• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Favorite Final Smashes?

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I thought it got buffed because of the slow down that happens right at the start now to let you catch opponents easily, that wasn't in Brawl.
In return, it doesn't have that hitbox that pulls people in front of you anymore.

Woohoo982

Smash Apprentice
Mine are Great Aether, Shin Shoryuken, Puff Up, and Roy's Critical Hit, in that order.
Which Great Aether, the original one or all the mindless ripoffs?
:4cloud::4corrin::4corrinf::4robinm::4miibrawl::4robinf: :4miisword::4myfriends: <---- this is Ike killing all the Great Aether ripoffers btw

Getting back on topic, my favorites are Roy's Critical Hit, Yoshi Dragoon, Mega Man Legends, BLUE FALCAWWWWNN and Dream House, in that order.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
:4cloud::4corrin::4corrinf::4robinm::4miibrawl::4robinf: :4miisword::4myfriends: <---- this is Ike killing all the Great Aether ripoffers btw

Getting back on topic, my favorites are Roy's Critical Hit, Yoshi Dragoon, Mega Man Legends, BLUE FALCAWWWWNN and Dream House, in that order.
Wait, since when :4corrinf: final smash is a ripoff? Since when Ike final Smash is a cinematic? Why is the Mii Swordfighter here?

SINCE WHEN OMNISLASH IS A GREAT AETHER RIPOFF?

MacSmitty

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Seeker624
Switch FC
SW 1823 5909 5682

Mii Swordfighters Final Smash doesn't hit people in the air, and neither does Corrins. I'm getting sick of the whole "Ike/Cloud stole Cloud's/Ike's Final Smash. The whole "trap an opponent in an inescapable combo" special has been in fighting games for a long time now.
Anyway my favorites are Mario Finale/Dr Finale, Super Pac-Man, Triforce Slash, Three Sacred Treasures, Pair Up, Chain Attack, Super Sonic, Ominslash, Critical Hit, and Mega Legends.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
UH JUST LOOK AT OMNISLASH
Also, The Mii Swordfighter is supposed to be ike's "sword" that he uses to kill all the Final Smash ripoff-ers
Yes, I'm looking at Omnislash, a move from a 1997 game.

And Swordfighters Final Smash is a projectile, how is that close to great aether? Is Zelda a Link rip-off because she uses a bow?

11wildy

Smash Rookie
Kirby's fabulous mega sword of rainbows! definitely my favorite. It looks so wonderful

LEGOfan12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LEGOfan12
3DS FC
3007-8664-3561
Omnislash, Pair Up, all Critical Hit, Omega Blitz, Great Aether, Mega Legends, Super Sonic (though nerfed), Infernal Climax, Dark Pit Staff/Light Arrow, Three Sacred Treasures, and Super Pac-Man.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Newcomers:

:4greninja: 's Secret Ninja Attack - Part of this could be my bias for Greninja speaking, but I just love how it captures Greninja's ninja nature very well with the darkened setting and his fast movements. The moon in the background and Greninja's rapid cries with every slash makes the Final Smash feel even better, to the point that it feels really satisfying when Greninja delivers a KO with the finishing strike.

:4robinm:'s Pair Up - I love it because it's Chrom's time to shine, and seeing him beat up the opponent like that feels satisfying to watch, especially for a Chrom fan who felt hurt because of the way he was deconfirmed.

:4bayonetta:'s Infernal Climax - I really like the Danger Zone effect involved. In any moveset I can think of for any character, never did I think about an effect like that until Bayonetta came along, and it's pretty good idea that I hope we'll see happen with future Final Smashes. It's got an interesting way of executing the attack with the whole "attack your opponents as much as you can to fill the gauge", and the result? Gomorrah violently chomping on the opponents and finishing it off with a menacing roar. Just the very nature of Gomorrah's vicious voting fits really well for the final DLC character. It demonstrates what a Final Smash is really meant to be: a vicious and powerful attack that is designed to finish your opponents!

:4megaman:'s Mega Legends - How can you say no to this one? The fact all the Mega Men throughout the Mega series appear alongside Mega Man to deliver the ultimate lasers of doom looks insanely epic!

:4darkpit:'s Staff - Yes, it's the same as Zelda and Sheik's Final Smash, but it is far cooler. The way Dark Pit says "Goodbye" sends shivers down my spine, yet it makes landing a KO feel much more satisfying.

Veterans:

:4metaknight:'s Galaxia Darkness - One of my favorite Final Smashes in Brawl. The darkness setting down when you catch the opponent as Meta Knight utters the word's "Behold" or "Behold my power", followed with the powerful slash, makes the Final Smash feel bone-chilling yet awesome at the same time.

:4mewtwo:'s Psystrike - If there's a Final Smash that screams "dramatic", this is the one to do so. Mewtwo Mega Evolving, then unleashing a huge ball of energy that causes any opponent caught to become stunned (as if Mewtwo is messing with their brains) when it makes contact with them, and then unleashing a blast of psychic energy that delivers strong damage and knockback (which can also KO exceptionally early compared to other Final Smashes), good lord, this Final Smash is crazy I tell you!

:4falcon:'s Blue Falcon - Another one of my favorite Final Smashes in Brawl. I like how it captures Captain Falcon's favorite hobby to take out the opponent. When the opponent gets up in the middle of the raceway after being caught and seeing the Captain Falcon piloting the Blue Falcon piloting the Blue Falcon directly in front of them, you know it's not going to end well for the opponent. I also like the addition of the F-Zero starting line tune when the Blue Falcon is about to run over the opponent.

Ze Diglett

Smash Champion
Writing Team
NNID
ZeDiglett
:4mewtwo:'s Psystrike, without a doubt. It's everything Mewtwo deserves after being neglected for so long. Absolutely beautiful, and super useful, too.:4duckhunt:'s NES Zapper Posse is pretty hilarious and cool visually, too.:4megaman:'s Mega Legends deserves a mention as well because, seriously, how could I not?

Raven the Obsidian

Smash Cadet
NNID
RavenTheObsidian
3DS FC
3866-8144-2758
Omnislash, Pair Up, Infernal Climax, Chain Attack and Roy's Critical Hit.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
My top five are:
:4cloud:Cloud's Omnislash,
:4feroy:Roy's Critical Hit,
:4ryu:Ryu's Shin Shoryuken,
:4duckhunt:Duck Hunt's NES Zapper Posse,
and :4luigi: Luigi's Poltergust 5000 in that order.

EDIT: I'll tag on :4metaknight: Meta Knight's Galaxia Darkness. It gets major points for me for not only having an awesome sounding name, but the sheer coolness of how it looks.

Know my power! - Meta Knight

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
My top five are:
:4cloud:Cloud's Omnislash,
:4feroy:Roy's Critical Hit,
:4ryu:Ryu's Shin Shoryuken,
:4duckhunt:Duck Hunt's NES Zapper Posse,
and :4luigi: Luigi's Poltergust 5000 in that order.

EDIT: I'll tag on :4metaknight: Meta Knight's Galaxia Darkness. It gets major points for me for not only having an awesome sounding name, but the sheer coolness of how it looks.
Galaxia Darkness and Super Diffusion Beam probably have the best sounding names.

G-Guy

Smash Ace
NNID
G-Guy1990
:4wario2: Wario Man: This one is my favorite by far! Transforming into the formidable sub-super hero Wario man is hilarious and the stuff you can do with him is amazing. this Final smash gets bonus points for giving full control to the player, instead of simple proggin' a super move

:4ryu: Shin Shoryuken: Come on, you love it, too. You can feel the power rushing through Ryu's fist in this one, plus the entire color palette of this FS is super cool.

:4mewtwo:: Mind Crush!

Top Bottom