• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite N64 Stage?

Castle Maker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Castle Maker
3DS FC
0130-2851-8580
Which one do you like most? I LOVE Hyrule castle....TO DEATH, I played on it for HOURS.....And the Project M Remake is just beautiful

Sangoku

Smash Master
I can't seem to get used to several stages. At the beginning I used to like Hiderule, because it was widespread and everybody played there. Then it shifted to Gimpland and I've been enjoying it way more. Both have flaws and nothing is perfect. The problem of Gimpland is it can easily become a game revolving around grab&gimp (aka GeeGee) which I don't find as fun. And the problem about Hiderule is it can become a real stale game, which is even worse in my opinion.

So final answer: Gimpland :)

Olikus

Smash Champion
castle maker you should make a poll. so we can se which stages everyone prefer

M4TT

Smash Cadet
saffron City is easily the most fun stage to me, playing with friends there no matter the skill level is great. Hate the mushroom kingdom (unlockable one)

Hell yoshis is fun with friends too. But my favorites are hyrule, dreamland, and congo

Castle Maker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Castle Maker
3DS FC
0130-2851-8580
saffron City is easily the most fun stage to me, playing with friends there no matter the skill level is great. Hate the mushroom kingdom (unlockable one)

Hell yoshis is fun with friends too. But my favorites are hyrule, dreamland, and congo
Yah the mushroom kingdom on e was...kinda lame

ThePlacidPlatypus

Smash Ace
I actually really like the Mushroom Kingdom stage. It was very unique with the warp pipes and such. Though my favorite has to be Saffron.

Technical_Knockout

Smash Apprentice
my favorites are dreamland, congo jungle, peach's castle, hyrule castle & mushroom kingdom, probably in that order...

planet zebes, saffron city & sector z are fun to mix it up occasionally.

yoshi's island can burn in hell.

gotta get me a gameshark to try out the other options... anybody know which gameshark is best for console 64?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Peach's Castle <3

Last edited by a moderator:

Castle Maker

Smash Cadet
NNID
Castle Maker
3DS FC
0130-2851-8580

Morin0

Smash Lord
I lost you at

Looks just like it. (Unless you're referring to the newer one, then yes, I suppose.)

EDIT: I just saw that he specifically said remake. Yeah, your opinion is garbage. LOL JK.

Just like young Sangoku, I grew up with Hyrule, so I thought that was the best stage at the time. I hated playing on Dream Land. Now I love Dream Land and don't enjoy Hyrule as much. I do agree with Sangoku that in Dreamland there's such a high emphasis on gimping. Dream Land is probably my favorite stage.

Last edited:

sovereigntea

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0146-9845-1024
Metal Mario's Cavern was pretty great
but overall I have to say Peach's Castle. Its just a really great fun stage no matter how many people you have and I love the pinball machine design of it

dahuterschuter

Smash Journeyman
Sector Z was always my favourite, and Hyrule Castle, but ever 64 stage is magic. Only game in the series with all great stages and no baddies.

William5000000

Smash Journeyman
Hyrule Castle would've been my favorite stage if that tornado wasn't part of the stage. Random spawning tornado and randomly switching from slow moving to fast moving prevents it from being my favorite stage. :(

I used to dislike playing on Dream Land with a passion since the year 2011. Now, not so much, though I still don't like that stage. But it's okay, I'll deal with it, especially since Hyrule Castle is no longer legal in you-know-whats.

Last edited:

Earthward Bound

Smash Cadet
Honestly, even though smash 64 is one of my favourite smash games, i think the stages kinda suck.

I bought my first gameshark a while back since I found one for cheap to try some of the unlock-able ones but it was mostly just a dissapointment. Metal mario is waaay too small, training stage sucks for so many reasons, and battlefield i thought was awesome at the beggining but i hate the ledges and like the size of dreamland better - just find the wind a bit irritating.

Dreamland > hyrule > battlefield / polygon

Ill play peach's and kongo with zero complaints if someone else wants to go there and just very recently decided zebes can sometimes be kinda fun but everything else can go to hell.

Top Bottom