• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Feb 1, 2014] Lake Effect 2 (Kentwood, MI)

Creepy_Karp

Smash Rookie
Would it be possible for someone to give me a ride from Ann Arbor to GR and then back on that same Saturday. I can negotiate gas prices.

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
is East Lansing still thinking about going?
most of east lansing will probably be at beach house but i'm going to this.

i'm getting a ride from 401k (aka baby blue aka eric) who's driving through east lansing from st. claire shores. don't know for certain there will be room with us but i'll ask him if you're in east lansing and would be interested in going.

rsr2

Smash Lord
Yessss Lordy <3 I will be bringing some board games if I scrub out fast enough. I might bring my Magic stuffs. Not sure yet.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Lordhelmet bringing the hypeee! Hell yeah. Looking forward to seeing you all today!

I have a bad habit of ending up with those #hangoverjohns at Saturday tournaments. hahahahaha

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
does anybody know how far this is from BGSU?
I'm gonna try to bus out to MI tourney's every once in awhile since I'll be out that way for school.

Shaw98

Smash Rookie
Looks great, it has a perfect schedule. But I would like to ask if someone were good at Brawl would they be good at PM? Are the physics on PM completely different or are they simular. So I would like to ask since I cant find a tournament that supports Brawl in my area. Thanks :)

MBM99

Smash Rookie
Are you accepting Minnesotans? Because if you are me and a few friends of mine can probably come.

Edit: When I told my mom (who was going to drive us all) that it was in Grand Rapids she thought it was Grand Rapids MN, sorry.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
Looks great, it has a perfect schedule. But I would like to ask if someone were good at Brawl would they be good at PM? Are the physics on PM completely different or are they simular. So I would like to ask since I cant find a tournament that supports Brawl in my area. Thanks :)
Lordhelmet, currently one of the top three players in West Michigan, was originally a Brawl player. The physics are completely different but the Smash fundamentals are the same. You'll definitely have to get a feel for the Melee physics and technical requirements, but the underlying game is the same.

Are you accepting Minnesotans? Because if you are me and a few friends of mine can probably come.

Edit: When I told my mom (who was going to drive us all) that it was in Grand Rapids she thought it was Grand Rapids MN, sorry.
All out of state attendance is appreciated and encouraged!!! Bring as many friends as you like :) Hopefully you can find a way out here, haha.

Arcalyth

GLS | root
It's still a thing. FB said it was canceled because I was trying to appease MI Melee by using their FB group to make the event, but then it only invited like 20 people so I'm just gonna do it through West MI Smash instead.

Sorry for the confusion. Don't pay attention to Facebook ;)

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
Totally going to make it.
I've got a melee nostalgia setup and a P:M setup.

If by some witchcraft I can't make it, I'll send my melee setup with Sophy.

Edit: I hope my Samus can bring the hype. LORD KNOWS SOPHY'S M2 WON'T BE.

Last edited:

LukeTheDuke

Smash Rookie
hey i am currently in jackson, mi and i am looking for some melee communities to get hooked up with. i am seriously considering coming to this tourney if i can.

ManaX

Smash Apprentice
hey i am currently in jackson, mi and i am looking for some melee communities to get hooked up with. i am seriously considering coming to this tourney if i can.
Please do.
We're just a bunch of scrubs here in West Michigan. It's practically free money.

Top Bottom