/marth meatgrinder mix. Falco was never as fun as Fox...you HAVE to play Falco passively to harness what makes him a top tier character.

Last edited:
Top Bottom