• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favourite Non-Smash Fighting Game?

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
I don't have one because Smash is the only fighting game series I've played for the genre.

I've been wanting to play a Street Fighter, Tekken and SoulCalibur game though.

D

Deleted member

WWF No Mercy :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
Final Fantasy Tactics, Call of Duty (pre Modern Warfare 3), Street Fighter (in general), Pokémon Silver (soul silver is good too), Paper Mario (Thousand year door was good, didn't beat it :c), Bloody Roar 2, Tekken series, Audio Surf, Skyrim....there's so many!

Denjinpachi

Smash Journeyman
I'll always think all of the mishima/kazama characters are the coolest. they're half of how I got my username lol. other is from street fighter. I think I'd always use Jin kazama. even with his karate style. its kinda an odd switch since I liked how he played in everything before tekken 4. I should get back into tekken. It's a really good game.

sijon

Smash Ace
The Street Fighter series and a not as well known fighting game known as World Heroes (World Heroes 2 Jet to be exact) I always used to play these as a kid.

I think one of the strong reasons why I keep playing these games is the sound that plays every time you land a hit. It's so satisfying!

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Virtua Fighter.
Virtua Fighter Kids was my first game ever (yes, that bizarre piece of obscure software that may or may not be a game from the arcades and Sega Saturn) so I'm automatically biased. I have fond memories of playing Virtua Fighter Kids and Virtua Fighter 2 as a lad, and I absolutely love Virtua Fighter 5.

Watching this gives me goosebumps, I swear.
If only I had a Sega Saturn that worked properly, then I could finally play it again on the actual console... It definitely does not feel the same playing it on an emulator.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
Ultra Street Fighter IV. That might change in a few years when V's roster gets better.

Dan Rogers

Smash Rookie
I always liked the Godzilla fighting games. By that I mean, Destroy All Monsters Melee, Save the Earth, and Unleashed. I haven't gotten a chance to play Godzilla Vs on PS4, but it looks to be my style.

I also like Dragonball Xenoverse a lot.

TyDye

Crash Bandicoot for Smash!
Does "Rivals of Aether" count? Other than Smash I would have to say either "Fight Night" or "Mortal Kombat" MK solely for the fatalities.

Smash is the best fighting game hands down. Nothing else compares.

Last edited:

Falc0ofspades

Smash Rookie
NNID
Brmybutler
Probably injustice it combines comic characters with mortal combat 2 of my favorite things

TryrushDeppy

Smash Apprentice
I always liked the Godzilla fighting games. By that I mean, Destroy All Monsters Melee, Save the Earth, and Unleashed. I haven't gotten a chance to play Godzilla Vs on PS4, but it looks to be my style.
Have you played Kaiju Daikessen on Super Famicom? I had never heard of it before the AVGN did a feature on it, but it's pretty amazing for a console exclusive Street Fighter II-style fighter of its time, and the tone is more faithful than the Western-developed Godzilla fighters you mentioned.

Everyone seems to think that Godzilla VS. sucks. It looks like a successor to the Godzilla Generations games on Dreamcast, which were incredibly slow and plodding - not exactly inaccurate to the movies, but makes poor material for a game.

Last edited:

Dan Rogers

Smash Rookie
Have you played Kaiju Daikessen on Super Famicom? I had never heard of it before the AVGN did a feature on it, but it's pretty amazing for a console exclusive Street Fighter II-style fighter of its time, and the tone is more faithful than the Western-developed Godzilla fighters you mentioned.

Everyone seems to think that Godzilla VS. sucks. It looks like a successor to the Godzilla Generations games on Dreamcast, which were incredibly slow and plodding - not exactly inaccurate to the movies, but makes poor material for a game.
Yeah, I played Kaiju Daikessen. At G-Fest (the godzilla convention held in chicago), i competed in a small tournament... I didn't get to far lmao. It's really fun to play tho.

And from what I've seen, the Godzilla fandom loves Godzilla Vs.. I also really liked both the Godzilla Generations games. I mean, they don't have a lot of replay-ability (though the fast past portions of Zilla's run in the first game is a lot of fun). I guess I just like slow paced games, just as much as I like fast paced ones. The online on Godzilla Vs actually looks super fun. Story mode might be boring, but I am 100% there for the online.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Ultra Street Fighter IV. After that it would probably be Skullgirls or King of Fighters XIII.

Rage NF

Smash Lord
NNID
RageNF
Greetings

1. Smash

2. Ultra Street Fighter IV

3. Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3

4. Dragon Ball Z Raging Blast and Tenkaichi

5. Naruto Ultimate ninja Storm 2

6. Mortal Kombat

Last edited:

MrMustard21

Smash Cadet
NNID
Jarret91
3DS FC
0791-3640-8841
A few other fighting game series that I enjoy are the Tekken franchise. Dead or Alive >.>... <.<..Mortal Kombat, and Marvel vs Capcom

KatKit

Smash Lord
I love countless fighting game series. Since many mainstream ones I enjoy have already been mentioned, I'll list a couple of awesome yet lesser known titles like Dark Awake: The King has no Name (it's like MvC mixed with Soul Calibur), Arcana Hearts 3: Love Max, and UNIEL.

Top Bottom