• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Father of a Veteran! Eliwood for Smash 4!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CamZ

Smash Apprentice

Who is Eliwood?
Eliwood is one of the three lords of "Fire Emblem: Blazing Sword", for the Gameboy Advance. It was released in Japan in 2003, and was later treated to American audiences in 2004. In his game, Eliwood is the prince of Pharae, whose king (Eliwood's father Elbert) is missing. Eliwood then embarks on an epic quest to find his father and uncover a secret conspiracy.
Why Eliwood?

When people think of an FE7 representative, Lyndis and Hector usually come to mind. But in my opinion, Eliwood would be the best way to represent both the game and the franchise. Lyndis and Hector supporters mostly claim that their character is unique and would provide something new to Fire Emblem representatives to Smash Brothers. What they fail to notice is that Eliwood could supply the same "freshness" to Smash Brohters. Also, since Eliwood is the father of a beloved Smash Veteran (Roy), both Roy fans and Eliwood fans would be pleased with this newcomer.

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
Eliwood's Move set!

Eliwood's move set would be based all around stabbing foes with his rapier, thus making him a unique character in the Smash Brothers franchise.

Jab: 3 stabs followed with multiple stabs (i.e Marth's Dancing Blade down finish) ending with a powerful stab.
f-tilt: long lunge with great range
d-tilt: pokes the opponent at the feat, similar to Roy/Marth's d-tilt
u-tilt: a weak poke upwards with decent knock back

F-smash: a powerful lunge attack similar to his FE7 critical hit animation
D-smash: Eliwood crouches and delivers 2 stabs to both sides
U-smash: Multiple stabs pointed upwards, great to rack up damage

fair: powerful forward stab with long lag at the beginning of the attack
dair: Eliwood adjusts his whole body upside down and delivers multiple stabs
uair: a stab similar to Marth's U-smash but in the air
bair: a backwards stab, effective killing move

N-Special: A chargeable stab that can be aimed in many directions
S-Special: A fast dash attack that homes in on the opponent, if it connects rapid stabs are bestowed upon the opponent
U-Special: A flying stab that sends Eliwood into the sky, but it lacks in horizontal reach
D-Special: A counter attack, just like every other FE character

Final Smash: Promotion

Eliwood gains the power of the legendary sword: Durandal. Eliwood armed with the Durandal and mounted on a mighty horse, he proceeds to gallop along the battlefield and slashes his foes into oblivion! Eliwood is moved manually with the control stick and can attack with the a button. The Final Smash lasts about 15 seconds.

Last edited:

NekuShikazu

Smash Journeyman
(Opinion) For a game that was made in 2003, I don't think it needs a representatives. Plus the fact there are 4 reps, adding anymore would be pushing it (besides Pokémon).

I don't know that much about Fire Emblem, but this is a detailed description of your character! Keep it up.

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
Thanks man, I appreciate all the support I can get. I made this thread like 3 days ago, and no one has visited except you.

Xuan Wu

Valor Ablaze
NNID
Xuanwu_2014
Although Leif is my next most wanted FE representative after the ones already in SSB4, Eliwood would make a fine addition, especially him not being another blue-haired lord. It helps that Roy was once part of the roster and that Eliwood's game was localized in the west. If Elibe gets no representation for this Smash, then hopefully it will for future installments.

^-^

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the support. Anyone who supports Eliwood is amazing btw.

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
I always liked Eliwood better over Roy if you ask me. And I have played both FEs.
At least I think he perfectly fits for an Ike alt costume/color.

Morbi

Scavenger
I have to admit, Eliwood would certainly be a way to have "Roy" return to Smash Brothers; however, as he is a different character, the potential for an original move-set is certainly more overt and acceptable. I would support Eliwood if I thought he had some semblance of a chance; unfortunately, as he is one of my favorite characters from Fire Emblem, he would be better suited as a costume for Roy, who is presumably a DLC character if he is even playable. But who knows, there is always Project M!

CamZ

Smash Apprentice
Thanks Terminal, as Eliwood supporters, we need to spread the good news all throughout SmashBoards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom