• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Stages?

What are your favorite stages in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U?

• Total voters

.:~*Momo*~:.

Smash Ace
So I thought it'd be nice to have a thread/poll where we discuss our favorite stages... if there's already a thread like this then please lock this one, I looked but it's possible that I missed and I do apologize in advance if that's the case.

That being said, this is a poll where you can vote for multiple stages.
Please try not to click every stage on the list, I put "All" and "None" as options in case you love all of the stages equally or hate them all equally. I also added an "Other" option just in case there was something I missed, I didn't include Miiverse because it's not out yet... though, if it comes out and this poll is still relevant or used feel free to vote "Other" until it can be updated to include Miiverse (if that's possible). "Other" could also work if your favorite stage is a custom stage you made.
If you absolutely love all but one stage, then feel free to vote that way. I tried to include every option I could think of, so if I missed anything feel free to let me know.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My favorite stages have to be (in no particular order):
  • Town and City
  • Mushroom Kingdom U
  • The Great Cave Offensive
  • Mario Circuit

With honorable mentions being (also no particular order):
  • Woolly World
  • Garden of Hope
  • Port Town Aero Dive
  • Windy Hill Zone
  • Temple
Mushroom Kingdom U is currently what's listed in my records as my most played stage, before that it was The Great Cave Offensive (because of 8 player smash). I play Mario Circuit a lot and Town and City is so adorable I had to include it on my favorites list, I play it a lot too... I absolutely love the Bubblegum K.K. remix that plays there. I picked these stages because I love the look, stage design, and music that can be played... all together these stages are the most enjoyable for me for those reasons...which I guess is obvious.

I didn't vote for the honorable mentions, but I still really like playing in these stages. My feelings towards them may change later and I might add a couple to my favorites list but for now they'll be honorable mentions.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I won't be getting the game til' tomorrow, but from the stages I love purely out of hype and music selection:
  • Kalos Pokemon League
  • Mario Galaxy
  • Jungle Hijinx
Honourable mentions go to:
  • Skyloft
  • Windy Hill
  • Halberd
  • Dr. Wily's Castle
  • Garden of Hope

Last edited:

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
I like Garden of Hope because I really enjoy Pikmin 3, it's not a tour stage, and the Aristocrab isn't nearly as annoying as I thought it might be. Windy Hill Zone is also pretty awesome as it's not too plain and has Rooftop Run Act 2 from Sonic Generations as a music option which is instant win in my book. Mario Galaxy is a bit simple, but I enjoy it simply because Super Mario Galaxy is my favorite video game ever. Mario Circuit is the only exception to my general rule that tour stages are dull entirely because it uses the gravity of the track to its advantage causing it to always mix things up.

Naoshi

wow this is a custom title
Gamer
Yoshi's Island (for its Omega form especially)
Temple
Onett

I would've picked Great Cave Offensive for its Omega form, but the base level is the worst to me. :( But GCO definitely has the best Omega form I've ever seen. It reminds me of Fountain of Dreams in a way.

On a side note, GCO is the only new stage I really dislike so far in the game. Almost every other new stage is completely fine to me.

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I found myself marking almost every stage in the poll. My absolute favorites would probably be Gamer, Kalos League, and Mario Circuit. I love pretty much all these stages except 75m

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Gamer is my favorite stage. It is hilarious, 5-Volt is amusing and WarioWare/Wario Land music is great.

The other stages I like are:

- Kalos Pokémon League: Stunning visuals, the hazards make for fun matches with friends and the arrangement of Cynthia's Theme (as well as Diantha's Theme) are SO good omg.

- The Great Cave Offensive: It is so colorful and pretty! Kirby music is amazing, too. It is probably a stage a lot of people hate, but I love it (and I also liked New Pork City in Brawl, so... yeah).

- Wooly World: Lets just say this stage alone sold me on Yoshi's Wooly World. The music is lovely (Yoshi games finally have great music again? :D) and there is a Mario & Luigi Bowser's Inside Story music which plays in the stage (Tough Guy Alert!), which is awesome.

- Orbital Gate Assault: The very first Star Fox stage I like in the series. If Star Fox U looks that good, you can bet I am buying the game day 1.

- Town and City: Smashville was my favorite and most played stage in Brawl, so it is only natural its successor would be one of my favorites as well.

- Wuhu Island: Colorful and pretty! Love the Style Savvy music which plays in this stage.

- Wind Hill Zone: SO much better than Green Hill Zone.
- Wily's Castle: This stage fills me with nostalgia every single time I play on it. Dat Quick Man Stage remix :052:

- Jungle Hijinxs: This one isn't as good as the others above, but I like its visuals and the fact it is the first DK stage (since 64's Congo Jungle) that isn't a complete disgrace.

- Garden of Hope: ...I really need to buy Pikmin 3. That stage fills my heart with rainbows! Needless to say, it is much better than Distant Planet

There are other cool stages like Gaur Plain, Duck Hunt, Mario Galaxy, Wrecking Crew and Mushroom Kingdom U, but I wouldn't call these favorites. As for the ones I don't like, they are:

Pyrosphere: Literally garbage. Fitting, as the stage comes from Other M, an awful game.

Pac-Land: It looks SO bad omg. I wish Pac-Maze was in Smash Wii U as well.

Skyloft / Coliseum / Wii Fit Studio / Palutena's Temple: Either bland or boring.

Donkey_Inferno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Donkey_Inferno
3DS FC
4768-7553-7018
Hands down, Gamer is my favorite stage

Then next in line would be

Wuhu Island
Skyloft
Mario Circuit
Jungle Hijinxs