• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Wario Game?

Blarfenzo

Smash Journeyman
Hadn't seen one of these threads, decided to ask see what you other Wario mains like.

Personally I prefer the air I liked Wario Land 2 and 3 a lot.

Wario Land 2 and 3 were more challenging, lasted longer, were classics, and were more about finding treasure.

But Wario Land 4 was still a great game though.

Wario Land 4 had more personality (I loved how Wario said random crap all the time and how he was actually yellow and purple), and is still compatible with my DS.

What about you guys?

Christopher Rodriguez

The illest Project M Bowser
I really, really liked Wario Land 3. The older ones were good too, but I didn't like Wario Land 4 for the sole reason that he had health now. Wario World was okayish.

danielreece2

Smash Cadet
i like Wario Land 3. i never beat it, and dont have it anymore, but i remember it was hard as hell, and i could never figure out what to do!
Wario-World was good too, but it was too short.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to have to go with the first Wario Land, for the nostalgia factor. I had this game when I was a kid, it was my very first Game Boy game, and I loved it to death. Sure, Wario had the same health system as Mario in that one, but he was still capable of kicking astronomical amounts of arse.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Am I the only one to say a Wario Ware? I have them all, but I rather like the characters and minigames in Wario Ware Inc.

Warlock*G

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
0146-9477-0226
Well I've never considered these "Wario games"... they're just "Wario Ware games" to me.

Anyway, my favorite Wario game is without a doubt Wario Land 3.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Wario World

http://youtube.com/watch?v=bj1IXywFcQY

AguFungus (4 days ago) +1
I loved Wario's voice in this game. It gave him a lot of personality.

^^^ I agree with this guy. I wish he had this kind of voice in Brawl
Did you switch mains? Also, where do you keep getting those deformed Brawl character pics from?

Anyways, my favorite Wario game is a close tie between Wario Land 2 and Wario Ware: Smooth Moves. I once played the latter with two of my friends while they were drunk... one of the best video game experiences I ever had. :laugh:

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Wario Ware Twisted???

i have wario ware inc., touched!, and Smooth Moves, but I've never heard of Wario Ware Twisted. what's it on?
GBA I think, the Game Pak was kinda big cause it has motion detecting sensors inside and for a lot of minigames you had to spin your entire Game Boy to move whatever was on the screen.

Wario Land is my favorite series but IDK what exactly my favorite Wario game is.

White Pikmin

Smash Journeyman
Too many good ones

the entire warioware and wario land series' proved that wario is not just a mario copy

wario land 4 was the only wario land i ever played, what was great was at the store, you got smiles for free!

warioware is great because its about reflexes. i thought that wario would make a crappy game just to rack in the cash

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I change my mind. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is my favorite Wario game. he's the coolest character in it, and therefore owns it.

Doctor Destructo

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario 64. It's 1/2 Wario, just hope it counts.
I'd certainly say it counts, since Wario's playable for the storyline and the main evil guy (besides your rival) is a Wario Land boss, plus most of the minions are Wario Land enemies. On a related note, I've always liked Vampire Wario as a "final form" for Wario instead of Wario Man. As awesome as Wario Man might be, nothing beat playing as Vampire Wario in Wario Land 3.

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
I'd certainly say it counts, since Wario's playable for the storyline and the main evil guy (besides your rival) is a Wario Land boss, plus most of the minions are Wario Land enemies. On a related note, I've always liked Vampire Wario as a "final form" for Wario instead of Wario Man. As awesome as Wario Man might be, nothing beat playing as Vampire Wario in Wario Land 3.
iunno, just because he's in it doesn't make it a wario game (i know that contradicts my earlier statement). i mean come on, Dr. Mario 64. this would argue that SM64DS, The Mario Party Series (and every other spin-off), and Brawl are all Wario games.

BTW, I like Winged Cap Wario and Metal Wario in SM64DS. not sure I like them more then Wario-man, though. :p

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Vampire Wario? Got any pics?

handsockpuppet

Smash Lord
Yes! i just got Wario Ware: Twisted! It's amazing! definitely worth the 18 bucks i spent (it was admittingly the most expensive GBA game at gamestop).

El Frosty

Smash Rookie
wario land 1

seriously, the first game i found amazing, just because of the ending system which determined what size castle he got at the end depending on how much hidden treasure you found.. plus wario kicks the arse of an entire gang of pirates, while he's still mortal! beat that!

viking hat wario rules.

Neo M.J

Smash Apprentice
Vampire Wario? Got any pics?
Heres one

In Wario land, I think it was the strongest and most useful transformation in the game. As for fave Wario game, maybe 2, it was my first GB game and first time seeing Mr.Awsome.

Top Bottom