• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Mario Mascot!

Favorite Mario Mascot

• Mario

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Luigi

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Peach

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Daisy

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • Yoshi

Votes: 8 12.5%
  • Koopa Troopa

• Paratroopa

Votes: 6 9.4%
  • Shy Guy

• Boo

Votes: 14 21.9%
  • Toad

• Birdo

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Donkey Kong

• Diddy Kong

• Waluigi

• Wario

• Bowser

• Metal Mario

• Shadow Mario

• Bowser Jr.

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Baby Mario

• Baby Luigi

• Goomba

• The old Toad guy from SMS

• Boshi

• Lakitu

• Petey Piranha

• Morton

• Ludwig

• Wendy

• Larry

• Iggy

• Lemmy

• Roy

• Hammer Brothers

• Geno and/or Mallow

Votes: 7 10.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zootematix

Artist formally known as ToadBanjoConker
BRoomer
Vote for your favorite Nintendo mascot. Also post your reasons for your vote!

LOL, I love the topics I make when I'm completely bored out of my mind :p.

Personally, my favorite is obviously Toad....don't ask me why but he's just always been my favorite. I think it's his voice ;).

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Shouldn't it be favorite Mario mascot? I wanted to vote for Captain Falcon.Anyway, Metal Mario is a cool guy. Being near invincable? That has to rock. Plus the Wario Brothers rule. I just love the evil twin type things. Even if they are cousins.:)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
If you think Toad is cool, you obviously do not own Super Mario 2 for your Gameboy Advance. I considered setting it on fire just so I wouldn't have to hear his mind-numbingly, IQ-destroying voice.

I think it's his voice ;).
Boot to the head! :p

Anyway, it was actually a closer race than I thought when I clicked the topic. I ended up going with my old favorite, Para Troopa, just because he's the coolest. Koopa Troopa was a contender, but Para Troopa is just a regular Troopa that can fly, which is better.

The other two nominees were Lakitu and the Hammer Brothers. Lakitu, I decided in the end, is too annoying to be voted as my favorite Mario mascot. Throwing spineys everywhere, riding his cloud up in the air like he thinks he's better than me. I don't think so. Lakitu got the boot. (By the way, Lakilester A.K.A. "Spike" did not help Lakitu's score.)

The other person I considered was the Hammer Brothers. They've always been cool, and they had that great hammer-throwing suit in Mario 3. But then I remember that that's the only thing those guys can do. Jump and throw hammers. I don't think I've ever even seen either of them walk a couple of steps. Jumping and throwing hammers, throwing hammers and jumping, at least when you're a Para Troopa you can fly places and look around at stuff. I mean, how would you like to be stuck for the rest of your life in one spot, and the only thing you could do is jump a few feet into the air, and throw mallets at fat plumbers who want to steal your clothes? Sounds like a demeaning existence to me.

So yeah, in conclusion, Para Troopa is the best.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
He's everywhere. He comes in all sizes. If you encounter one, you won't know what hit you. He used to be invincible. In the new games you can jump on him. That sux.

And if you've played Mario Tennis, you'll know his pwnzorsness.

Boo gets my vote.

Crono

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm growing chest hair.

I voted for koopa troopa. I don't know why. He's kind of cute I suppose.

What the **** is Boshi?

I'm going to sleep.

GameFreaking

BRoomer
BRoomer
Koopa Troopa cause the should never taken hm from Mario Kart in the first place.

ParaTroopa cause putting him in Mario Tennis was pure genius.

These two should have thier own game "The Super Troopa Bros."

DK,cause he is the only good playable character in the MP series.

And Diddy cause he is my man.

Kid Icarus

Angel Guard
BRoomer
LOL, the main man himself has no votes. I guess people just don't like fat plumbers.

I voted for Yoshi, he's always been my fav for all Mario games. If I had to vote differently, I'd vote Lakitu because 1. He is just so cool flying around on his cloud all day and 2. he's Miyamoto's favorite Mario character...

Limey

Smash Fan
BRoomer
Wario is totally the best ever. I've only recently bought Wario Ware, too, which is my first Wario game. He's so great, but i only own one of his games!

Yeah, Wario rules.

Phillip Chanter

BRoomer
BRoomer
It'sa me Mario!

Me, I vote for the main man himself! Main reason: Because Mario is like the world's smallest itallian plumbing wrestler! Seriously, he can jump at least 50-40 feet in the air, he can wall jump like Jackie chan, he eats mushrooms and other strange things, he can toss things that weigh a ton (like the hulk), he can break hard bricks with his head and fist, and he's as fast as Gary Coleman on crack!

Now that I think about it, Mario can't be human from doing all of this stuff (must be the mushrooms), oh well, Mario is still the main man, and that's why I voted for him. :shyguy: :beezo:

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Peach because she just says the best things. :D
SSBM: "This is fun!" "Oh, did I win?"
Mario Golf: "Hit a pretty one!"

:starman:Toad because he is THE BEST!:starman: I love Toad, he's just so awesome. How could you dislike that lovable little guy?

Toadsworth was also voted for since he's like an old Toad, which is funny and really cool.

firaga01

Smash Lord
Toad may kick ***, but there's no denying the original's spotlight. Mario will always be my favorite video game character simply because he was the first I ever saw on a video game console.
So, anyways, Mario's gonna win you l0zers!!!!!11 Total pwnagz!!1 :p

Badboy Bighead

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Fat Plumber in Overalls. I mean, how can you not like a fat italian plumber in overalls? It's probably the most ingenius idea nintendo ever had.

Mario all the way!!

Quirky_hamster1

Smash Journeyman
Yoshi, fools. I dont know why but i always liked him. Yelping dinosaurs are too cute to not like. Id have also voted for Shy guy but i only get one choice.

Raccoon87

Smash Lord
Who's got the best laugh and can float? Who's been in a lot of games as an enemy and helper? Who's the best partner in Paper Mario? It's Boo!

The Duck

Smash Champion
!

I like all Mario characters. Mario, Boo, Waluigi, Wario, the bosses, Peach, Bowser, Daisy, et cetera. Some less than others, but it all balances out.

But I find them all second to the main man.

That main man is Luigi.

:cool: :starman: :goomba: :shyguy: :beezo: :qblock:

Bowser87

Smash Lord
Wario is number-a one! Reall, he's my favorite video game character, with Bowser. But I thought Bowser would get more votes. Come on people, vote for him, or the Wario Bros.!
I'm glad Bowser Jr. has no votes. He should never have been created! I hate him! He screwed the entire Mario storyline! There's only 7 Koopa Kids! Now if they would get some votes too...
Oh yeah, and now to praise Wario. Well he's the one with the more personality in the games, and greed IS good! I played all his games except the one on the Virtual Boy, and he doesn't deserve being called a thief or a robber or anything. In his games, he really does deserve all those treasures and ca$h he found during his quests. He saved the world in Wario Land 3! And he got the huge golden Princess Peach statue back from the Syrup Queen in Wario Land 1, but noooo, Mario was waiting there with an helicopter and took the statue back himself as soon as the boss was beaten. And he should have been in SSBM, with Waluigi! He deserves it more than any new character, except maybe Bowser. In short, Wario is the killer!"Do the Wario! Don't-a do war!"

Yavarice

Dreadnought
BRoomer
Lakitu, he flies and was the most devastating adversary I faced, tracking me on the ground, bombing with spineys and you could never shake him.

Or I would have chosen the shoe.

sharkboy013

Smash Lord
Yoshi, cause he comes in a rainbow of colors, has one awesome drive in MG:TT, can eat anything in existance, and well, is just plain awesome.

The Duck

Smash Champion
Originally posted by Bowser87
And he should have been in SSBM, with Waluigi! He deserves it more than any new character, except maybe Bowser.
Yeah, Wario should have been in Super Smash Brothers Melee too with Waluigi. Exactly what was Nintendo thinking when they picked Dr. Mario instead? Not that I don't like him...

Lakitu is an interesting choice...he was pretty sneaky in Super Mario 64...the ones that tried to throw spinies at you, plus I enjoyed battling them on Rainbow Ride.

BTW, I think Bowser Jr., while kind of cool, is a story line killer in some sorts. Makes you wonder if he's actually Bowser's son, he's probably not...

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
The almighty Shyguy , because he has appeared in more games than all those other characters- even mario, and in all shapes and colors.

The other person I considered was the Hammer Brothers. They've always been cool, and they had that great hammer-throwing suit in Mario 3. But then I remember that that's the only thing those guys can do. Jump and throw hammers. I don't think I've ever even seen either of them walk a couple of steps. Jumping and throwing hammers, throwing hammers and jumping, at least when you're a Para Troopa you can fly places and look around at stuff. I mean, how would you like to be stuck for the rest of your life in one spot, and the only thing you could do is jump a few feet into the air, and throw mallets at fat plumbers who want to steal your clothes? Sounds like a demeaning existence to me.
O McFox you are so wrong! The hammer bros can walk, in fact they give small steps back and forth before jumping -and- throwing hammers... But if you really want to see them walk , play Super Mario Bros, and find any hammer bros.... just wait, wait, wait and wait, they'll get so annoyed and mad at you that they totally flip out and start running after your ***!! it's true, try it out. You have to wait a lot tho.

Ticadrius

Grammar Hammer
BRoomer
I voted Waluigi since I didn't think he got enough love, but with a good deal of the vote, I guess I was wrong. He's still my favorite though, evem though whenever we play Mario Tennis or Golf, my friends always say, "Why did you pick Waluigi? He's gay."

To which I respond: "You ***! You picked a chick!"

Gamer4Fire

PyroGamer
BRoomer
I voted for Yoshi because he is the best racer in MK64. In the right areas, you can actually make him fly (it may be cheating, but I win!).

Bowser87

Smash Lord
I found another point in favor of Wario! Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't he the only Nintendo character besides Mario to have appeared on every Nintendo console or handheld? Yep, he did appear on the Nes and the Snes, and got the Virtual Boy's launch game! Ha! I don't see any other character, except Mario, doing such a feat!

King Genius XIII

Smash Lord
My favorite is also Wario. Though I love all Mario characters (maybe not Bowser Jr.), Wario is the coolest one. Like Bowser87 said, he has the most personality of all, and his games are awesome (man, I love WLII). He's too funny with his nose-picking, his shouting, his weird voice, his fat-ness... He's just so COOL!

Other favorites are Shy Guy, Bowser, Peach, Tubba Blubba, Koopa Bros. and Geno. Especially Geno. Why does Geno have to share with Mallow?
Geno is such an awesome dude. He's a puppet, he's mysterious, he's powerful... SO cool!

Magus

Lone Wolf
BRoomer
Geno was a badass, especially in the ending sequences of SMRPG. Too bad we'll probably never see him again.

CerbKirby

Smash Lord
Boo! Oh, that wasn't scary? Oh well...I voted for...Boo! Why you say? Because he's da bomb diggitiest ghost I've ever seen. He's very sneaky, sinister, has an entertaining cackle, and is a party animal. Plus he pwnz in Mario Tennis (he's my favorite character in that game ;)). Something so simple yet intriguing (sp?) could fit it's great self into the Mario games? I think so indeed!

My second choice was probably Para Troopa, because he is the best turtle on wings ever. Was Miyamoto or Nintendo high or something when they decided to create a turtle, not even able to jump, with wings? I believe so. He's also pretty good in Mario Tennis also so um yeah.

My third would be the beer-bellied, nose-picking, food-loving Wario. He's the funniest jokester around, but when he's serious then he means business. I haven't not laughed or chuckled at Wario's 3-D appearances with his voice. It's just so hilarious, and if there wasn't a Wario in Mario Party, the games'd be flat (sort of).

magizidane

Smash Rookie
Shy Guy is the mascot. No doubt. I mean, he does more than Mario. You see him everywhere. He is all that matters.:beezo:

MJS

NOT A FINGAH!
BRoomer
It's Hammer Time.
Thus, I voted for the Hammer Bros.

SPAZ

Smash Journeyman
I voted for Boo cause basically whateveryone else has said, and also cause I dont think in mario bros. games they are evil! nope!

I think that bowser took them and put them in the Boo houses so they would be trapped there! they dont know the way out without someone showing them the ways. so when mario comes along they follow him. when he turns around they cover there faces thinking if they dont see him he cant see them! cause they dont want mario to be afraid of them cause then he wouldnt lead them outa the boo house! poor neglected Boos, thats why I voted for them! lol, I feel sorry for myself after that.....

and shy guy is just cool, (look at avatar) they are hunters, tricksters, gamblers, they are in most mario games with so many diferent roles to play.

and Iggy, one of the koopalings deserve to get known. they are my favorite mario bosses. and Iggy looks spazzed out in most of the pictures of him.:chuckle:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom