• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 13, 3:05pm EST] To Love or to Smash [Streamed Event] [Prize Pool] [Update]Git Famous

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Communication and Streaming channel:

Twitch Link: www.twitch.tv/lightsoul101
bracket link: http://challonge.com/hc6em2zo

RULES
Smash For Wii U
Settings: 2 Stock, 6 Minute Time Limit, Items Off, Best 2 of 3
Semi-Final match(Subject to change to 2 of 3 depending on turn out) - Grand Finals will be Best 3 of 5
Miis/Customs: NO (No debates)

Please record all of your matches. Not only will I record your matches and post them on my YouTube channel but they could also come in handy if any issues were to come up.

STAGES
Stage selection is as followed:

Starter:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Town & City
Dreamland 64

Counter:

Kongo Jungle 64
Umbra Clock
Delfino Plaza
Lylat Cruise
Duck Hunt
Halberd

Banning and Counter Picks: There are 11 available stages during this tournament. As such banning and counter picks will take place as such.

Starter Pick: Higher seed will ban 1 stage, lower seed will ban 2 stages and finally higher seed will pick from the remaining stages.

Counter Pick: Winner will ban 3 stages and the loser will pick from remaining stages.

Gentleman's rule is in effect.

Dave's Stupid Rule is in effect (You can not pick a stage you already won on)

Streaming and Chat

All chat will take place in my twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/lightsoul101

This will be streamed live. I will begin the stream a hour before the tournament takes place. If you would like to be streamed please check into the tournament either in twitch or on challonge and hit me up(contact me). I will select the tournament matches that will be streamed throughout the tournament and if you will be streamed I will make it known in open chat and contact you though whisper.

Prize [Update]:

As long as more than 30 people sign up and participate in this tournament I will be offering a cash prize. The cash prize will out of a $50 cash pool.

1st place: $25
2nd place: $15
3rd place: $10

So sign up, win big and get paid.

Last edited:

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
So I counted up the number of people who have participated in my tournaments over the past month and I am very impressed with the turn out. As for Saturday's tournament 171 people have actually participated in the online tournaments I have hosted. Right now I would like to get that number up to 200 and if that number is reached this Sunday then I will provided a prize at the end of the tournament. So get your buddies, crew members, second cousins, the girl next door and anyone else you know out here, signed up and participate this weekend.

As always see ya out there.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
How long will this take?
Depends on how many people show up. Generally it goes by pretty fast as long as everyone plays their matches on time, do not have any issues finding one another and do not become distracted by outside things.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
There are 19 people signed up currently for the tournament. Come on and sign up and get that number to +30. If there are more than 30 people signed up for the tournament when it starts there will be a grand prize for the tournament.

knux400

Smash Rookie
NNID
knux400
When you say to 'record your matches', do they need to be recorded live or is saving the replay okay?

Looking forward to this! :)

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
When you say to 'record your matches', do they need to be recorded live or is saving the replay okay?

Looking forward to this! :)
Save your replays. And thanks for bringing this up, I will make the change of wording.

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
I renamed the tournament to, "To Love or to Smash" in honor of Valentine's Day. I was going to push the tournament back because I am going to a Anima Convention today but I will be leaving it slightly early as to start this tournament. I will be pushing it back by one hour so I can return with plenty of time but we are going to be having the tournament today. So get ready to get famous and get paid.

Last edited:

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
So a fire broke out at the anima convention I am attending. Shouldn't affect the time the tournament will start but I could be late depending on traffic.

ElitistTX

Smash Rookie
NNID
StarElite
I don't see a button that lets me join the bracket?

Is Sign Up Closed?

EDIT : Fixed nvm

Last edited:

Lightsoul

Tricky Fox
NNID
Lightsoul101
3DS FC
3969-4786-4826
Set up for the tournament is underway. Still time to sign up.

Top Bottom