• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FG dead or is it just me?

xZaggin

Banned via Warnings
I'm currently living abroad where there is no smash scene whatsoever, or at least it appears that way. So I've ended up playing on for glory a lot, up until 2 weeks ago I noticed something was up. I was waiting for 5 min to find a partner, literally getting matched with the 5 people for the following week. If they weren't on I wouldn't be able to play at all. I'm guessing I reached a really high level of play that they only match me with those players (they play really well).

I decided to save my save file and create a new one in order to actually be able to find a match but it was even worse, once in a while I got matched up with typical FG noobs but other than that it was just dead. There's no activity going on whatsoever - it went from waiting 6 seconds to find a player to straight up waiting 20 min with my 3DS on the side and eventually giving up closing it.

Am I the only one experiencing this?

xZaggin

Banned via Warnings
Man that's ****ing bull****.
Seeing how I've been trying for 2 weeks now I'm really curious how long it'll take to be lifted....

KirbCider

Smash Ace
Just like H HYP3R has stated you sound to be stuck within BanLand.

Man that's ****ing bull****.
Seeing how I've been trying for 2 weeks now I'm really curious how long it'll take to be lifted....
The flawed Report system may be to blame, so yeah it kind of is.

People can report you for anything as the system is automatic rather than moderated. If they didn't like your playstyle, the character you chose to play, didn't like that it lagged, or even didn't like that you won, ANYTHING that happens can get you reported if the player is just that unhappy with you. It's been a big discussion and has been brought up numerous times so it's definitely an issue.

Luckily enough I don't think I've been banned yet; however I'm unsure of if I've ever been reported either. I'm normally on my best behavior on For Glory, but like I mentioned anyone can report you for anything even if you do nothing. Nobody is safe sadly enough.

As for how long it'll take? From what I read it depends on how many times you've been banned.

The best option is to avoid Online Modes until you are unbanned though, as I heard even banned players can still report each other.

EmpireCrusher203

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3926-7161-9170
Sorry to say this m8, but you're in For Glory hell. Although I've never been in it myself, my friend has cough Little Mac spamming cough

Dont worry, it occasionally happens to everyone, since FG is littered with salty 12-year-olds.

Big Moose

Smash Cadet
It's entirely possible that it's an issue with the servers. I was beginning to suspect I was in Banland as well but a friend of mine who hasn't played the game in months is having the same issue. Nintendo just started emergency server maintenance so we can see if that resolves anything.

Top Bottom