• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Stage of All?

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
I didn't see one of these made, so... What and why are your favorite stage(s) in all three games, and what stage are you looking forward to the most?

For me, my favorite stage(s) would have to be Brinstar Depths, and the C.Falcon one where you ride on the cars. My reasons for these would be mostly because everyone else hates them, so I made myself awesome on these courses.

So.... What about you?

link 226

Smash Rookie
I never really enjoyed Finl Destination that much actually :/
I always thought it was a little boring.
O.o how could you say that!? final destination is the best stage for a pure skill(and items :p) battle.

My favourite stage probably has to be, corneria, its big, lots of things happening (i.e ships blasting the heck into you) , and all round a good fight :)

Gringleman

Smash Rookie
For 64, my favorite is Hyrule Castle. In melee its either Final Destination or Hyrule Temple(I love how big it is). Lylat Cruise in Brawl looks amazing. There are explosions everywhere in the background and some really cool looking views in space. Warping around the ship would add an extra twist to the already great game itself.

RyuDragonKing

Smash Journeyman
O.o how could you say that!? final destination is the best stage for a pure skill(and items :p) battle.

My favourite stage probably has to be, corneria, its big, lots of things happening (i.e ships blasting the heck into you) , and all round a good fight :)
I dunno what it was about Final Destination, it just bored me to tears. Sure, it's a good place for a competition match, but if these so-called pros were playing in Brinstar Depths, their performances would suffer.

(Trust me, I've played against someone who can beat me anyday in Final Destination, but I placed him in the oft-mentioned Depths and I beat him without much of a hassle.

Takeshi245

Smash Champion
My favorite stage for SBB was Princess Peach's castle. In SSBM, it was Rainbow Cruise. For Brawl, I'll determine that when I actually get the game. :)

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
my favorite stages of all time are: Brinstar,(don't know why alot of people dislike, it's tight!):dizzy:, another one I like is Final Destination which I know a graet deal of smashers like, and of course Saffron City, that stage Pwns!!, I really hope it makes it's return( or at least a similar stage like it would be tight :))

Unknownlight

Smash Journeyman
My favorite stage for melee would be hyrule temple by far. I love how huge and massive it is. Actually, now that I think about it it's probably the biggest stage ever in the history of fighting games. Not counting icicle mountain of corse.:ohwell:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Super Smash Bros. 64 - Hyrule Castle and Saffron City
Super Smash Bros. Melee - Hyrule Temple, Onett, Fountain of Dreams (mainly for the music. :p) and there's a few others I can't remember at the moment.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl - Delfino Plaza looks like the most interesting right now. It isn't always that boring form of one huge platform and a few platforms above it.

Joshua368

Smash Apprentice
Let's see, favorites... in Melee, my favorites are probably, hmm...

For party rounds where it's just me and my siblings going nuts, definitely Hyrule Temple. The level adds for ton of variety and it's extremely fun bouncing all around the underside of the stage in the utter chaos that is 200% damage-plus.

Another favorite of mine is Mute City. It just find it fun. Plus I seem to win more often than on it, so my brothers hate it. Maybe it's that floaty Luigi has a bit of an advantage? At any rate, I like it.

And lastly, the obvious Final Destination. By far the stage I play the most, because most of the time I just really enjoy a skillful round. And although I hate falling into the "no items 1v1, FD only" hardcore smasher stereotype, I just find it to be the ultimate stage for me to use all my smashing skills, and I find that very fun. When I can let the fullness of the fighting game itself come to the forefront, I just don't need any stage or item gimmicks to interfere to have a blast.

As for the battlefield-type stages... they just don't seem to do it for me as much. I'm fine with them, but I guess they're a bit too small. I don't like being so cramped.

As for SSB64, Hyrule Castle and Mushroom Kingdom are probably my favorites, and in Brawl, I'd have to say that Castle Seige is the stage that interests me the most, with Isle Delfino and Bridge of Eldin nearby.

Nigachu

Smash Apprentice
For the 64 it's Hyrule temple, I love throwing others into the small tornados. For Melee it's a tie between Onett and Corneria. One is fun and the other is fair, probably go with Onett. Lots of crazy things happen on that stage. As for brawl I would probably go with Castle siege.

Testament27

Smash Journeyman
ssb: honestly, saffron city
ssbm: pokemon stadium
ssbb: (dojo updated thus far) smashville, but possibly pokemon colliseum

Sauvie

Smash Apprentice
SSB: Dreamland (Simple Fair and the small gimmick of the tree is a nice touch)
SSBM: Dreamland and Final Destination(Dreamland is the same, and Final Destination is basically a match of nothing but skill when items are off, no gimmicks, no platforms or glitchy ledges just a flat stage that needs skill to play)
SSBB from the updates: I would have to go with Skyworld (For whatever reason the Destructible platform idea really looks interesting to me, I have no clue why though)

Azukki

Smash Apprentice
Mushroom Kingdom in SSB, because of the POW
Metal Mario Stage in SSB, because it looks cool

Final destination in Melee, because it's simple
Big Blue in Melee, because it's insane.

Mario Circuit in Brawl, because there will be carts going through the stage in two axises, if it's on the intersection of a ramped figure 8, as it looks like it might be.
And... I guess Delfino Plaza, just because of the landing points.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
My favorite stage(With no items) is undoubtedly Final Destination. A pure skill match. No hiding and jumping around on platforms to the anger of others. Just skill vs. skill, to the winner goes the glory. I love it.

And for the 64? Most likely Hyrule Castle, for it's simplicity.

And the Castle Siege level in Brawl is shaping up to be one of my favorites, right in front of The Bridge.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
My favorite stage(With no items) is undoubtedly Final Destination. A pure skill match. No hiding and jumping around on platforms to the anger of others. Just skill vs. skill, to the winner goes the glory. I love it.

And for the 64? Most likely Hyrule Castle, for it's simplicity.

And the Castle Siege level in Brawl is shaping up to be one of my favorites, right in front of The Bridge.
...Iz boring...

I like random elements...

Smashed11

Smash Cadet
N64 - Great Fox. That stage was awesome, If Melee had the space background for it, it would have been so much better in Melee, but the N64 version beat it out in size too.

GC - Mute City. A-w-e-s-o-m-e, thats exactly how you Describe Mute City. Though it just looks a little outdated to me for some reason.

Wii - Bridge of Eldin. The stage looks perfect.

Top Bottom