• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite video game end credits

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Credits suck.

But which credits suck the least? Whether you love the music, the visuals, or something else about them, which end-game credits do you love the most?

Personally, I'd have to go with Ocarina of Time. After one of the most epic boss fights ever and the bittersweet final scene, the credits come in with, in my opinion, one of the most beautiful Zelda themes as you see Hyrule and everyone celebrating Ganon's defeat. The post-credits scene is gorgeous, and I cri every tim.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Super Mario 64's credits always has a place in my heart.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
Cave Story. It was made by one person, so the end credits roll through every enemy, npc, boss, and song, with some short cut scenes thrown in and some bonus artwork.

Twewy

Smash Lord
I can't believe I forgot to mention God Hand. God Hand has the best credits ever.

Truly, I'm not Alexander for forgetting such a thing of beauty.

Minato

穏やかじゃない
I think there are quite a few I really enjoyed. I'll think of more when I remember them, but the one that comes to mind is Bayonetta.

You actually got to play through the credits. lol

Babycowland

Smash Journeyman
I personally enjoy the credits you get when you complete Majora's Mask after getting all the masks. I think it's pretty neat to see all of the people Link has helped throughout your journey and I feel like it does a good job of tying up loose ends.

I'm also partial to the Super Mario 64 credits too. There are other credits I like, but a lot of the time it's because I'm a big fan of the game itself and find completing it satisfying. The Pikmin/Pikmin 2 credits are probably a good example of that.

Last edited:

moist teabag

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3110-5189-1454
I think there are quite a few I really enjoyed. I'll think of more when I remember them, but the one that comes to mind is Bayonetta.

You actually got to play through the credits. lol
not to mention before that you push a god past all the planets in the solar system into the sun, the credits start, the credits stop, you then beat up the god's body as you fly towards earth, there's another cutscene, the credits start again and you get to beat stuff up during it. And then, after the credits, you get a fully choreographed dance sequence courtesy of Bayonetta herself.

MTTR.Akter

Smash Apprentice
I always feel like something with an intense moment at the final part and then some soft or inspirational music comes on at the credits to say:
"Dude, you have done it...you have beat the game...now go drink some coffee." sitting through those feels so relaxing

For me, all of the MGS credits get me there. Splatoon's ending credits made me felt relaxed as well. Ocarina of time, twilight princess, and Skyward Sword are a few others that had the "good job! Now you can relax" feel to it too.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Every Zelda game ever. No explanation needed.

Demon's Souls. Choose the good path and you're treated to a peaceful melody sung by the Maiden. Choose the evil path and you're given an epic score. All while seeing a neat montage of all the demons you conquered.
People give Dark Souls praise for it's credits theme without giving praise to the superior song it's directly based on.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
The credits in Melee. I had a suprising amount of fun competing for high score in it with my friends.
I really enjoy the credits in the Kingdom Hearts series. Seeing what happens to all the characters, the bright golden visuals and the music is really nice.
The credits in FFVI, though extremely long, were also very satisfying. Watching all the characters escape Kefka's Tower was pretty funny and relaxing after experiencing everything in the game.
More generally, I enjoy credits that show off all the stuff you did and the places you went, such as the credits from SM64.

Nerf Herder EX

Smash Rookie
It's gotta be 'Double Dragon Neon.' That song Skullmageddon sings during the credits is one of the greatest things ever. And then at the very end Marian hits Skullmageddon with a Seichusen Godanzuki like Makoto in 3rd Strike! So hype.

Last edited:
Top Bottom