• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

|FBT6 - BRAWL| March 20-21 Oshkosh, WI. West Circuit Event #2 - Results in 1st Post!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aerox00

Smash Cadet
Hey, I should be able to make it to this one. Just gotta remember to ask off of work two weeks in advance. Shouldn't be too hard to remember to do :)

Wafles

Smash Lord
grimace is a shoe in with the strippers.

strippers means i am coming now.

smash+strippers+my melee setup+grimace+pepsi money in ones+crew battle+empire=quality tournament.

housing?
Wait what, there's gonna be a melee crew battle? Doesn't make much sense at a tourney without melee, lol. I thought we were gonna try for a brawl crew battle still, but time constraints might not allow it depending on how long singles take.

Also, I'd like to confirm for everyone that we will have a split TV + recording + projector setup for teams. So each team gets their own TV. The quality wont be too bad either since the output wont be split from either feed going to the tv's, it'll just be one split into the TV's, then my TV has some AV out ports that we'll split up. It's gonna be sweet.

hunger!

Smash Champion
by all means if its a circuit event. do stage strike system. its fine with 5. just dont go crazy and bring it up to like ... 9.

Chris is me

Smash Apprentice
random is way easier...

But honestly lylat isn't that bad to the point of counterpick nor is deflino. PictoChat also isn't _that_ bad but netural stages seem to be == hazard-free rather than "lacks significant character bias", I guess there are several other stages that would be neutral before Picto...

James Sparrow

Smash Master
stage striking is perfect. at UST we have fd, bf, sv, lylat, ys. i'd say 70% of the matches are played on sv first, with 20% being fd or bf. if i had it my way the game would only be played on those 3 stages and no others.

besides, when people find it too confusing or difficult, they just random and no one cares. for those of us who cringe when we random lylat cruise, we take the time to choose 2 stages to knock out which takes about 6 seconds.

illboyzeus

Smash Ace
is possible to have a lil melee side tourny on the first day after pools. I might come to this to play a lil brawls but a dab of melee would seal it for me.

betterthanbonds9

Smash Ace
wow, the only problem with stage striking is deciding if you want to be the person to strike lylat or not

most cases:
lylat
ys
fd
bf
*SV wins
--i think it takes an average of 20 seconds if you try being stupid and pretend to think, otherwise i lol at stage striking johns

James Sparrow

Smash Master
sure, give each player a 20% chance to get their favorite (or least favorite) stage and leave it to the computer to decide.

otherwise give each player equal say at which stage the first stage should be, albeit eliminating 4 stages and giving you the modal stage of the 2 player's preferences. (or if neither care, it's easy to just press random)

as a TO, the striking option seems much more cohesive to a fair and properly executed tournament match.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
Or thanks to stage striking your favorite stages could be striked out for no good reason.
i only care about stiking Lylat ASAP

I never did understand why Yoshi's is a random though...the ground is uneven and the support ghost platform is random and dumb

lonejedi

W.I.T.T.Y
BRoomer
I am totally for stage striking, and here's why. Personally I've alwasy been against only 4 neutrals on random. That's so stupid. I usually ban BF everytime, and a lot of times, someone will ban FD, leaving only two neutrals, meaning either YI or SV being picked. There are a few levels which I believe should be neutral. Seriously SV has a really low ceiling which sucks for light weight characters, so how is that neutral? Where has YI has some issues as stateed before. And BF helps a lot of certain characters too, as does FD. If we have to do random stages, can we at least add lylat and delfino, or at least Castle Siege or Poke 1? Seriously I hate this argument on how OMG my favorite stage might get banned. I assure you, if I play someone on these boards who loves to play SV, I will personally ban it if we're only doing 4 random stages. I think we should either do stage striking or 6 Randoms. Because 4 randoms is ********.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom