• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 12, 2015] Westchester Smash Bi-Weekly @ Mollie Spillane's Pub (Mamaroneck, NY)

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet
Alright folks, a few friends and I are working to build up a scene for Smash 4 in Westchester. We've been blessed with a great venue that let's us play every week, and we've already hosted three events so far without needing to charge venue fee.

Though the majority of the players so far are either casual players or just starting to learn properly, we welcome anyone who's interested in coming to play and win some cash. Melee and PM are welcome as well, but we won't be providing anything but Wii U setups. There's been already been a consistent crew of PM players showing up, so if there's interest, we could expand to include it as well.

Be aware that the venue is a bar; there will be other people there as well. Those of you who are under 21 are still welcome to come. Wristbands will be given out if necessary and we ask that you respect both the bartender and the law. Even if you can't drink, O'Connor's has a full food menu too, so try and support the venue so we can keep these events going. We've even got some nifty food/drink specials just for the Smash crowd too!

You can check out our Facebook group for photos from our first tournament, and check out some (very scrubby) videos here. Again, this thing is all about trying to build up a local scene, so come join in if you want to be a part of it. Coming by to play friendlies is free, and we'd appreciate the support regardless of whether you want to enter.

Schedule
7pm Setup
8pm Tournament starts

Fees
Venue: Free!
Smash Wii U: $10

Rules are generally adopted from the Apex 2015 rule book.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/74563582/Apex/Apex2015_Rulebook.pdf

----- Tournament Rules -----
-Double Elimination Bracket (Lose twice and you're out)
-Best of 3 Matches (2/3)
-Winners, Losers and Grand Finals are Best of 5 (3/5)
-Prizes for First, Second, Third Place (50/30/10% split, with 10% going to the bar)
-Any questions or concerns should be brought directly to the attention of tournament staff.

Controllers:
-Wii U Pro Controllers, Wiimotes, Nunchuks, Gamecube Controllers and Classic Controllers are all allowed.
-We will have at least 2 gamecube controller adapters available
-The Wii U Gamepad and 3DS/2DS systems are not legal controllers.

Game Settings:
-2 stock, 6 minute timer
-No items
-No custom fighters/equipment
-Mii fighters are banned

Stage Select Rules

Starter Stages
● Battlefield
● Final Destination/Omega Stage
● Smashville

Counterpick Stages
● Castle Siege
● Delfino Plaza
● Duck Hunt
● Halberd
● Kongo Jungle 64
● Lylat Cruise
● Town & City
● Omega Stages*

*For striking purposes, Omega stages are the same as Final D. If Final D is stricken, so are the Omega stages, and vice versa.

Last edited:

AztecFalcon

Smash Rookie
Although I wont be able to attend this event I will attend the following and bring friends who have been very eager in finding a competitive smash 4 scene in Westchester. I noticed you said you only have 2 Gamecube controller adapters. I was wondering if possibly I could bring a set up for players who are more comfortable with using their gamecube controllers in the case that there are more players who feel this way it would help to speed up the tournament process as well. Cant wait to get started on building a smash 4 scene in Westchester!

Last edited:

Fortisimo

Smash Cadet
Although I wont be able to attend this event I will attend the following and bring friends who have been very eager in finding a competitive smash 4 scene in Westchester. I noticed you said you only have 2 Gamecube controller adapters. I was wondering if possibly I could bring a set up for players who are more comfortable with using their gamecube controllers in the case that there are more players who feel this way it would help to speed up the tournament process as well. Cant wait to get started on building a smash 4 scene in Westchester!
Thanks, this is pretty awesome to hear, and more setups are always welcome. Unfortunately, our original venue closed over the weekend without telling us (probably why there was no cover...) But we've managed to find a new one after some scrambling. The event has been pushed back to Thursday night, and we'll have to see if we can get it back onto Wednesday's for the next time around.

To anyone who had planned on attending @ O'Connors in Harrison, please let me know and I'll see if we can arrange some rides to get you where you need to be on Thursday.

Top Bottom