• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Female sucks at melee. Momey match me at Pound 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Actually saying "the girls who play this game are on average worse than the guys" is not sexist, it's a comparison of gender and tournament results. What would be sexist would be to say "women cannot be good at this game" because that implies that if every female played this game, and every male played this game, males would be overall better, and there's no reason to believe that. "Female sucks at melee" ("Females suck at melee" actually) implies the former, that at the present, women are worse than men at this game. Which is true, it doesn't say it's impossible for women to better at this game, if more of them played, it's just that our culture purports the average woman to be less interested in video games than the average man, and therefore, there is simply a much smaller database of information.

In conclusion OP isn't sexist. However, he will still get ***** by Lady Legion (Maybe not milktea though, she doesn't really play anymore) and is a flaming troll and is doing this simply to bother the lot of you.

However, you have only 2 days to wait to see him. If 5 days from now, no one saw VBM at the tourney, and he posts to say he got into a car crash or some ****, he's a flaming troll.

Rain(ame)

Smash Champion
Big deal, Jman got beaten by a Pikachu. Anyone can beat that kid.
So what does that say about the people that JMan beats in tournament? Invalid argument. As a matter of fact...that argument fails....HARD. What about when JMan wins tournaments? FAIL.

It's not about being *****, I'm just doing this to prove a point. I'm not doing it because I want to make money. There is a bigger point ebhind this than there is MMing you or Jman.

Haha, that's dumb. Even Samochan from now would get ***** by Ken from 3 years ago, and she sure as hell couldn't beat Captain Jack.
You really seem like you're contradicting yourself. You can get someone to play serious if it's not a MM. You're insulting someone's pride. Which is greater than money. However. IF you are willing to MM these girls. You should be able to MM Lovage...if it's not about the money.

Also...your speculation is funny. That's all it is...speculation. Ignorance at it's best. We all do it at times. "If so-and-so did such-and-such/had such-and-such/played so-and-so They'd lose/win." You're just dead serious about something you DON'T know what will happen.

I think nobody is gonna moMey match you.
Probably. This whole thing is stupid really. I'm starting to doubt the validity of him being a mad cool person IRL. Still....we'll see. I don't judge until I've seen it with my own eyes.

Do yourself a favor VBM...stop trying to be so self-righteous and just be chill. Because it's just not looking good right now.

Smash Ace
2nLio, I'd take you up on that if I were a betting man. I'd bet that VBM's not going to Pound 4, or any other tournaments. He's not gonna get wrecked by her; he's never gonna play her. Now let's stop feeding him and hope that blatant sexism is enough to get his sorry *** perma-banned.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
So what does that say about the people that JMan beats in tournament? Invalid argument. As a matter of fact...that argument fails....HARD. What about when JMan wins tournaments? FAIL.
The argument doesn't fail at all, you've just completely missed the point. I'm not saying Jman sucks, tournament results alone prove that isn't so. I simply saying anyone is capable of beating him, as even Pikachus can do it. There is a a difference between sucking and being able to lose toe everyone.

You really seem like you're contradicting yourself. You can get someone to play serious if it's not a MM. You're insulting someone's pride. Which is greater than money. However. IF you are willing to MM these girls. You should be able to MM Lovage...if it's not about the money..
If you were poor(like I am) you wouldn't think that way. Money isn't less improtant than pride. Also I'm not interested in hurting the pride of these girls, I'm just trying to illuistrate that females aren't good at this game, I can illustrate this by ****** girls at this game, I illustrate nothing if I beat Lovage. Surely you can see the error in your logic here, and I didn't contradict myself at all, you read something wrong.

Also...your speculation is funny. That's all it is...speculation. Ignorance at it's best. We all do it at times. "If so-and-so did such-and-such/had such-and-such/played so-and-so They'd lose/win." You're just dead serious about something you DON'T know what will happen..
True, but my opponent did the same thing. I guess there is now way for either of us to prove our point.

Probably. This whole thing is stupid really. I'm starting to doubt the validity of him being a mad cool person IRL. Still....we'll see. I don't judge until I've seen it with my own eyes.

Do yourself a favor VBM...stop trying to be so self-righteous and just be chill. Because it's just not looking good right now.
What? I'm a mad cool guy irl, just ask HBK. I do not have a self-righteous attitude, you're reading too much into my posts. Also I'm a really cool guy on the boards too.

Virusbluemage

Banned via Warnings
On a side note I'm really happy people are starting to admit girls can't compare to guys in this game. I guess I was wrong about the Smash community being over chivalrous to the point of abondoning reason. I'm impressed.

#HBC | Dancer

The nicest of the damned.
Lady Legion would is very good at this game, I think she could take vbm.

Also

All of you in both camps are idiots. TC is an idiot because if one guy beats every girl, it doesn't mean the average girl is worse than the average guy. For instance, if I show you pomegranate that is bigger than any orange you've ever seen, can you reasonably conclude that the average pomegranate is larger than the average orange? No matter how many MMs you win against girls, the only hypothesis you can support is that you are better than girls at this game.

TC's opponents are idiots because gender differences are not the same as sexism, so don't call them out as such. "Girls suck" may be a crude way to put it, but ultimately the sentence translates into "girls are on average worse at this game than guys." That is a gender difference, not a stereotype. And you all are morons too to suggest that if a girl beats TC it refutes the overwhelming existing evidence in support of his claim.

This is what happens when people don't think rationally. The world turns into the blind shouting at the deaf.
Tell it like it is Slashtap.

Gamefaqs represent.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
VBM, why don't you MM DJN's Pikachu, or Axe's (if he's coming). If you lose then anyone can beat you by your logic.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
God this thread is ********

VBM you're ********.

And Irish Mafia, you're also really dumb.

Samo would not beat any 07 marth lmfao stop posting.

The next time you guys want to bash your faces onto your keyboard until pretty words show up, don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom