• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Heavy weights and why

Favorite Heavy weights

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr.Megaman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Dr.MM20XX
3DS FC
1392-5817-5075
1.) :4dedede: Good recovery and projectile attack.

2.) :4myfriends: Lovable personality, and he fights for his friends.

3.) :4dk: Lovable personality, and pretty fast for a heavy weight .

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
I'm an Ike main, and like him because he's not too slow or heavy for his weight class. This allows me to have a fairly reliable recovery and have the striking power to make people fear my strikes.

I like Charizard for the style, as he looks cool doing most of his moves.

Ganondorf is on my honorable mentions list, as I've got a lot of respect for that Warlock Punch. (That backhand! :eek:)

absurdity69

Smash Rookie
King Dedede can be played very creatively.

He has such a variety of moves, he can suck, use projectile, fly, fight in the air and on the ground and grabs well. My vote goes to him!

Who else uses King Dedede?

Are there any good youtube videos of pros using him?

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Ganondorf:4ganondorf: and Charizard. :4charizard:
1.)First is simply a lot of fun in friendly matches and online, also his custom moves kick ass
2.)Charizard is my main. He has simply a nice flow with my gameplay style. What else can be said about Charizard? I like that all his moves have USE. That is something I always liked since SSB64(damn son is that long ago). And of course his special moves are great!

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Based purely on gameplay, Ganon and DK, because I find them fun and satisfying to play as.

Taking into account personality and nostalgia, well, I love 'em all equally!

JSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
JustinJSG
Dedede is fun. Down tilt for days.

Ike is also pretty good. His nair approach game is pretty solid.

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
1. :4myfriends: As a Shulk main using Ike came naturally. He still has the reach of the Monado (albeit Ike's has a slightly shorter range) and gives up versatility in favor for power. The only heavyweight I want to learn beyond a casual level.
2. :4ganondorf: Always go for the hardest of reads.
3. :4dk: Will opened up my eyes to him and now I use him sparingly in sessions if I feel like going bananas.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
My favorite heavyweights are:
1. :4myfriends:. Haven't played as him that in Brawl but that all changed in Smash 4. I like his personality and the way he plays even though he's slow. Plus, he fights for his friends so what else is there to say?
2. :4ganondorf:. He's really fun to play as and play against. His aerial Flame Choke (or Ganoncide as mentioned by many) is still the most satisfying move ever.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

:4myfriends:
> Sexy Range
> Smaller target, heavier weight
> Air Shenanigans
> Fights for his friends

:4bowser:
> Bowsercide

GhostUrsa

Smash Ace
NNID
GhostUrsa
3DS FC
1220-6542-6727
Doesn't :4falcon: count as a heavyweight?
I thought he was considered in the medium weight class, though one of the heaviest of his class. I could be wrong, but when I F-smash him with Ike he doesn't have the staying power of other Heavies yet doesn't die so easy like the feather weights.

Gabriel - Jthor

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
2981-6298-8464
Ike and Charizard because i just love throwing out their Nairs, and also because i LOVE reading opponents with such powerful attacks as Ike's Smash attacks and the ultimate smash move: Flare Blitz. Yes, i get punished a LOT when playing them, but it's fun haha.

Sodo

Smash Journeyman
D3 is my favorite because of his taunts, but I like to play as Bowser the most.

The Pizza Guy

Smash Apprentice
I thought he was considered in the medium weight class, though one of the heaviest of his class. I could be wrong, but when I F-smash him with Ike he doesn't have the staying power of other Heavies yet doesn't die so easy like the feather weights.
Good to know.
In that case, :4ganondorf: all the way.

Dedede for his funny animations and rockin' vertical recovery, and for having a projectile.

Besides, he's just a penguin with a big hammer, so even if you knew nothing of the Kirby series, he's an admirable character.

Last edited:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
:4dk: & :4myfriends:

Why?

Both are easily the fastest heavy weights, or at least far more agile than the others. And have range going on for them.

Plus, they are my favorite Smash characters outside of :4diddy:

sirkaliber

Smash Rookie
Ike and Ganondorf cus they both still quite agile regardless of being heavy as crap :4myfriends::4ganondorf:

Saclam

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Boofa_man
3DS FC
1719-4228-9638
1:4dk::fun to use all around especially in teams,landing a fully charge punch feels so satisfying.

2:4myfriends::tried him out the first time in brawl and was surprise how hard he hits,it got even better in smash 4 when he got faster and got combos to boot.

Jedisupersonic

Eight Leaves One Kame Style
NNID
Jedisupersonic
3DS FC
4871-3983-7566
Ike is my favorite, his aerials are awesome fun. Plus I love Fire Emblem.

Charizard surprised me in how fun he is in this game too.

Muskrat Catcher

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0748-4100-0093
Heavy weights are literally the only characters that I am any good with, with the exception of little Mac and lucario at times. Otherwise, give me a heavyweight, maybe except for DK, and I will give you a run for your money.
Favorites:
1. King dedede - nobody can completely outmatch dedede. No character completely counters him. He has an amazing air game, survivability, and those disjointed hitboxes can keep you safe! Also, I like to go on 4-player smash a lot and just spit people off the ledge. It works very well with certain characters!
2. Charizard - so much super armor! Anyways, charizard has a tilt for any occasion, and smashes for any occasion as well! It is difficult to know what he will pull out next, so it keeps you on your toes
3. Ganondorf - THE DISRESPECT THAT THIS MAN IS CAPABLE OF! I once ended a match in 16 seconds with ganon in 1v1 for glory. Against a skilled opponent. But seriously, hard reads, shield breaks, and some pure luck is what ganon is all about. I love winning with him. (Unfortunately he is pretty easy combo food at times)

Putuk

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2723-9688-6533
Switch FC
SW-8387-2163-6416
King Triple-De, no doubt.
There's just so many fun options with him. Just crouching alone is incredible, it gives you unlimited taunts in For Glory. And in a land of limited taunts, the De-Meister holds his title as King with reason!
Then there's Gordos. Great for edgeguarding. And if you can trick a Villager to pocket it and then whack it back at him, you get a very satisfying result.
And finally, Inhale. You can eat people off-stage and just fall off. That must be super frustrating.

That aside, he's HANDSOME!!
Not to mention probably one of the most fun character designs in video games, period.

In conclusion:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
1. :4bowser: Bowser doesn't just kick your a** all over the stage; he makes a spectacle out of your pain-crippling humiliation. Just like a professional wrestler in the glory days, Bowser spins around airborne before planting his victim between the stage and his well-defined abdomen, sits on his victim to illustrate how helpless they truly are, and awes the audience with a well-timed dropkick and a wink. Well, maybe he doesn't wink.

2. :4wario2: This man is just fun. His animations flow and he seems like he is really having a good time even when he loses.

3. :4ganondorf: So much power.

4. :4myfriends: A beefcake with a sword. He is a good foil to Marth.

5. :4charizard: A little like Bowser with a slightly different flavor.

6. :4dk:, :4dedede: I love their designs and flavor, but they just don't match my playstyle. DK is fun to play against, the penguin is a pain in the a**.

Last edited:

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
Yeah, someone in 11th place out of 48 is not a heavyweight. I think Captain Falcon is a Heavyweight, and I also think that's where the line should be drawn. We have 13 Heavyweight(Yoshi and Link tie with him), 13 Lightweight, 12 Middleweight. That makes sense?

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Bowser Jr. is not on this list and he is tied for fourth heaviest along with Charizard. There is a wight point scale and I would label characters above 110 as Super Heavyweights. This includes Bowser, DK, DeDeDe, Charizard, Bowser Jr., and Ganondorf.

ClumzyWumzy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Clumzy
:4charizard: because of the amount of work it takes to regain lost momentum. If I pull it off it's oh so satisfying. I don't win a lot though (._. )

FGC-Oni

Smash Apprentice
NNID
FGC-Oni
3DS FC
0430-8323-9211
Whenever I'm not using Link I usually float towards Ganondorf. I'm a decent Ganon player but not always patient which tends to get me killed but if there's top 3 reason I play Ganon it's because...

1 - Dair

2 - "Reverse" Warlock Punch

3 - Ganoncide

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
:4ganondorf: Favorite video game villain tied with Albert Wesker from Resident Evil, even if he's a clone he's sill a badass powerhouse.
:4dk: I like all of his spikes and his derp taunt.
:4charizard: It's Charizard and he has Seismic Toss.

DarkJosh

Smash Cadet
:4bowser:
1: Looks awesome
2: Absolutely decimates people in Team Smash. down b and smash left/right are insane when you have multiple people you can hit

SEXINT

Smash Rookie
Although he's not on the list, I'd say Bowser Jr. is definitely my favorite. Lots of utilities and recovery options out the ass.

Top Bottom