• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 7, 2015] Melee Hell Weekly #0

authura

Smash Rookie
Bracket and sign up on Challonge; /MHweekly0

Feb 7, 2015 7pm EST, Check in 6:30pm

This is a test run for a weekly tournament to see how smoothly things run and to clear up the inevitable setbacks before hosting on a weekly basis. For anyone who is unfamiliar to Melee Netplay and needs to set it up, refer to the Smashboards Melee Netplay thread. In the AR codes of your Melee iso, you're gonna want to have Global Melee Netplay Settings turned on. The AR codes can be found in the properties of the iso in the Dolphin menu.

Rules are standard tournament fare; 4 stock, 8 minutes, best of 3 until semis, where it will be best of 5 to Grand Finals. Game 1 will random a neutral stage. Winner can strike one stage.

Legal Stages :

Yoshi's Story
Fountain of Dreams
Battlefield
Final Destination
Dream Land (N64)
Pokemon Stadium

Counterpicks can be any of the legal stages. Players cannot pick a stage they have won on previously in the set. So, pretty basic, nothing out of the ordinary.

Assuming I can get things set up properly in time, I'll probably stream most if not all of the tournament. In the event that your match is not streamed or the tournament isn't streamed at all, players will have to report the results of their set, either to the bracket, or to me. Most likely though, I'll at least be directly spectating the matches.

For now, the grand prize will be the pride you wield after conquering your foes in battle. Future events will have a more proper award when this is more stable and smooth.

Last edited:
Top Bottom