• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Legend of Zelda Favorite Zelda Game Poll

What is your favorite Zelda Game?

• Total voters

Alzi

Smash Master
My game is winning!

wOoT

It really bothers me that people are "offended" that OoT wins (or that they call everyone sheep/lemmings).
I see wut you did ther.

I don't mind what game has the most votes it all comes down to opinion of how many people enjoy what game.

Kingdom Come

Smash Lord
This is how I think of it....I was like 6 when Ocarina came out, and I really wanted that game badly for idk wth? My sister wanted it and she hated playing video games, I guess that is why I wanted it. Anyway, when I first got it I didn't care for it but my other sister loved it, and so did my cousin. He is like a video game genius!!!!!

Well, I saw them beat the game and such and it really made me want to play it. I later got Majora's and felt the exact same way. But, I never finished either game on my own.

So when I got Wind Waker I got the Oot Master Quest. Before I did Master Quest I figured I should freshen up on the original. I had so much fun playing that, this is what made everything else subpar to me. I could play an 8 year old game and still have SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!

The gameplay was awesome. The Story unforgettable, I nearly cry everytime I see the end where Zelda sends Link home. The music is the best Video game music ever, you can't deny it if a tune pops up you'll start humming it too!

That is why I vote Ocarina!!!!

Mewter

Smash Master
This is how I think of it....I was like 6 when Ocarina came out, and I really wanted that game badly for idk wth? My sister wanted it and she hated playing video games, I guess that is why I wanted it. Anyway, when I first got it I didn't care for it but my other sister loved it, and so did my cousin. He is like a video game genius!!!!!

Well, I saw them beat the game and such and it really made me want to play it. I later got Majora's and felt the exact same way. But, I never finished either game on my own.

So when I got Wind Waker I got the Oot Master Quest. Before I did Master Quest I figured I should freshen up on the original. I had so much fun playing that, this is what made everything else subpar to me. I could play an 8 year old game and still have SO MUCH FUN!!!!!!

The gameplay was awesome. The Story unforgettable, I nearly cry everytime I see the end where Zelda sends Link home. The music is the best Video game music ever, you can't deny it if a tune pops up you'll start humming it too!

That is why I vote Ocarina!!!!
That's great. Now all you have to do is play Wind Waker.
Cel-Shaded graphics make everything look better. :p

XACE-K

Smash Master
I want to know if I can get my vote back. I originally voted Ocarina of Time but after playing Majora's Mask, I must say that I'm torn between which of the 2 I like best.

Scott!

Smash Lord
^^ This is great. I love that someone who joined after all of that stuff was discussed and mostly forgotten is aware of its greatness.

SkylerOcon

Tiny Dancer
How could I forget the epicness of Put Your Sword in the Fairy Fountain? I can't believe I chose MM over that!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm guessing OoT has the most votes.

*Votes*

Bah, typical.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I finally made up my mind and voted MM, I think that between LTTP, OoT, MM, WW, TP, and LA, it's close, the upper tier of the series is amazing, but I think MM seems to me to be the most special, the world of termina was very interesting and I'd like to see it revisited in some way, and the time system was great and I'd like to see that again too, where the NPC's have scheduled lives and such.

and just as a mechanical thing...BUNNY HOOD, running around slowly in TP is so annoying lol

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
MM won for me, not the least of which by having one of the most epic bossfights EVER in the history of video games. You know the one I'm talking about. It's Goron Link vs. the Mechanical Bull. Holy crap that is one of the funnest boss fights I've ever played.

jumpman9793

Smash Apprentice
I voted Majora's Mask. It has the deepest, darkest, and saddest story of all Zelda games. Being able to play as a Deku, Zora, Goron, and even a diety was a really cool feature as well.

Scott!

Smash Lord
Heh heh. Not really. If it weren't for OoT, MM wouldn't even have existed. If the Zelda series were to be represented by a single game, it would most definitely be OoT, and not MM.
So, if I'm following your logic, then the best Zelda is the original, because none of the others would have existed without it? No? Yeah, your reasoning is not very good there. Yes, MM is good thanks to OoT, but also thanks to every other Zelda game that came before it. That doesn't stop MM from being potentially better than them.

Spire

III
BRoomer
So, if I'm following your logic, then the best Zelda is the original, because none of the others would have existed without it? No? Yeah, your reasoning is not very good there. Yes, MM is good thanks to OoT, but also thanks to every other Zelda game that came before it. That doesn't stop MM from being potentially better than them.
Exactly. Otherwise, Nintendo wouldn't care about improving the visuals and expanding the series with each subsequent game. If the first is automatically the best, then they should make every game look and play exactly like it because there's no reason to renew the series.

Truthfully, most people don't even like the first one. Compared to games nowadays, it's crap. Now the first Super Mario Bros. is great on the other hand.

Also, look at Star Wars. Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope by far.

rhan

Smash Hero
Ocarina of Time owns the poll.

Hey guys! I found my Link's Awakening. But now I realise why I lost it in the first place..... I played it so much that it can't remember my saves anymore.... Such a sad day for Young Rhan.... :(

Scott!

Smash Lord
That happened to me too. That's what happens to old GB games these days. Soon enough, my GBC games will begin to follow. When my original copy of Pokemon Gold dies forever, I might shed a tear. LA almost got me. They need to re-release it again, mostly because I want a new copy and have never played the color version. I'm oldschool with my Zelda. :D

Phantom7

Banned via Warnings
Exactly. Otherwise, Nintendo wouldn't care about improving the visuals and expanding the series with each subsequent game. If the first is automatically the best, then they should make every game look and play exactly like it because there's no reason to renew the series.

Truthfully, most people don't even like the first one. Compared to games nowadays, it's crap. Now the first Super Mario Bros. is great on the other hand.

Also, look at Star Wars. Empire Strikes Back > A New Hope by far.
My point is that Ocarina of Time has received the best scores, and is, according to this thread, the favorite of most Zelda fans.

Maybe I should have worded this a little differently. When I said "if it weren't for OoT, MM wouldn't have existed", what I meant is that MM features an almost identical play style and is, in general, not too much different. Thus, resembling the success that is OoT so well, it isn't quite as satisfying, since the game doesn't seem to have as many new things to offer as WW might have. That doesn't mean it's not as good as other Zelda games (It's one of the very best in my opinion); it just seems as though it has been hiding under OoT's shadow since it was first announced.

Spire

III
BRoomer
My point is that Ocarina of Time has received the best scores, and is, according to this thread, the favorite of most Zelda fans.

Maybe I should have worded this a little differently. When I said "if it weren't for OoT, MM wouldn't have existed", what I meant is that MM features an almost identical play style and is, in general, not too much different. Thus, resembling the success that is OoT so well, it isn't quite as satisfying, since the game doesn't seem to have as many new things to offer as WW might have. That doesn't mean it's not as good as other Zelda games (It's one of the very best in my opinion); it just seems as though it has been hiding under OoT's shadow since it was first announced.
I know what you meant. Just wanted to continue with Scott's nitpicking at a misworded sentence. We're all friends here :)

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
I like TP the most. But the reason is only because it looks best and i love the sword fight with ganondorf in the end. Sadly it is much too easy (especially with the special techs). They should have make it really really tough.

But as far as i remember there were only 2 hard boss fights. Vaati in TMC (i hate that guy >_>) and the fish in MM... The most boss fights were easy...

Interesting is that you kill in LA a flame with fire :psycho:

Well, maybe the ganon fights on the gb-games were hard too, but not really.

I want a tough boss fight with ganondorf!! =)
With swords... That would be genious =D

But i also like LA (was my first Zelda game), OoT (my first Ganondorf-fight) and MM (just a cool game). There are only 2 games i don't like xD

TLoZ and TLoZ Link's Adventure ;)

DrPain

Smash Cadet
The first two zelda's were very good for their time, still fun to this day. I'm an Oot/MM master (or at least pride myself as such), and in that opinion OoT is much better, MM only has updated game play (Epona more tolerable), not that MM isn't great.
Why are so many people anti-Windwaker?

Rapax

Smash Apprentice
I don't like the first 2 games.
I only have them for the GC. I'm sure they would be better for the gba, but i never bought them. They are so confusing >_>

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Zelda II is still the standard for amazing Zelda combat.

Ochobobo

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1075-1052-5472
I'm actually kinda surprised how few people have voted for Link to the Past. I thought more people than this considered that their favorite. Oh well.

chachu

Smash Rookie
wind waker is like a million hundred timesbetter than all the games personally i found majoras mask way to difficult of a game and the gameplay was the worst EVER

rhan

Smash Hero
Typical casual gamer. When the game gets hard. Quit.

Wind Waker = easiest Zelda ever. Next to Twilight.

Top Bottom