• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 8, 2014] SSBM Trial #1 (SSBM Tournament) Semi-Formal Dress Code... (San Francisco, CA)

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord

Brought to you by the Gaming Oriented Students of Hastings (GOSH), this is a tournament designed to raise funds for our club. More importantly, this is an event to serve the interests of our community. Let's make this a great event by having a great turn-out, spreading the word, and bringing set-ups.

Register here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqyUgtlhJxx8dG9SRHpyaWhZSlFUaGhBazVNcHVTMXc&usp=sharing

Fees:

Doubles - $5 each player ($10 each team)
Singles - $5 each player
Venue - $5 each player

Schedule:

Doubles starts at 11pm
Singles starts at 4pm

Set-Ups:

We currently have two tvs in the venue. Please bring set-ups, and if you can't bring a full set-up, then bring your GameCube/Wiis with SSBM copy.
Please bring extension cords if you have any.

Venue:

This will take place in the Skyroom on the 24th floor of the McAllister Tower. Your name should be on the list already in order to gain access to the Skyroom without any trouble.

Directions:

The most convenient method of travel is by BART and getting off the Civic Center stop.

If you are driving here, then you can park in the parking garage located at 376 Larkin St. San Francisco, CA 94102 for a certain fee. Talk to me when you are leaving if you want a special price of $9 parking for the entire day (I have to show my ID for you to get the special fare).

Special Rules:

1. DO NOT TALK ABOUT PRIZES. ANOTHER CLUB FAILED TO FOLLOW THIS RULE AND PEOPLE GOT ARRESTED. STFU. I'M SERIOUS. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE PROVIDED.
2. If there are more than 120 people, then I will have to send the others to the Mezannine (space is just as big). Mezannine is the floor between the 1st and 2nd floor.
3. No drinking or consumption of alcohol before 5pm. Silly administrative rule, but save the drinking for the later part of the day.
4. No smoking
5. No red wine
6. Please wear semi-formal attire. At the least, NO T-SHIRTS.
7. Hygiene Rule: At least try to wear deodorant and shower the same day. If you smell, then I'll make you stay in the other room (Mezzanine).
8. We cannot serve alcohol to you guys, but you can pick up alcohol for yourselves if we provide them.

Game Rules: (Taken from Apex 2014 SSBM rules)

Singles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:

Pokemon Stadium

Doubles Stage List
Starters/Neutrals:

Yoshi’s Story
Pokemon Stadium
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land

Counterpick:

DK 64

General Rules

Items are set to off
Stock and time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively
Wobbling is legal. Wobbling past 250% will be considered stalling and is not allowed.
Double Blind: If elected
Contest Port Priority: If elected
Neutral Start: If elected
DSR: You cannot counter pick to any stage you have won on ever.
Gentleman’s Clause: Any stage may be played on if both players agree to it. This rule takes priority over DSR. Players may NOT agree to change the number of matches to be played.
Forced Character Selection: Off
Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count. A player/team may not counterpick to the stage they last won on. This includes the first match won via stage striking.

Additional Rules for Teams Play

Team Attack: ON
If the game is paused accidentally while attempting to steal a life, the opposing team may deem that life forfeit. Wait until the announcer has finished saying defeated before pressing start, or turn pause off prior to beginning the match.

How to Play a Set

Players select their characters. Either player may elect to Double Blind
Use Stage Striking to determine the first stage
The players play the first match of the set
Winning player of the preceding match bans a stage/stages (if applicable).
For Best of 3 sets, each player gets 1 stage ban.
For Best of 5 sets, there are no stage bans.
The losing player of the preceding match picks a stage for the next match.
The winning player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The losing player of the preceding match may choose to change characters.
The next match is played.
Repeat Steps for all subsequent matches.

Thanks guys for your interest and support! I hope to see you guys here!!!

Last edited:

Zalak

Smash Lord
NNID
Zalak123
Can't make it to this tourny, but it's awesome to see more tournaments in the pacific west.

Keep it up, Smashboards!

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
sounds good! If you can't find parking on the street, then i can pay $9 for your parking since you would be bringing a lot of setups.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
Register here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AqyUgtlhJxx8dG9SRHpyaWhZSlFUaGhBazVNcHVTMXc&usp=sharing

Special Rules:

1. DO NOT TALK ABOUT PRIZES. ANOTHER CLUB FAILED TO FOLLOW THIS RULE AND PEOPLE GOT ARRESTED. STFU. I'M SERIOUS. SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS WILL BE PROVIDED.
2. If there are more than 120 people, then I will have to send the others to the Mezannine (space is just as big). Mezannine is the floor between the 1st and 2nd floor.
3. No drinking or consumption of alcohol before 5pm. Silly administrative rule, but save the drinking for the later part of the day.
4. No smoking
5. No red wine
6. Please wear semi-formal attire. At the least, NO T-SHIRTS.
7. Hygiene Rule: At least try to wear deodorant and shower the same day. If you smell, then I'll make you stay in the other room (Mezzanine).
8. We cannot serve alcohol to you guys, but you can pick up alcohol for yourselves if we provide them.

Peño

Smash Rookie
would it be possible to just come and hang out? I'd be happy to pay the venue fee and abide by the dress code, I'm just a garbage player...

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
As long as you register and pay the venue fee. Careful, 110 is supposed to be the max capacity for hanging out in the Skyroom. If you are over the 110 count, then you can only be in the other room.

Last edited:

Berble

Smash Apprentice
Will there be setups to play friendlies on? Also, is the Mezzanine just for hanging out if you're not playing matches and there's too many people in the Skyroom or will there be setups there too?

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
There will be 1-2 setups at the Mezzanine. People who registered late (beyond registree #111) will have to stay in the Mezzanine unless they can convince someone in the Skyroom to switch. People in the Skyroom can hang out in the Mezzanine.

Top Bottom